By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

West Ham - A (PL) 15:00 Sat 20th October 2018

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
It might be my ignorance, but it seems that Southgate moved Harry back for England with Sterling ahead of him, now we seem to be doing the same with Moura. I think Harry’s best position is on his own up front, with Eriksen, Lamela and Dele as the supporting cast.

Playing 4-2-3-1 a season or two back this produced a lot of goals and was solid at the back? I’m not sure Kane is quite as effective as a 10 or part of double team up front??

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It might be my ignorance, but it seems that Southgate moved Harry back for England with Sterling ahead of him, now we seem to be doing the same with Moura. I think Harry’s best position is on his own up front, with Eriksen, Lamela and Dele as the supporting cast.

Playing 4-2-3-1 a season or two back this produced a lot of goals and was solid at the back? I’m not sure Kane is quite as effective as a 10 or part of double team up front??
I will play devils advocate and say,its not about how many harry scores but results for the team.Thats the otherside of a different approach in formation.Also after being a 3 season wonder,he gets a lot of attention from opposing managers and defenders in trying to snuff him out,that opens the door for moura,son,dele,eriksen to score more IF they can get beyond kane.
Personally I think Harry does look a bit leggy ATM,the chance he had when put through last year he would have been in stride and took it with his right like the away goal at the emirates he scored.I would not be adverse to Poch playing Son and Moura on weds and giving Kane a break before citeh,he needs it and importantly fire him up to play for his place,wouldnt hurt to up the ante in getting him back on track.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DqDucTjX0AYgeq_.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I will play devils advocate and say,its not about how many harry scores but results for the team.Thats the otherside of a different approach in formation.Also after being a 3 season wonder,he gets a lot of attention from opposing managers and defenders in trying to snuff him out,that opens the door for moura,son,dele,eriksen to score more IF they can get beyond kane.
Personally I think Harry does look a bit leggy ATM,the chance he had when put through last year he would have been in stride and took it with his right like the away goal at the emirates he scored.I would not be adverse to Poch playing Son and Moura on weds and giving Kane a break before citeh,he needs it and importantly fire him up to play for his place,wouldnt hurt to up the ante in getting him back on track.
Good shout and your analysis might be spot on, if it is, then the others need to take their chances and use the space created. Poor old harry isn't getting the rest at home either with the new baby, maybe he should kip down at the training ground or the gaff he owns nearby?? Poor bloke can't win either way!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good shout and your analysis might be spot on, if it is, then the others need to take their chances and use the space created. Poor old harry isn't getting the rest at home either with the new baby, maybe he should kip down at the training ground or the gaff he owns nearby?? Poor bloke can't win either way!!
Thing with him,dele and eriksen they have spells looking,well normal and then bang out of nowhere they go on a run of form and stay there rest of the season,it`s all mind,confidence,between the ears mostly,they`ll all come good cos they are quality that works to be top.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

I don't like Harry being dropped back although I agree with @skiathospurs he just looks drained, I don't think he really played that deep in this game. A heat map I'm sure will prove me wrong here.

The whole harry being dropped back to allow Moura room isn't floating with me though as Moura proved just as much a pain in the arse out on the wing as upfront, whereas Kane is clearly more effective up front.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I don't like Harry being dropped back although I agree with @skiathospurs he just looks drained, I don't think he really played that deep in this game. A heat map I'm sure will prove me wrong here.

The whole harry being dropped back to allow Moura room isn't floating with me though as Moura proved just as much a pain in the arse out on the wing as upfront, whereas Kane is clearly more effective up front.
you are right-ish,here are moura and kane`s heat map vs united.

DqSMcwEVAAAGe0q.jpg

DqSMfbKUUAEFZd5.jpg

Both about the same,just moura favours the right and Kane the left