By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

West Ham (H) PL Sun 18th Oct 2020 16.30

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm fucking fuming.....

I hope they get slaughtered by "mild cunt"...

The players who came on stepped us down a level and allowed them into the game...

Absolute shit stain pikey cunts piss me off.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm fucking fuming.....

The players who came on stepped us down a level and allowed them into the game...

We had already gone to sleep before the subs tbf to them.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Jesus fucking Christ.

This is exactly why other supporters laugh at us.

Fuck off. Fuck.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
If you bring on Bale, bowing to pressure, when clearly nowhere near fit, it tells me Jose thought the game was won. Yes he should've scored, but he lost the ball with bad touches a number of times and also had a very bad touch which led to the equaliser...
Also, someone tell me why we didn't go at them and press high to get a 4th and a 5th and kill the game ? Instead, we came out in the 2nd half, invited them on to us....Why ? Why would we do that ?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
......because we lack the professionalism and experience to be clinical and kill the game off. Regardless of VAR we did the same against Newcastle and countless times in the recent past.
Aurier, Winks, Sanchez Sissoko none are intelligent enough to do a simple thing like clear your lines. One day, hopefully we won’t have to keep going through this pain....one day

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Sad thing is once the second went in I knew we would draw. The mentality of this club is a nightmare. Someone mentioned overconfidence. I think the opposite is true. Our players looked scared shitless after their first went in. They knew they couldn't hold on and so did the spammers. 7 points dropped at home. While Mourinho is correct that we don't know how to win, he is absolutely the worst person to try to turn that mentality around. Even winning with him just doesn't feel that good. Gonna be a weird season and 1st might only need 70 points but this team would find a way to 69. Okay that was unintentional bit did make me laugh. Then I remembered our result and feel great disappointment again. Phew.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
What made this game very deceiving is that we were very clinical with our chances early on. Play wise, it was far from a walk over.

Others have said it. We didn't kill them off when we could have. We shut down & then it was hard to start up again. For me, the big change (besides our mentality) was replacing Ndombele with Winks & moving him behind Hojbjorg. The latter bossed the middle with Ndombele.

@Yid is right. I believe Jose will be looking at a few players with a very critical eye. I hope he now understands that Winks next to Sissoko handcuffs us. Neither has the skill or nous to get us out of trouble. It wasn't just one player that cost us the points but I don't know what Winks adds to us. Rarely does a ball from him go forward. He had a chance to hoof it downfield to end the game, yet he tried to take a touch. In our own end under pressure, Ndombele has the ability to play the ball forward 80% of the time with 80% accuracy which relieves the pressure. Winks tends to play backwards which increases the pressure on us. Why play him to shield the defence when he simply compounds our issues?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
I'm fucking fuming.....

This was a game that required someone like Lamela to close out rather than Moura or Winks.
Unfortunately, he wasn't available & sprained wombs can heal before Thursday.

Jose surely ripped them a new one back in the dressing room & they'll be better for it going forward.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
This was a game that required someone like Lamela to close out rather than Moura or Winks.
Unfortunately, he wasn't available & sprained wombs can heal before Thursday.

Jose surely ripped them a new one back in the dressing room & they'll be better for it going forward.

When we lose the fucking title by a point of some fucking thing, look back on this shit.

What sort of proper football team can't close out a game when 3-0 up with 8 minutes to go?

FUCK ME DEAD.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It's like that evil book, the Bible in here at the moment:

"Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

We should be totally used to this sort of 'Proper Spursy' shit by now., I said yo Mrs D at half time - 'You know what Mrs D, we ain't going to win this and I will not even get a little bit grumpy'. Of course I did get really, really grumpy and used the words that get me the look of death from Mrs D. I thought Sanchez was pony from the first minute of the game right up until the end and Bale was crap, he didn't even score with his first touch free kick!. Oh well, I enjoyed the first 20 minutes, but to end up 5th below the fucking goons when we really should have been 3rd above the dippers is a pain in the bottom.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's like that evil book, the Bible in here at the moment:

"Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

We should be totally used to this sort of 'Proper Spursy' shit by now., I said yo Mrs D at half time - 'You know what Mrs D, we ain't going to win this and I will not even get a little bit grumpy'. Of course I did get really, really grumpy and used the words that get me the look of death from Mrs D. I thought Sanchez was pony from the first minute of the game right up until the end and Bale was crap, he didn't even score with his first touch free kick!. Oh well, I enjoyed the first 20 minutes, but to end up 5th below the fucking goons when we really should have been 3rd above the dippers is a pain in the bottom.
Well if ever a railroad was needed.....I saw an interview on sky news (ref covid) with a clergyman complaining that "we arent following the science" Oh how I laughed,follow the science unless its big bang,darwin......

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well if ever a railroad was needed.....I saw an interview on sky news (ref covid) with a clergyman complaining that "we arent following the science" Oh how I laughed,follow the science unless its big bang,darwin......
That's brilliant...

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
You just felt it was coming at least I did 😓😓😓
ED605636-031D-4670-ADAB-4AADBECEC2A1.jpeg

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
It's taking more than a few demonstrations, but this is a lesson best learned in October rather than in May. I'm as livid as everyone else, but we'll soon be better than this.

Sanchez might not.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The Cryptkeeper's ratings:

Lloris - 6 - no chance of saving any of the goals. Little to do other than pick those out of his net.
Reguilon - 5 - pretty average game, got caught out defensively too often. Produced a lovely cross for Kane's second.
Sanchez - 4 - marshalled Antonio well but the OG was just diabolical defending.
Alderweireld - 6 - did well enough. Was the most composed of the back four.
Aurier - 5 - a smashing cross was his only real contribution. Not terrible by any means but not a great game.
Hojbjerg - 7 - controlled the middle of the park well.
Sissoko - 7 - a poor clearance late on but put in his usual honest shift.
N'dombele - 8 - clearly a wonderful talent. Strong on the ball and is a lot like the great Mousa Dembele.
Son - 8 - a goal and an assist which is pretty standard for the man thee days. World class.
Kane - 10 - is the best player in the Premier League. May very well be the best player in the world by the end of the season.
Bergwijn - 4 - a bit of a nothing performance.

Winks - 3 - doesn't offer anything anymore. Is a neat and tidy player but not someone who can be trusted to close out a game.
Bale - 5 - thought he did enough. Has copped some criticism for missing an easy opportunity. This has completely disregarded the insane piece of skill the he used to create the opening. Won't see the best of him until after Christmas.
Moura - 5 - did his job.

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's taking more than a few demonstrations, but this is a lesson best learned in October rather than in May. I'm as livid as everyone else, but we'll soon be better than this.

Sanchez might not.
And yet aurier and winks both could have hoofed the ball clear in the 93rd minute,sissoko didnt even get off the ground for the header on their first goal,kane could have rolled the ball to bale for a tap in,bale himself missed a sitter....there`s plenty of blame to go round,including coaches,I know he`s the star,but a half fit bale on before moura,that would have been a helluva lot more midfield protection in front of right back.Most of all its the fact we got complacent,lazy even 2nd half.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Sanchez might not.

I agree but two points pissed away in October is the same as two points pissed away in May.

I don't care what anyone says, if you are chasing the title as we should be, we can't be playing catchup because you are relying on others. We need to make our own running and force the others to chase us.