By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

What did he know?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Albert Einstein said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". I am experiencing a feeling of optimism, I have felt this before many, many, many times. Almost every season ( Moorinho era excepted) I think to myself 'this will be the one, it's going to happen, shineys are on their way to the trophy cupboard" - and fuck bleedin' all happens. I am now thinking to myself that Paratici seems to be doing a good job, Levy is stepping back from being the all-knowing king of football, Harry might be staying, some of these rumoured signings seem brilliant, this season will be the one, Ican feel it in my creaky old bones!

That Einstein bloke was talking bollocks, doing the same thing over and over will of course eventually lead to us winning the quadruple!

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Maaaaaate, same...! Nearly posted a good vibes post myself as Pat does seem to be doing.... something...

Ive always like Nuno and the way his teams have set up...

I'm not going to be dragged in..... yet.

I think once Levy hands back his shareholdings to the fans I might get the fuzzies again...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
What is giving everyone these positive vibes? The 3-0 away win at Colchester or the 1-1 draw with Leyton Orient? have we signed someone that none of us have Googled? A black, french, winger maybe?

Do tell me, I used to be the king of positivity in a cave dwelling many years ago when all these people kept telling me Poch was no good, then we went undefeated at home and got to the CL final, we beat Real madrid and Dortmund at Wembley and Liverpool and United and Chelsea..........is Poch coming home?

What is it you teases......

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What is giving everyone these positive vibes? The 3-0 away win at Colchester or the 1-1 draw with Leyton Orient? have we signed someone that none of us have Googled? A black, french, winger maybe?

Do tell me, I used to be the king of positivity in a cave dwelling many years ago when all these people kept telling me Poch was no good, then we went undefeated at home and got to the CL final, we beat Real madrid and Dortmund at Wembley and Liverpool and United and Chelsea..........is Poch coming home?

What is it you teases......
I know mate... I don't know why... I know I'm an absolute mug for even believing the imaginary glimer that I think I see, because we signed a new player...

I'll stop now.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
In the 40+ years I’ve been a fan, I’ve always had that annoying optimism at the start of every season - without fail - but the cunt managed to suck that out of me like never before. (And fuck off with the jokes 🤣)

Even with Christian Gross, even with Jacques bloody Santini it was always that hope we’d win something - anything even. A “thanks for turning up” cup would have done.

This new season is certainly different thanks to the cunt. Nuno does seem like a decent bloke but I’m kind of like the family dog who’s outside in the garden sulking until someone can put a tasty snacko on a plate to tempt me inside ..

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Nah, we're fucked.

And the sooner you cunts embrace it, the better off you will be.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
All this negativity! I reckon we've got a good chance of getting through to the next round of the Eurovision Conference Sing-off. Even if we win fuck-all it will be better winning fuck-all with Nuno (Not A Cunt) Santa Claus in charge than winning fuck all with Jose (Definitely A Cunt) Mourinho, a much better class of fuck-all.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
All this negativity! I reckon we've got a good chance of getting through to the next round of the Eurovision Conference Sing-off. Even if we win fuck-all it will be better winning fuck-all with Nuno (Not A Cunt) Santa Claus in charge than winning fuck all with Jose (Definitely A Cunt) Mourinho, a much better class of fuck-all.
Winning fuck all beautifully is what every Spurs fan I grew up with was entitled to...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I hereby demand that our manager is forever referred to as Nuno Santa Claus for the duration of his time with us 🤣

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ah winning fuck all beautifully...hopefully we'll get those days back soon.
Mate.... if you compare it to "that cunts" Football that also delivered fuck all... its an upgrade.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Mate.... if you compare it to "that cunts" Football that also delivered fuck all... its an upgrade.
100%.
Like the typical Spurs fan I am, I'm actually (dare I say it) quietly optimistic about Nuno. It's happening...my mouth is turning up at both ends in an upward motion. I'm starting to be hopeful again. But then again, of course I am. In the way Chief Brody felt about the safety of the beaches after Jaws was blown up.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate, I have been a miserable cunt of late but I do think it was justifiable...

Anything better that the tripe we've suffered for the last 2.5 years may cradk my head in two...!!!

I've always liked the stern yet intelligent way Nuno has set up. He is a lot of what I look for in a coach. Confident and powerful but not always using that dominance to overpower.... but its fucking there if he needs it and doesn't mind reminding those who choose to ignore or disregard his authority.

I'd like to think if any manager (or chairman) gave him the Charlie big spuds he'd roll up his sleeves and chin the cunt...!!!

I don't smell the roses yet because they've just been brought and the hard work of planting them and watching them develop and hopefully blossom could be a season or 5 away. The generation of Spurs players we spunked is gone and getting back to that level may take us another 10 years and a shit load of money and luck.

I'll just enjoy not seeing "that cunt" in the dugout, until there's a little more to enjoy on the field.