By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

What's everyone been doing this Summer?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I've just got back from a week in Portugal.....really tired and hungry when we eventually got there, so went to small bar...ordered off the Portugese tapas menu, first dish that came was 'moelas'....described as 'bits of chicken'. the bits of chicken were delicious in a tomato type sauce......thing is we didn't find out until later they were Chicken Gizzards....!! spent the rest of the holiday doing the same, eating delicious food but we had no idea what it was, no Brits anywhere in Northern portugal. cheal friendly and fantastic....go. The beer is Super Bock and after 413 bottles I decided I liked it.

@Dorset I'm at Kimmeridge next week, fossils and some sea fishing out of Swanage. Do I need a Visa?

@skiathospurs meet someone yesterday that came to your isle....they said it was fantastic with some massive private yachts in the harbour and 1 kayak.....they'd never been before but were definitely going back. Start Yid tours 2016 limited??

Hope everyone else has been having a bit of time off and blowing the froth off a few.....I'm talking beers...

Have signed that French bloke yet and got shot of the other one?

Have a good summer, bring on Everton, we owe that Koeman one.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Iv been to Spain on a stag do for 4 days and spent the entire tme dressed as a woman.

Went to Pamplona and did the running of the bulls...... what an adrenaline rush that is... 400 kilo of rare steak hurtling towards you full tilt with half a dozen of his pals.... what a fcuking rush...

Went out for a couple of nights in Madrid also... what a fantastic city that is doesn't wake up until around 3 in the morning and then the world's wacky and weirdest come out en mass.

Looking to organise a trip to la tomatina in a couple of years so defo going back.

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Not as exciting as summers past being all self (under) employed and all, but did manage a six-day bicycle tour, a quick trip to the old stomping grounds for my nephews wedding, went to an MLS match and saw Drogba play a few minutes, never made it to any Copa matches, and now the kiddos go back to schooling couple weeks and summer will be over. Figure I'll be shoveling ludricous amounts of snow in a couple months...

Wish the PL season would get here...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Iv been to Spain on a stag do for 4 days and spent the entire tme dressed as a woman.

Went to Pamplona and did the running of the bulls...... what an adrenaline rush that is... 400 kilo of rare steak hurtling towards you full tilt with half a dozen of his pals.... what a fcuking rush...

Went out for a couple of nights in Madrid also... what a fantastic city that is doesn't wake up until around 3 in the morning and then the world's wacky and weirdest come out en mass.

Looking to organise a trip to la tomatina in a couple of years so defo going back.
Bloody hell mate you're winning!! Didn't I read that someone got gored and died at the bull run this year?? Glad it wasn't you, perhaps the Bulls fancied you dressed in your female outfit! Good bit of Marathon training....what the fuck do you want to covered in tomato's for??? Valencia is a great city though, the festival of the fires is amazing. Glad you're doing well mate.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bloody hell mate you're winning!! Didn't I read that someone got gored and died at the bull run this year?? Glad it wasn't you, perhaps the Bulls fancied you dressed in your female outfit! Good bit of Marathon training....what the fuck do you want to covered in tomato's for??? Valencia is a great city though, the festival of the fires is amazing. Glad you're doing well mate.
Yeah it was the bloodiest bull run for 30 years..... the day before we ran...!!!

1 guy snapped in half dead by a bull jumping a barrier at full tilt and 14 more injured with 6 critical, 1 more succumbing after a few hours fighting it.

2 nights later was when that bull fighter got nailed by a bull and the bulls horns pierced his internal organs killing him in a matter minutes..... we ummed and arrrred about going to watch a fight but in all honesty I don't like it and it would have just been to say I have seen it and because we were right there

Needless to say after being awake for 20 hours and being mortal drunk from 8pm the previous night and laying on a verge spooning a man dressed in a wedding dress attempting to get some sleep I was not in tiptop form.

It's probably only 800 meters but there are a shit tone of people running and you don't have a clue what the fcuk is going on until you see horns and at that point it's too late.

We probably only got 50 or 60 meters before we melted and slunk to the sides and relative safety before the bulls were right up our cuffs. That's because we held out until we could smell the fcukers while most people bolt as soon as they see others running. 2 lads we were with disappeared as soon as some locals started running past us. Me and the groom held strong..... probably a bit too long and ran with them.

We then followed the bulls on for a about another 100 meters and entered a section called dead man's alley..... no barriers to climb, no doorways, no railings just walls for about another 100/150 meters.....!!!!! Way too far to out run a pissed off bull.

Somthing was up tho as people were running the wrong way towards us..... we thought the same as yesterday (craziest shit in 30 years) was happening and the bulls had turned round.... we noticed as I was taking a selfie of me and my pal...!!!

So we stood to the side and in disbelief another bull came runnng past us the correct way... one had got stuck/separated from the pack a bit further back and was now bolting towards the idiots taking a quick picture for prosperity.

We got out the way best we could and followed it down towards the stadium.

Serious rush though and even if yo don't like the idea of the bull run.......... What a party that entire festival is.

Seriousy if you want to see some culture Madrid is a beaut and if you want to get a rush and have a great story to tell get to Pamplona for the Running of the bulls festival.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yeah it was the bloodiest bull run for 30 years..... the day before we ran...!!!

1 guy snapped in half dead by a bull jumping a barrier at full tilt and 14 more injured with 6 critical, 1 more succumbing after a few hours fighting it.

2 nights later was when that bull fighter got nailed by a bull and the bulls horns pierced his internal organs killing him in a matter minutes..... we ummed and arrrred about going to watch a fight but in all honesty I don't like it and it would have just been to say I have seen it and because we were right there

Needless to say after being awake for 20 hours and being mortal drunk from 8pm the previous night and laying on a verge spooning a man dressed in a wedding dress attempting to get some sleep I was not in tiptop form.

It's probably only 800 meters but there are a shit tone of people running and you don't have a clue what the fcuk is going on until you see horns and at that point it's too late.

We probably only got 50 or 60 meters before we melted and slunk to the sides and relative safety before the bulls were right up our cuffs. That's because we held out until we could smell the fcukers while most people bolt as soon as they see others running. 2 lads we were with disappeared as soon as some locals started running past us. Me and the groom held strong..... probably a bit too long and ran with them.

We then followed the bulls on for a about another 100 meters and entered a section called dead man's alley..... no barriers to climb, no doorways, no railings just walls for about another 100/150 meters.....!!!!! Way too far to out run a pissed off bull.

Somthing was up tho as people were running the wrong way towards us..... we thought the same as yesterday (craziest shit in 30 years) was happening and the bulls had turned round.... we noticed as I was taking a selfie of me and my pal...!!!

So we stood to the side and in disbelief another bull came runnng past us the correct way... one had got stuck/separated from the pack a bit further back and was now bolting towards the idiots taking a quick picture for prosperity.

Serious rush though and even if yo don't like the idea of the bull run.......... What a party that entire festival is.

Seriousy if you want to see some culture Madrid is a beaut and if you want to get a rush and have a great story to tell get to Pamplona for the Running of the bulls festival.
Absolutely bonkers, you're mad mate. I've been to Pamplona, nice city but I had a motorbike as we were heading to the Pyrenees touring, out running angry Bulls, leave that to you. Glad you're in one piece and your mate made the wedding with all tackle intact.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Summer!!work,work work!!!
Cant wait til october!!!!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Fucks sake, I need to up my game. All I've done is work.

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Wow! I'm a nervous wreck just reading about it. Can you do the Running but not actually run from the bulls, like just sit up above and drink a beer while you watch? More my speed that is..

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Wow! I'm a nervous wreck just reading about it. Can you do the Running but not actually run from the bulls, like just sit up above and drink a beer while you watch? More my speed that is..
Yeah you can sit on a balcony,throw some beads at them and they`ll get their udders out...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah you can mate..... but if your there.... you'd have to run or miss out on an oportunity of a lifetime.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member

I've had a bike flat out at 180 mph and that there ....can fuck right off mate

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Is it summer? Fuck, I hadn't noticed. I haven't done nuffink really. IA couple of trips down to Chesil beach and we go for a walk every day if it isn't raining, there's no point going anywhere else in the UK when you live in God's county and I can't get any travel insurance until next year in case my heart explodes. I've actually had some work to do for clients so I've been busy, next week I will be getting my Goalometer website ready for the new season - if my nice clients stop asking for unreasonable features on their websites for fuck-all money.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Working and drinking, nothing to see here. Bit of travel around the country for work, but no running of the bulls/waking up in pools of my own vomit like @Yid's summer.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
It's winter here so I've been playing football, coaching football and training in the mud.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Is it summer? Fuck, I hadn't noticed. I haven't done nuffink really. IA couple of trips down to Chesil beach and we go for a walk every day if it isn't raining, there's no point going anywhere else in the UK when you live in God's county and I can't get any travel insurance until next year in case my heart explodes. I've actually had some work to do for clients so I've been busy, next week I will be getting my Goalometer website ready for the new season - if my nice clients stop asking for unreasonable features on their websites for fuck-all money.
I can confirm that having spent the past 5 days in Dorset, that parts of it are indeed God's country. Stunning weather and scenery, no phone signal though!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I can confirm that having spent the past 5 days in Dorset, that parts of it are indeed God's country. Stunning weather and scenery, no phone signal though!
No what? We don't have all that witchcraft stuff down 'ere.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I've spent most of the summer working my ass off but now I'm getting some chill time in Greece. Weather's not too bad other here is it @skiathospurs. Was gonna do a tour of the islands but as she's keith cheggers at the moment just gonna get the boat from Crete to Santorini for a few nights away from the family. I hear they have a good beer brewery there which I'm keen to check out, she keeps telling me about the beauty of the island but all I know is they make Greeces only Indian pale ale there. Plus I gotta find a way of watching the stoke game whilst I'm there.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
20160904_235440.jpg
20160904_144927.jpg
20160904_144927.jpg
20160904_235440.jpg

Attachments

• 20160905_130834.jpg
    20160905_130834.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 259
Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Not sure why some pictures duplicated but I have also seen a greek bloke shitting in a bush whilst in a mountain village. The girls said is shouldn't have shouted poli kalo skata at him though....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I don't even know what thats in reference too!!! Probably something I did steaming out my box, again...
its a pink floyd song "nobody home" nothing to see here lol.
But bet you get that all the time about something you did lol.I had a legendary night in trafalgar sq new years eve,in the fountains,I had to be restrained from kissing a black WPC apparently,if it wasnt from the state of my don jonsons when I woke up in the car and the puke all down the car window I d have never believed what they told me.Went to victoria station for a clean up and then drove to highbury for the 11.30 NLD kick off,those were the days!!