By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

White Hart Lane - My favourite memory

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Saturday 22nd November 2009 started off as usual. Early morning walk down the beach for a bacon sarnie and cup of tea, then back home to get the colours on and jump in the car to White Hart Lane.

Now, I usually get the train to the stadium. 90 minutes to Victoria and the another 40 minutes on the tube, but last time I was there I noticed a 'car park' on the kings road. So I thought I would make the trip my car this time.

If I have one flaw in life, it's my understanding of time and by ability to be early for everything. So I arrived in the 'car park' 4 hours before kick off. Now you may of noticed I am calling it a 'car park' when in fact it was a garage compound and a odd looking bloke asking for £20. My car will be safe right? I thought.

It was absolutely tipping it down by the time up I arrived, I reached the nearest pub I was soaked through and feeling awful. It's only 'Wigan' I thought...I could be home in bed if I left as my one allowed pint was going flat in front of my eyes.

But I deceived to stick it out and watch the match.

To see Spurs score is a wonderful thing, to see us score 9 has a chance to become a once in a lifetime moment. Defoe, Crouch, Krancjar and Bentley smashing them in as the whole crowd was bouncing, appreciating the rarity of this achievement.

After the game, I sang all the way to the car....and then sat there for 2 hours. You see, the cars were so crammed in, I had to wait for 5 cars to move to allow me to squeeze out and onto the road.

The return journey was terrible, but the memories of the day and looking forward to reliving the match on MOTD.

You see, favourite memories are often derby wins, or cup finals. But too me, this was White Hart Lane, and the boys from Spurs at their very best.

A place filled with belief, warmth, hope and happiness, a place where no matter how bad you feel or how bad the journey there. It created such wonderful moments, and to me, this was one of the very best.

What are yours?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
UEFA Cup Final 1984.
Can never be beaten now,to win the trophy at home in that manner,even beating arse 9-0 in april wont beat that incredible night.

edit;unless we beat someone at home to win the PL,now beating arse 1 nil and securing the title would probably do it for me in hindsight.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Shared with Ire....

Walking up those steps..... seeing the pitch and the stands swarming with yids for the first time... humbling, spiritual, breathtaking. a moment I could never have again.

One I look forward to sharing with my lad as he gets the same goosebumps I got as the crowd swell, and roar as we surge forward...

It'll have to be this year... I'll have to get my arse in gear too...

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Can never be beaten now,to win the trophy at home in that manner,even beating arse 9-0 in april wont beat that incredible night.

edit;unless we beat someone at home to win the PL,now beating arse 1 nil and securing the title would probably do it for me in hindsight.
Beating arsenal to secure the title might mean lifting the trophy at home to united. That would be awesome

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Shared with Ire....

Walking up those steps..... seeing the pitch and the stands swarming with yids for the first time... humbling, spiritual, breathtaking. a moment I could never have again.

One I look forward to sharing with my lad as he gets the same goosebumps I got as the crowd swell, and roar as we surge forward...

Mate sort yourself out!!!The offer is there for help,if you choose a Cat A game I can probably guarantee success,dont choose the arse or man u game cos all options are off for those matches!!Just pick a fixture and let us know so we can get it done!!FA cup if we get a home game is also a def for tickets in january.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
UEFA Cup Final 1984.
Home or away, I did both, coach at 4.30 in the morning, no alcohol allowed, but coke and bitter lemon was.........but filled with a litre of vodka, we werepissed by the boat, where brandy and cokes were drunk then we slept tilll our designated town, which we hit hard, before going onto the ground, and a sleep !! Remember odd bits of the game, Maxie scoring an equaliser .
And we arrived back in London at Waterloo for 8-9am still pissed. Mixing with the commuters , so not really a memory at WHL, but

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Home or away, I did both, coach at 4.30 in the morning, no alcohol allowed, but coke and bitter lemon was.........but filled with a litre of vodka, we werepissed by the boat, where brandy and cokes were drunk then we slept tilll our designated town, which we hit hard, before going onto the ground, and a sleep !! Remember odd bits of the game, Maxie scoring an equaliser .
And we arrived back in London at Waterloo for 8-9am still pissed. Mixing with the commuters , so not really a memory at WHL, but
Doesn't seem like you remember much of this mate! Usually the best ones.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member

Firstly, that's not really a memory of the lane

Secondly, that's not really much of a memory at all.

Thirdly, that's exactly how an away day should be done.

Well done mate.

I was 13 and had zero chance of going to the away leg. As it was I had to go alone to the home one.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Shared with Ire....

How about chelsea home midweek on a weds evening?4th jan?? any good for you & your lad,21st-25th nov is when we would have to apply.Top game for a 1st one.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate sort yourself out!!!The offer is there for help,if you choose a Cat A game I can probably guarantee success,dont choose the arse or man u game cos all options are off for those matches!!Just pick a fixture and let us know so we can get it done!!FA cup if we get a home game is also a def for tickets in january.
Nice one bruv.

I will be making the pilgrimage after chrimbo.

I have a look at the fixture list and pm ya.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We got boo all the way from Japan to the NLD so I'm sure we can get you from bumpkin country to london. :p
You`ll just love being stuck behind a tractor on the A406.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Nice one bruv.

I will be making the pilgrimage after chrimbo.

I have a look at the fixture list and pm ya.
How about 2 for West Ham in a couple of weeks time ! Early,crimbo pressie

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
How about 2 for West Ham in a couple of weeks time ! Early,crimbo pressie
I'd love to mate but I'll get crucified by the missus if I blow 200 note this side of chrimbo...

Thanks for the offer though bruv, properly appreciate it.