By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Wikkum Wandriers 25th Jan Proper Cup

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Sid and Garth against the Chairboys? What the fuck is that all bout? I was going to ask Mr Google but I thought I'd have go myself - Wycombe Wanderers are called the Chairboys because they used to sing in a dyslexic choir.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
They are very low on quality but big, strong, and physical. Set pieces are a real concern IMO. Maybe we'll do a Chelsea: win with a poor performance and sack the manager. After all, we're only four points ahead of them in the league table.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
could see us crashing out today. i expect to be through though

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
1611601453763.png

Pretty strong side.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Looks like we are going to try and do this the hard way...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We're awful so far...not one attempt on target.
I’ve always defended Harry Winks and it’s unfair to single out one player in a terrible team effort so far. But he in particular had been shocking

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I’ve always defended Harry Winks and it’s unfair to single out one player in a terrible team effort so far. But he in particular had been shocking
Think Winksy has a level, and that's it. But Bale is shocking. Toby has been out muscled by Ikpeazu on several occasions. Jose needs to make changes at the break and crank it up a notch.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Think Winksy has a level, and that's it. But Bale is shocking. Toby has been out muscled by Ikpeazu on several occasions. Jose needs to make changes at the break and crank it up a notch.
No. Bale has been good even before the goal. No changes needed, they are a good side, we just needed some time to take control.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Hojbjerg on...good move. Bit more strength in midfield badly needed.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Vinicius undewhelms me...

I'd rather have their big lad up top causing havoc... what the fuck do they feed them at Wycombe...!!! He bullied the shit out of Toby for the first half

Winks has given the ball away a lot.

Lamellar has been lively and I think Moura worked hard but neither made a real impact on the game.

Sissoko.... has run about a bit.

Now the big kids are on... let's see what they can do.

Last edited:
Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I honestly think we drop points/struggle with games as we miss those big chances

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Ndombele has been the difference...the ability that bloke has is frightening.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I dont think you can really compare them because Winks is an average holding midfielder and Dele was a seriously talented attacking one.
But Dele hasn't (Apart from the first 6 games under Jose) played consistently well for us in almost 2 years.
Personally if we got rid of Dele AND Winks I wouldn't bat an eyelid as long as the players that we'd replace them with had talent, fight, and effort.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I only saw the last 6 mins. Team was awesome. Very clinical ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bale gave me a semi.

False hope?
No problem there he was very sexy indeed. Even a full hardon, stiffy, man-monster would not have been inappropriate. He worked hard, had many chances - on another day he could have scored 4 or 5 and he provided something we have been missing, a bit of vision and inventive play. I don't think we'll see much of him in the PL but that is because Jose is a cunt - that is a scientifically proven fact.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I really enjoyed that. A proper FA Cup tie with my local team. I first saw Wycombe Wanderers when I was about 8 in an FA Cup tie against Middlesborough who were in the old First division, Wycombe were in the Isthmian league (about division 8 - bit like Marine FC). They used to play on a dramatically sloping pitch, side to side not end to end, which was a great advantage. We played them in 2017 as well and of course they got the semi-final about 10 years ago and were only narrowly beaten by Liverpool at Villa Park. The FA Cup - never tinpot, always worth wining.

Great stuff. Lets beat Everton.......I mean the year ends in a 1 eh??