By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Woolwich (A) PL Sunday 14th March

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
again, we are playing the game in the last 5 minutes like we should have been playing in first 85. Desperately unlucky from Kane

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
90% shite. 10% acceptable. Top four? No.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Shit performance, considering the importance of the game.

I don’t think it is a penalty, he missed the shot and then the contact came.

kane and bale were anonymous, no one really covered themselves on glory. The only saving grace is the only top left for us to play is Man Utd, so our run in is good

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
90% shite. 10% acceptable. Top four? No.

Yup, top 4 looks highly unlikely. I hoped we’d be buzzing today, 5 wins on the bounce, admittedly not the strongest opposition but still thought we’d be playing with a decent tempo and with more attacking intent. Arsenal are decent but they’re not a team to be afraid of. Yet again though we sit back don’t play to our strengths, piss around with the ball amongst our back 6, no midfield whatsoever. I just don’t understand it. I love Hojbjerg and he’s been up there with one of our players of the season but his positioning today was appalling. Same can be said of Ndombele. I’m so fucking angry with that garbage, we were so submissive against an opponent that in no way deserved that kind of respect, utterly pathetic!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'm tired of saying it, but this is a team crammed full of attacking ability sent out to play in a low block. It's well and good to have a go at any of the individual players, but this is beyond foolish and basically asking for a disjointed, shit performance.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
The brutal horrible truth is that this bunch of players are gutless, brilliant stroking it around against farm boys but the first time a bit of pressure is applied they inevitably fall to pieces, sick of feeling like this although I should have known not to get my hopes up. Lamela the only guy with balls enough to play to win.

• Love
Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Admits we were terrible for the 1st 45 mins, but gives himself credit for us being better in the 2nd half even though it would have been hard to have played any fucking worse...!!!

Then asks why the referees don't have post match interviews and lays the blame on the referee for the penalty and the sending off.

He shirks responsibility every time and does nothing to address the glaring errors he must be able to see every single day in training...

We were shit you knobhead, and you sent us out there to defend from the fist kick and your outdated, shit, anti football tactics fail yet again in the modern game.

Fuck off to China you cunt.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The brutal horrible truth is that this bunch of players are gutless, brilliant stroking it around against farm boys but the first time a bit of pressure is applied they inevitably fall to pieces, sick of feeling like this although I should have known not to get my hopes up. Lamela the only guy with balls enough to play to win.
100% bruv, Lamella's mangina whips the rest of them cunts.

He is the one player, maybe Moura too who will work his fucking socks off every time he gets the chance.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I get what you're saying, but the core of this squad battled its way to the CL final less than two years ago. We definitely have more than a few we need to replace, but our consistently cowardly approach to every game against a decent side isn't all on the players.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I get what you're saying, but the core of this squad battled its way to the CL final less than two years ago. We definitely have more than a few we need to replace, but our consistently cowardly approach to every game against a decent side isn't all on the players.
I get what you are saying and I might have previously agreed, I would never have written what I have before but I can't go on kidding myself that these guys will do anything but wilt when the the crunch comes. I don't think it helps having a manager who shits the bed every time we have something to lose but it's not only that is it. This has been a problem for too long now.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
The team was clearly set up to soak up pressure and hit on the break. The problem is we're not good at the back and our midfield looks meh these days. We have Hojbjerg, but he's clearly running out of steam and Ndombele is not there yet. He was poor today. We needed a real cunt today. Dele used to have that about him but not anymore. The only cunt we have is Lamela. I love that about him. He'll get stuck in, he'll leave something on a bloke if necessary, but he's very aggressive and direct. He got a red, so what ? It was stupid, but I'd rather see that, which comes from putting himself about then the likes of Bale, who did precisely fuck all. He didn't look dangerous going forward, and was non existent tracking back. Yep, Doherty had a nightmare, but jesus, Jose should have made a tactical change after 10 mins. It was clear Arsenal targeted that side to exploit, and with Bale there, they were right. I'm going off on one, but bottom line here is Jose is at fault. Why didn't we go at them ? Why didn't we press high and put them under pressure ? Jose!! I've said it before, and I'll repeat myself. Jose Mourinho is killing the spirit of how Spurs teams have played the game down through the years. Going out to win...from the first whistle! What's the point in having so much attacking talent, the envy of so many clubs, and then tell them to go out and cover your full back. That's it....Its utter shite.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Only one person to blame for that performance, and he apparently can do no wrong in Levey's eyes. Set up and plan were all wrong. Didn't adapt. Arteta got the better of him with inferior players but still never his fault. Was an embarrassing display all around. Players aren't faultless but what are they being asked to do? Apparently stand back and do nothing. Enough.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
the result today lies 100% on Jose, yet he is blaming the players again.

"We played really bad in the first half. The 1-1 was not a fair reflection of the first half. We were poor. Defending bad. No intensity or pressing. Some important players hiding. Really bad. In the second half we only had space to improve which we did
Followed by blaming the ref, which...

Jose told Sky Sports: "No post-match interviews for referees? That is a pity. It is a question -- but an impossible one as they don't speak -- for the referee Michael Oliver to answer.

"Probably Paul Tierney too as he was the VAR. According to [fourth official] Kevin Friend, the referee told him he had a clear vision and the VAR does not want to go against."

"In the second half with 1-1, we felt we were controlling the game and we felt we could give a different step to try to win it," said Mourinho. "Then the crucial action of the game arrives. I don't want to call it a penalty because it is an offence to penalties.

"It was a mistake by Michael Oliver. Players get tired of so many matches. Coaches get tired. Maybe referees, they get tired. He had a game midweek? Maybe Champions League or Europa League? Maybe he is tired. Normally I am very unlucky with him because my record with him on penalties is astonishing. With Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham, it doesn't matter the club. I am very, very unlucky with such a good referee."

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I'm tired of saying it, but this is a team crammed full of attacking ability sent out to play in a low block. It's well and good to have a go at any of the individual players, but this is beyond foolish and basically asking for a disjointed, shit performance.

Mourinho couldn't run the chook raffle at my local let alone 700m worth of talent at Spurs. That is the worst Arsenal side that I can remember yet they made us look like a pub team. Mourinho sets us up for failure time and time again. Anybody who wants to defend his managerial shitcuntery can fuck right off.

He can go and fuck himself.

Filthy goal by Coco BTW. I am not even complaining that he got red carded. He plays on the edge and that's how I like him. He (until the red) and Moura our only good ones today. Hojbjerg is completely cooked and needs a rest and Matt Doherty is simply not very good. He got shredded by Tierney.

N'dombele was awful.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think @Dave has pretty much nailed it and Jermaine Jenas in the article below called the previous 5 wins 'all a lie'. I have to agree with both....we went into the game full of positivity and Mourinho picked an attacking team, brilliant I thought, this could be another good game. Wrong, he asked all of our attacking threat to defend from the off, absolute fucking disaster, tactically mental - how stupid is he, we've already seen on countless occasions that given time Crystal Palace, Fulham, Wolves, WestHam, Newcastle will all score against you - that list are hardly the galacticos of European football so imagine what a decent set of Gooners were going to do. If you want to play like that - pick Bergwijn and Sissoko not Bale and Lucas, you fucking prick. Hardly surprising that Mr Bale was more than a bit miffed when he was subbed (for Sissoko). Then with about 10 minutes to go and Arsenal sitting back we looked a threat and Kane was unlucky twice. Why not, after 5 wins on the bounce play properly - to our strengths, our front 4 or 5, from the off. Anyone can see that we don't have the defence to sit back for 90mins even at 1-0 up from a truly remarkable Lamela goal. I wouldn't have minded losing if we had given it a real go. Bloody disgrace playing like that in a NLD after 5 wins. It disembowels the team and the confidence.

All we achieved on Sunday, and I won't go into the stats, was regressing back to where we were a couple of months ago. Get this cunt out of our club.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I'm convinced Mourinho has lost touch with reality. He was already a dickhead, but now he's a completely deluded dickhead.

Did Sonny really get injured, or did he just sit down because "I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT FOOTBALL ANY MORE....."?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I think @Dave has pretty much nailed it and Jermaine Jenas in the article below called the previous 5 wins 'all a lie'. I have to agree with both....we went into the game full of positivity and Mourinho picked an attacking team, brilliant I thought, this could be another good game. Wrong, he asked all of our attacking threat to defend from the off, absolute fucking disaster, tactically mental - how stupid is he, we've already seen on countless occasions that given time Crystal Palace, Fulham, Wolves, WestHam, Newcastle will all score against you - that list are hardly the galacticos of European football so imagine what a decent set of Gooners were going to do. If you want to play like that - pick Bergwijn and Sissoko not Bale and Lucas, you fucking prick. Hardly surprising that Mr Bale was more than a bit miffed when he was subbed (for Sissoko). Then with about 10 minutes to go and Arsenal sitting back we looked a threat and Kane was unlucky twice. Why not, after 5 wins on the bounce play properly - to our strengths, our front 4 or 5, from the off. Anyone can see that we don't have the defence to sit back for 90mins even at 1-0 up from a truly remarkable Lamela goal. I wouldn't have minded losing if we had given it a real go. Bloody disgrace playing like that in a NLD after 5 wins. It disembowels the team and the confidence.

All we achieved on Sunday, and I won't go into the stats, was regressing back to where we were a couple of months ago. Get this cunt out of our club.

And then has a go at the players for "hiding," when his whole approach was basically to avoid taking the game by the scruff of the neck. This guy is a busted flush, and even when he was competent I fucking hated him.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Mourinho out at the end of the season. Get Rodgers in, he raids Leicester for Madison, Forfana, Ricardo and Tielemans...job done!

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Mourinho out at the end of the season. Get Rodgers in, he raids Leicester for Madison, Forfana, Ricardo and Tielemans...job done!
I quite like your plan, but why the hell would Rodgers come to us? In his current gig he has a popular owner, a great scouting system, a bunch of promising youngsters and a team that plays attractive flowing football and are way in front of us in the league. I'm sure he makes decent money too. Would you swap that for Levy, Doherty and the longest empty bar in Europe?

If Levy does give up on Mourinho, he's going to be particularly cross with having a second managerial payoff. We won;t be able to afford Scott Parker. The best we can expect is an Eddie Howe. Good grief. How low have we sunk?