By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Woolwich (PL) Sun 16th January

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
They've apparently requested a postponement but aren't confident it'll happen.

It seems like they're trying to take advantage of the Covid situation because they've got a number of players away at the African Cup of Nations and a lot of injuries as well.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
It’s a joke of a request, and not just because it’s Arsenal. They have also loaned out players and their u23 played last night.

1 case of covid should not be considered by the FA…although we have Son, Romero, Dier out..so maybe not a bad thing

but they are still cunts requesting it and I hope it’s rejected

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

They're just cunts anyway 🤣

I read about Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher both agreeing that clubs shouldn't be allowed to take advantage of this situation because they haven't got their "best" squad available and I completely agree, and I'd probably even agree if it was us as well.

Although if the game goes ahead and they win, we'll still be hearing about it in twenty fucking years.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

One Covid case, Loaned out two players last week and a red card dropped them below the threshold for fielding a team and they took full fucking advantage.

We should be awarded a 3-0 forefeit.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Unreal. No way that should have been given. Wouldn't any other season. Miraculously they had a team on Thursday and I'll bet they have one next Thursday.

Making a mockery of the prem now. Oh we don't have our absolute best available squad let's call it off. Shambles.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
More corruption from the Plague Island. Cheating cunts.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
They have one COVID case, apparently? The rest is injuries (8),players away at AFCON (4),and the idiot Xhaka (-1) suspended from the League Cup. So basically, the game's postponed because it's inconvenient. Watch the rules change after this.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
They have one COVID case, apparently? The rest is injuries (8),players away at AFCON (4),and the idiot Xhaka (-1) suspended from the League Cup. So basically, the game's postponed because it's inconvenient. Watch the rules change after this.
Oh, And...

They loaned out two decent players just last week in Maitland-Niles and Balogun, knowing full well that they might face a numbers crisis in this fixture.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Cunts. No point in resting any players for any upcoming fixtures, they might not happen and you have to drag them back to the training pitch. Just fucking ride them all until they drop, then go cry to teacher.

Shouldn't even have the fucking rule of 13. We all brag about our academies and then won't use them.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
This is just absurd. ONE covid case is not an outbreak. It means you've survived unscathed. How they gave this postponement is baffling. We had eight first teasers with covid and they pushed to make us play. They pretty much can't deny a postponement request the rest of the year. I don't think they realize what they've done.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

This is the official club statement

We regret to announce that Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal has been postponed.

This follows an application from Arsenal to the Premier League on the basis of a combination of COVID, existing and recent injuries and players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

We are extremely surprised that this application has been approved.

We ourselves were disqualified from the European Conference League after a significant number of COVID cases meant we needed to reschedule a fixture and our application to move our Leicester fixture was not approved - only for it to be subsequently postponed when Leicester applied.

The original intention of the guidance - here - was to deal with player availability directly affected by COVID cases, resulting in depleted squads that, when taken together with injuries, would result in the club being unable to field a team.

We do not believe it was the intent to deal with player availability unrelated to COVID.

We may now be seeing the unintended consequences of this rule.

It is important to have clarity and consistency on the application of the rule.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The cynical, negative old prick in me (well basically that’s just all of me these days) thinks this bullshit will trigger a change in policy that will probably fuck us over when we’re forced to play with 5 COVID cases and 10 injuries in a month.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I fully expect us to get fucked over with all of this whatever happens. It'll be similar to way back when when we had to play two league games in two days, but we'll likely have to play 5 games in 10 days or something like that just to catch up.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Ridiculous decision. If Arsenal can do that, we should ask for the remainder of the season to be postponed as we have had a breakout of being not very good.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Ridiculous decision. If Arsenal can do that, we should ask for the remainder of the season to be postponed as we have had a breakout of being not very good.
Nice! maybe we can quote an infliction of NDombelitis if we don't get rid of him, or a nasty case of the Dohertys, Bergwijn's Syndrome, a chronic Gollini infection? We always have the persistent Levy's Vaginal Infection that results in the ability to spend money on decent players.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Leeds had far more of an excuse to request a postponement than Woolwich did but they went ahead with six kids on the bench and still beat the Spammers. Fair play to them.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Leeds had far more of an excuse to request a postponement than Woolwich did but they went ahead with six kids on the bench and still beat the Spammers. Fair play to them.
I firmly believe it is down to Leeds having a manager with the balls to play & a trust in his ability to train them well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
It's just cheating, plain and simple, nothing has changed much with that scummy club in over 100 years eh? what a bunch of cowardly cunts.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Guess it could be worse, but still feel like we're getting screwed.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Palace doing us a solid tonight and knocking off one of their games in hand.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We need the same intensity and group mentality that Palace showed tonight. They beat us 3-0 this season as well. Well played

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Goal difference sorted and our destiny back in our own hands.

What a jolly weekend.

Conte is a genius.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Well in case you didn't know, their remaining game in hand is actually away to Chelsea.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Which sounds great to say, but Chelsea are turning out to be a bit shit of late.