By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Woolwich scum A [PL] 12:00 Sun 6th Nov 2016

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

9796f13a-1a3a-40cd-a0a2-013d7d2f6e86.jpg

conor1

conor1

Founding Member

I could watch this forever. Its the way VDV pushes the drug dealer away at the end when he wants to have a wee laugh about that does it for me.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
We will win 3-1 im giving up my scud title for this one

boo

boo

Founding Member
Lloris

Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose

Dier Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane​

Vorm, Wimmer, Winks, Wanyama, N'Koudou, Son, Janssen

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I hope Kane is back in time for this one, could do with getting some game time against Leverkusen in the week too!

boo

boo

Founding Member
Jan Vertonghen has said he believes Arsenal's positive approach could lead to a change in fortune for Tottenham Hotspur in Sunday's North London derby at the Emirates Stadium.

Spurs are without a win in five matches, including draws in the Premier League against West Bromwich Albion, Bournemouth and Leicester City, and have scored just once from open play in that time.

Arsenal can open up a six-point gap on their rivals if they win on Sunday, but Vertonghen says the Gunners' attacking style could help the visitors.

"It will be a very intense game, with both teams playing very positive, attacking football and I'm looking forward to that game," he said after Saturday's 1-1 draw with Leicester at White Hart Lane.

"Normally we do well against teams like that. I think the teams we've played, like West Brom and Leicester, they play the same way -- they sit and they wait for a mistake.
Jan Vertonghen feels Tottenham have been unlucky in recent matches.

"Bournemouth were very positive, though. I don't think they've played differently against us.

"I think we've just been unfortunate. We've had some chances and we were unlucky not to take them."

Vertonghen was inches away from his first goal for Spurs since March 2013 when he headed against the bar in the second half against the champions.

"We're probably unlucky in every game we play," the defender said. "I think we were the better team and we deserved to win, but we just can't win at the moment."

He praised Vincent Janssen, who gave Spurs the lead with his third penalty for the club but has yet to score in open play.

"I don't think he is short on confidence," he said. "He's a very confident striker. He knows his qualities and he will score goals.

"He's a very good penalty taker and he's scored all three of them. He's a striker and he wants to score. It's very good that he takes responsibility."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I would give pretty much anything for another 3-2 win from 2-0 down against this lot. It;s probably the game I hate most every year, just because I want to win so badly and it rarely happens.

I was lucky enough to be at the 4-4 and the 3-2 win, but as much as I detest them, this bloody shower of shite from down the road, are a decent side with a good manager (in a footballing sense) and currently in great form. It's going to be a tough match and may well set the tone for the games against the pikey's and chav's to come. If we don't win it, I just hope we play well and don't lose it. We deserved the win last year and ended with a draw, same happened at the Lane. Harry and Toby coming back if they're match fit would be a huge help. I wonder if Poch is keeping them for this game?

I really hate Arsenal, not a little bit, a lot.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mark Clattenburg will be the ref for the NLD this weekend.:(

Mauricio on @HKane: "He won't be ready for tomorrow night. Sunday, maybe. We need to assess."
Alderweireld "had a special [training] session today." A doubt for Sunday, recovery [knee injury] has been slower than expected

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Arsenal's Hector Bellerin is a huge injury doubt for the North London Derby against Spurs after suffering an injury in training.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
They put out a B team tonight.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Will the real tottenham hotspur please stand up !!!
Thank goodness its a derby and everytime we have stumbled under Pochettino we have come back stronger.Definatly a redemption earner if we can get something.
No way we will show a lack of passion in this match.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Will the real tottenham hotspur please stand up !!!
Thank goodness its a derby and everytime we have stumbled under Pochettino we have come back stronger.Definatly a redemption earner if we can get something.
No way we will show a lack of passion in this match.
Need to show the passion and pride in this game, pick up the pace in our passing and actually have an attempt or two at goal!!!

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
Need to show the passion and pride in this game, pick up the pace in our passing and actually have an attempt or two at goal!!!
Do you know, Liam? I don't think the lads lack passion and pride or am I wearing those rose Spurs coloured glasses. I'm sure, as dreadful as last night's display was, I honestly feel that all the lads were working their butts off. We have just hit this wall of not being able to hit the net and mentally that must be playing on their minds and they maybe doubting themselves. Some long sessions with the sports phycologists are needed before Sunday prayers.
The pace definitely needs picking up and Hugo almost came a cropper a few times last night with p!ssing around with the ball in the box. I know I'm a Greavsie Yid but you score from having the ball in the opposition's half.
I hated the booing after last nights final whistle. They ain't helping the lads ffs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Do you know, Liam? I don't think the lads lack passion and pride or am I wearing those rose Spurs coloured glasses. I'm sure, as dreadful as last night's display was, I honestly feel that all the lads were working their butts off. We have just hit this wall of not being able to hit the net and mentally that must be playing on their minds and they maybe doubting themselves. Some long sessions with the sports phycologists are needed before Sunday prayers.
The pace definitely needs picking up and Hugo almost came a cropper a few times last night with p!ssing around with the ball in the box. I know I'm a Greavsie Yid but you score from having the ball in the opposition's half.
I hated the booing after last nights final whistle. They ain't helping the lads ffs.
I couldnt say Eriksen isnt putting the effort in,but something is missing so far this year from him,same with Alli & Sissoko all 3 have been ducking out of headed challenges and sometimes trying a little flick instead of a decent block challenge,maybe its more aggression (in the right way) I am not quite seeing from some of the midfield.
As for booing,it would have to be dreadful beyond my experience and to do with the club ownership for me to boo.Guess some fans have got a bit billy big bollox and thought we were all conquering,will they never learn!!
We are as a team doing a soldado,over thinking and snatching instead of doing what we have been doing the last 2 years.It`ll come good I am sure he is too good a manager and the players well able to sort this out.Hopefully Sunday before 2pm !!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'm sure the players have pride but I can't see much passion in the way they are currently playing. They need to show this passion on Sunday is all I'm saying. I can handle getting beat even though I don't like it but it's the manner in our play which worries me. If we'd have played well yesterday and lost I'd have been gutted but could take something positive from it but we weren't good in my way yesterday. I couldn't see much passionor aggression in our build up play at all and I find that a little worrying. I believe it will come good in the and isn't the crisis some are saying it is but it's certainly very concerning when we have a big big month coming up now.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I hope form goes out the window for this one. Not overly confident after last nights performance

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Arsenal are hopeful Hector Bellerin will be fit to play, while Theo Walcott also faces a late fitness test.

Nacho Monreal, Kieran Gibbs and Santi Cazorla are also doubts but Granit Xhaka returns after completing a three-match domestic ban.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Unfortunately we're playing them at the wrong time with the amount of injuries that we have and the form they are in. It makes you realise with hindsight how lucky we have been over the previous two seasons on the injuries front.

I hate this game as I so desperately want to beat this lot, but would be happy with a draw on this occasion, as I secretly fear worse could happen if we don't show up. We might need to be pragmatic for this, since it looks as though all of Harry, Toby, Mousa and Erik could be out for one reason or another, unless that's a smokescreen.

It's very important we give this a real go however, and for me I think our strongest team right now, considering injuries and suspensions might be:

Lloris,
Walker, Wimmer, Vertoghen, Rose
Dier, Wanyama
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Janssen

We'll need to be very strong in midfield, since that is where the game might well be won or lost and anyone who understandably wants to put Dier in the back four, will likely have to be happy with Winks and Wanyama in midfield.

We need a goal threat which Janssen will provide and the rest will be down to attitude, fight and luck. Who knows... it's football, anything could happen and at the end of the day it's 3 points, although in reality we all know it's so much more than that.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

1. http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...ial_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

This guy&paper does the best spurs write ups IMO,Poch told this journo that Lamela is def out for sunday,that wasnt in the presser.

Harry Kane is fit to play for Tottenham in Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal at the Emirates – and manager Mauricio Pochettino insists he is not taking a risk and rushing the striker back into action.
    Kane, who won the Premier League Golden Boot last season, has missed the last 10 games after suffering ankle ligament damage soon after his winning goal against Sunderland at White Hart Lane on September 18.

Although Spurs initially won their next four games – including an impressive 2-0 home win over Manchester City – they have since slumped.

The Lilywhites have failed to win any their last six matches – drawing four times and losing twice - and their only two goals in that spell have come from the penalty spot.

Kane’s return against Arsenal is therefore a timely boost for Tottenham, especially as he has scored four times in his last three derbies in the league.

“Today I can confirm he will be available to be selected for Sunday, and then I need to decide whether he is included in the starting XI or starts on the bench,” said Pochettino. “We are very happy after yesterday, he had a very good training session. He’s fit.

“In the last few seasons he was very important for us. He was the top scorer in the Premier League last season and it’s always important that he’s fit, and that would be important for any club. Of course it’s very good news for us and it’s good he will be back.

“It’s not a risk. You need to understand that, after two and a half years here, we try to avoid a risk. If he’s on the pitch or on the bench it’s because we’re sure it’s not a risk for him to play - and then you cannot avoid all the risk because it’s a contact sport and you cannot avoid 100 per cent the risk. But if the doctor says he’s available to be selected it’s because there’s no risk about his old injury.”

While Kane is set to return to action, Spurs will still be without their influential centre-back Toby Alderweireld as well as Erik Lamela, who picked up a hip injury in training on Tuesday, and Ben Davies. Mousa Dembele is a doubt after twisting his ankle during the first half of Wednesday’s defeat to Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League.

“Toby has struggled a little bit to recover but it’s sure he will be available after the international break,” said Pochettino. “He’s not included in the squad now. He’s very close but it was a very slow recovery, it was a very painful thing that happened.

“Erik is out for Sunday. I can say only that Mousa is a doubt and we need to assess him tomorrow and then decide. It’s not a big deal but it’s painful in his ankle.”

Unlike Tottenham, Arsenal go into the derby in red-hot form, having won 10 of their last 11 games and scored seven times in the last week – but that arguably puts the pressure on the Gunners, and Spurs fans will be hoping the occasion inspires their players to recover their best form and unleash their frustrations on Arsene Wenger’s side.

“You never know if it’s a good or bad time to play - I will tell you after the game,” said Pochettino. “In football anything can happen.

“It’s true we are not in a positive situation. In the six games after Man City we have struggled to win games – it’s four draws and two defeats - and we are very conscious of that, that we need to work hard and try more than before because now we are in a difficult moment.

“But in football you always need to be ready to change that dynamic and we have a very good opportunity on Sunday, going to the Emirates and trying to win the game.

“It will be an exciting game for all - for us and for them too. It’s a game we can imagine but maybe it will be different in reality.

“It will be tough for both teams. For them it’s a big challenge to beat us and for us it’s a very good challenge to win at the Emirates. This is my, or our, third season going there and we’ve had two draws. Maybe it’s a good moment to try to win the game.

“It’s true we are maybe not so confident as after Manchester City. Football is about emotion and when you win, win, win, you are at the top of your emotional and mental level.

“But now it’s a good test for us to try to change the dynamic. We’re in a difficult moment but, to be honest, I like to have that kind of moment to learn and improve and it doesn’t scare me.”

Sunday’s derby will provide the latest barometer of where the balance of power lies in north London, but Pochettino is uninterested in such issues.

“After 20 years in charge, I think Arsene Wenger is doing a great job and it’s one of the most consistent clubs in the world,” he said. “It’s very difficult to compare with a club like that. To be fair we cannot compare with Arsenal.

“We want to be one of the great clubs in the world but we are still building the training ground, our new stadium and we are building our squad and that’s very important.

“But it’s true that when you compete you put all those things away and we need to be aggressive and try to play better than them and try to win the game on Sunday because football is on the pitch.”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Also FYI Rose&Vertongen are on 4 yellows,a 5th means a suspension.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
I thinks this a good opportunity for Winks to make his full PL debut, baptism of fire and all that.