By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

World Cup 2018 - Russia

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
That was maybe not the most thrilling game, but about as high-level as you’ll get in a World Cup. France were so good, but could’ve been no complaints if Belgium had gone through either. Matuidi, if he can’t play with head injury in the final, will be a huge miss for them though. Thought him, Pogba, and Kanté put on a masterclass tonight.
And you haven't even mentioned Mbape... big ask... if we beat the Croatians.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Fuck my old boots.

How in fucks name do you beat that French side?

They've got it all.

You can get at them but the problem that Belgium had is that they lost any control of the middle of the park. Pogba made a complete mess of Dembele, who in truth looks like his legs are gone (it may be from lack of games but the signs were not good) which actually meant that Kante had a relatively easy game given that Witsel played quite deep. Plus De Bruyne was just terrible which stifled Belgium going forward. Whilst he was excellent against Brazil he still has this question mark over him when under pressure to perform. Hazard is a jet and played a blinder but ultimately Belgium left too much to too few.

I don't think Croatia has enough weapons at their disposal to hurt them. However, England can beat them if they can negate the central areas and deny service to Griezmann. Mbappe is a obviously a big problem but Kane presents an equally big problem going the other way (assuming England get through).

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
To be honest I think Belgium would have had more luck if they took off lukaku. He was garbage. He only has one string to his bow and France stopped it and he didn't touch the ball.

Hazard was brilliant. He'll be off this year id guess unless Chelsea bring in an epic manager.

Why did Martinez move De Bruyne. Had a stunning game before and then moved back. Stupid really.

Pogba... Well let's just say the French manager knows how to utilise him unlike Mourgurnio. He was fantastic.

MBappe. Good lord. Nearly as good as Sissoko that kid.

Last shout to Varane. He was awesome.

Oh and Lloris. Very very good stops and looked really assured.

I enjoyed it. Very good game I thought. Not the most thrilling of the competition but well fought.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
You made hot Swedish girls cry. Please don't make hot Croatian girls cry too. Hot French girls are a different story though. Screw them!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To be honest I think Belgium would have had more luck if they took off lukaku. He was garbage. He only has one string to his bow and France stopped it and he didn't touch the ball.

Hazard was brilliant. He'll be off this year id guess unless Chelsea bring in an epic manager.

Why did Martinez move De Bruyne. Had a stunning game before and then moved back. Stupid really.

Pogba... Well let's just say the French manager knows how to utilise him unlike Mourgurnio. He was fantastic.

MBappe. Good lord. Nearly as good as Sissoko that kid.

Last shout to Varane. He was awesome.

Oh and Lloris. Very very good stops and looked really assured.

I enjoyed it. Very good game I thought. Not the most thrilling of the competition but well fought.
Too many key players went missing,lukaku,KDB,hazard and the CBs,they had the more flair players but just got out worked by france in a very Man Utd mourinio annoying way.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Havent been this nervous about a semi since watching the crying game.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fixed.....
lol did you watch that crying game film?? my mate legged it as soon as she dropped her skirt and had a broom handle stiffy,never laughed so much at someone in my life.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
On our way-----

Dh2AaRTXUAUuUro.jpg

Last edited:
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Raheem Sterling is like watching Aaron Lennon but with a worse final ball and poorer finishing.

The prick continually runs into dead ends and couldn't find a lateral 5 yard pass to somebody in space if his life depended on it.

Last edited:
Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Lets blame ITV , Our success rate on that channel is about 15% , why couldn’t it have been shown on BBC ......
Or Henderson and Sterling , ok Alli wasn’t great but Harry had zero service all game .
Gutted to be out , but as a Brexiters can we not have a rematch until I get the result I want

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Lets blame ITV , Our success rate on that channel is about 15% , why couldn’t it have been shown on BBC ......
Or Henderson and Sterling , ok Alli wasn’t great but Harry had zero service all game .
Gutted to be out , but as a Brexiters can we not have a rematch until I get the result I want

We can't have a rematch but we can debate about having one and the possible outcomes if we did for ever! Where's @Dorset when you need him.

Now about the game, thought we played well but was really disappointed to see us resort to long ball again after doing so well in previous games, yes I know we were trying to use Sterlings pace but honestly the guy is so crap that even when he did manage to A) Stay upright, B) Control the ball and C)Not get muscled off (Also see A) he did F*ck all with it.

We picked up a bit when Sterling went off and we stopped relying on hoofing the ball and started playing properly but we had given up midfield by then and Modric was just everywhere! You could say we switched off twice and got punished but relistically after scoring early and squandering a few chances we were always holding on. Shame but if had played like that against France they would have destroyed us so maybe it's not too bad!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Can't dispute Croatias right to be in the final. They've played well all tournament tbf. What a player Modric has become.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Sterling ran just 0.9miles more during the game than Pickford , he managed just 5.4 miles , when Erickson plays he regularly does 10-11 , so Sterling just wasn’t doing enough to create space

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Sterling is shit. Been saying this since the start of the tourney. Real shame Gareth hasn’t listened to me and benched him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Can't dispute Croatias right to be in the final. They've played well all tournament tbf. What a player Modric has become.
He can just find space always,and uses simple passes to just make a team flow.He makes it look so easy,it really isnt.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
As shit as Sterling was, and no he can't pass, taking him off changed the whole match. He was actually in some dangerous areas and eventually may have even managed a shot or a pass. Problem was Rashford didn't offer any more and it allowed their defense a bit of breathing room. That and Modric and Rakatic taking the game by the neck. Unfortunately his Man City teammate Stones effed it all up. What a time to fall asleep. Regardless of that cockup, I thought Stones was excellent. Never seen him look so good. Hopefully it doesn't continue.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I have opinions and will air them... just not yet... it's still too raw.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
It’s something when Harry’s our best striker and midfielder, his hold up play and ability to beat players as well as distributing the ball better than any player in our side says a lot about why we went out. Until we get a centre mid that can control a game, then we’ll struggle against the better teams.

Thought we were good in the 1st half but Luka took over after h/t and pretty much ran the show. Still so gutted.

Reactions: Yid
Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Lets blame ITV , Our success rate on that channel is about 15% , why couldn’t it have been shown on BBC ......Todays match is on ITV too.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
So 9 of our players have just featured in the World Cup semi finals and our Captain has won it. Is that enough ‘experience’ for some folk?

Standing ovation for Hugo on his return to the training ground in a week or two I feel. Then some dribbling practise....hats off to Harry for his golden boot, quite a collection being gathered.

Well done all the Spurs lads, set new records again.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
So 9 of our players have just featured in the World Cup semi finals and our Captain has won it. Is that enough ‘experience’ for some folk?

Standing ovation for Hugo on his return to the training ground in a week or two I feel. Then some dribbling practise....hats off to Harry for his golden boot, quite a collection being gathered.

Well done all the Spurs lads, set new records again.
Much has been made about how Poch's influence has made some of our players into world-class performers, and I think it might work the other way as well. Playing (and generally playing well) on this stage will make them better players, especially the young Englishmen, who will feel like they have much more to do for club and country.