• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

    Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world. Please note, if you are easily offended, this forum is not for you.


    Join us!

Yanited (A) 17:30 10th October EPL

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Founding Member
Strong Vincent Jansen/Soldado vibes from Solanke at the moment
Closer to Jansen. Both had one good season at their previous clubs and then signed for us and did fuck all.

Soldado was one of the most lethal strikers in Europe until we got our hands on him. Broke him so badly I think he ended up converting to midfield after he left.
 
Dave

Dave

.....typing shite
Founding Member
Fair play Rodri....real leadership from a senior player....stupid cunt. Who needs Romero!?!?!
 
Havocc

Havocc

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
I think they need double sessions on the training pitch, not a holiday in Marbella!!!
 
Havocc

Havocc

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
It’s like having sex with an ugly bird, you are massively disappointed afterwards but at the end of the day….its still sex
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
I think RDZ should go with the midfield three that started the game moving forward. Not a massive amount of quality (though Bergvall shows flashes) but for the first time looked the better team physically for most of the game, until Bergvall came off and that kid Baleba came on for them.

Having Udogie helped as well. Although everybody keeps saying Gray isnt a FB, he looks perfectly good to me in that position, and I could see him growing into it like Lewis Hall has done at Newcastle. It's a busy position on this team since both Savio and Kudus tend to stay high and wide even out of possession.

When you expend so much energy early in the game and don't score, it just makes it really tough. Good point though, could have seen us collapsing when Bentancur got sent off but we didn't. Absolutely have to beat Coventry at home.
 
ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Founding Member
There’s another two week international break after we’re away to Leeds on the 7th of November. That will also be 10 games played and if we still haven’t gotten a win after 10 games I think that could be it for RDZ.

We were great in the first half so the signs are definitely there but it all went to shit. Again.
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
There’s another two week international break after we’re away to Leeds on the 7th of November. That will also be 10 games played and if we still haven’t gotten a win after 10 games I think that could be it for RDZ.

We were great in the first half so the signs are definitely there but it all went to shit. Again.
FFS. Didn't know that. Between now and then we're playing Coventry H, Chelsea A, and Palace H.
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
I kissed Rodrigo, and I said thanks, because it's clear it's a mistake from Rodrigo, because it's not the right reaction in football, but now Tottenham needs to react. Sometimes the reactions are not nice, not positive for the team, but I think in that moment, in 10 players, maybe we played with more courage, we played with more energy, and we changed the game.

From a long time Tottenham played without this blood, this character, and I want it. Now I am the coach, and I want to see this character every game, because Manchester United in the second half showed character, not just the quality. Just with the quality, we can't win the games.
I kind of agree with RDZ here. Bentancur was foolish to do the one thing you know you'll get sent off for, especially as an experienced player. But there's a fine line between overreacting and fire, which we're desperately in need of. In fact I was a little disappointed that nobody flattened Bruno after he clattered Van Hecke a few minutes later.
 
ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Founding Member
I've just seen a replay of the equaliser from a different angle and Solanke is basically falling over and the ball bounces off him (or the defender) and into the net.

He's still shit.
 
jaxdermot

jaxdermot

Well-Known Member
I've just seen a replay of the equaliser from a different angle and Solanke is basically falling over and the ball bounces off him (or the defender) and into the net.

He's still shit.
isn't that how he scored all his goals.. basically the ball hits him somewhere...
he's So lanky that the ball bounces off him ... every once in a while they bounce In .

... I like that this one hit him in his face . .... lucky ball got to do what most of us want ...
 
Yid

Yid

Moderator
Founding Member
We all knew that not addressing the fact we have no premier league quality striker... We won't score goals...

We need to go shopping in January with big fucking wallets, we need 2 serious strikers.
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
I thought it was a decent goal. You can see in the replay that he kept his eye on the ball--which was a very good one by the way--and just overpowered a weaker defender.
 
USspur

USspur

Well-Known Member
good(?) ending. Stole a point a man down. We should have had one or two goals in the first. Would we have gotten a win from there? Who knows. Unlikely. But, we need to finish big chances.
 

Sit with the proper Spurs fans

Four hundred regulars, eighty thousand posts, every match since 2015. Join free, introduce yourself, and get stuck in.

Create a free account
Top