By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Your 2nd Team

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Mine for the past 6 years has been Plymouth. I didn't know much about them when they were in the Championship with quite a decent team. I only took interest when I moved to Plymouth Uni. My first season watching them I went to something like 18 home games only to watch them win around 4 of them. SO god knows how I took an interest until this day.

Moved away from Plymouth and even seen the 6 times this season. More than spurs this season. Something about them and the pride behind the club just makes me never want to stop following them. Not many clubs in lower leagues will take over 1000+ fans on a 600 mile round journey.

Excited for Tuesday night as there game at Scunthorpe is a hit or miss result for Play-offs. Considering at the beginning of December we were bottom of League 1 now in 7th. Derek Adams has turned them around somehow. No doubt Ex-spurs Lad Ruben Lameiras has helped with this a lot.

Who are your second team ?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Wycombe Wanderers about 5 miles from where I live. First went when I was about 8, we played Peterborough in the FA Cup when Wycombe were in the Isthmian league, on the old sloping pitch left to right, not end to end. A few years later they drew 0-0 at home with (old) first division Middlesborough and more recently got to the FA cup semi final losing 2-1 to Liverpool and as we all know just missed out on beating Spurs last year in a thriller.

They got as high as the Division 1 play-offs after Martin O'Neill brought them into the football league and nearly did a Wimbledon. This season with their relatively new ground - Adams Park, they have finally won automatic promotion having missed out on penalties last year. AKA the chairboys, Gareth Ainsworth is the manager.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Used to go and watch Brentford with brother in law. In the days when they had Statham, Hughton, Parks

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Don't really have a second team I fully support but I like to see Fulham do well as my grandad supports them. They actually are doing well this season. Should have beat Brentford really to be sitting second now.

I also keep an eye on stevenage as I was born there.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Brentford, grew up a stones throw from the ground and even played for them a little bit at under 12s (so not exactly Pro but always good to wind my mate up at work who only made Sutton Utd!). Always, good to see them doing well until we play them in the Cup or something!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Brentford, grew up a stones throw from the ground and even played for them a little bit at under 12s (so not exactly Pro but always good to wind my mate up at work who only made Sutton Utd!). Always, good to see them doing well until we play them in the Cup or something!
The whole world seems to like Brentford and Fulham, I was an Ealing boy for a while.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
The whole world seems to like Brentford and Fulham, I was an Ealing boy for a while.

Oooh never Fulham went to Brentford v Fulham at Craven cottage one year... was about 3,000 brentford fans there....nearly more than Fulham

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Don't really have a second team I fully support but I like to see Fulham do well as my grandad supports them. They actually are doing well this season. Should have beat Brentford really to be sitting second now.
Could have been promoted last season as well had it not been for some theatrics vs Reading. Dodgy fuckers.

I must have seen Fulham more than any other club except for Spurs. Even with them relegated I see them at least twice a year. A mate supports them, so it's just the way.

I do tend to follow a few teams from other countries leagues, I mean, I don't really get excited when one of them win something, but on the whole I prefer to see Barcelona beating the rather obnoxious Real, though to be honest I still wanted Atletico to win the few years back ... and in the same vein I like Dortmund for the same reason, except the obnoxious club is Bayern.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I really hope that Fulham come up this year. Easy away game to get tickets for and properly decent traditional football club. Equally I really hope that John Terry and Aston Villa don't, I know they have a long history etc but they are as dull as these days and Terry is still a wanker.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
I like Fulham. Your right there by saying no one seems to dislike them. I watched on Facebook yesterday about that Europa league run they had.

First team i ever watched was Southend United lol Roots hall was so tiny

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fuck everyone else,its Spurs against the world !!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Wycombe Wanderers about 5 miles from where I live. First went when I was about 8, we played Peterborough in the FA Cup when Wycombe were in the Isthmian league, on the old sloping pitch left to right, not end to end. A few years later they drew 0-0 at home with (old) first division Middlesborough and more recently got to the FA cup semi final losing 2-1 to Liverpool and as we all know just missed out on beating Spurs last year in a thriller.

They got as high as the Division 1 play-offs after Martin O'Neill brought them into the football league and nearly did a Wimbledon. This season with their relatively new ground - Adams Park, they have finally won automatic promotion having missed out on penalties last year. AKA the chairboys, Gareth Ainsworth is the manager.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Yep, I like Fulham as well. Solid club who offend nobody, great fans and a ripper old-school stadium. Plus they sold us the Moose.

Really hope they can clinch promotion.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Sporting Club GJØA, my kids' club.:) I do quite like Fulham and have always pulled for them. Sort of root for NYRB but also kind of couldn't care less.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Sunderland. Hoping they'll get it sorted out now that Short is gone.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't have enough time, nerve endings, patience, or emotional strength for Spurs anymore... let alone another team.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I don't have enough time, nerve endings, patience, or emotional strength for Spurs anymore... let alone another team.
Hear hear. Sometimes its stressful enough just trying to find time to watch our one game a weekend.