By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

2017-18 Premier League fixtures

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
They are announced tomorrow and I am going to beat the rush by getting my complaints in now!

It's a fix! Not fair, why do we have to play our hardest games - [at the start] [in the middle] [at the end] [in the middle of the first half] of the season] FA OUT!

I am going to bet on the Dippers away for the first game of the season and pray for the scum at home on the last day.

Let's have a sweepstake on the first game, it was my idea so I get first pick - you have to choose something different or it would be futile, like that fucking election was. The winner gets bought a beer by everyone else, unless of course I don't win, then I still get a beer from everyone for getting the ball rolling. If it is a tie then someone has been a cunt and not read the rules.

My prediction is:

LIVERPOOL AWAY

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Newcastle at home

https://www.premierleague.com/news/419044

We will will never schedule a club to start or finish the season with two home or two away matches because it would be unfair for a team to finish with two aways, especially if they are looking for points.

THFC rule breakers ;D

1) Are there any dates you wish not to be at home? That is answered in conjunction with the local police. 2) Which club do you want to pair with? 3) Are there any teams you do not wish to play at home on Boxing Day?

Never knew that one though... wonder if you can name 19 teams? ;D

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Bournemouth at Home.

Don't care who we get I just hope we are at home first game of the season and can put the Wembley demons to bed straight off the bat with a good win.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think the TV companies will want it, so it will be an attractive fixture - Everton at Wembley, our 'home' isn't quite ready yet!!

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
We are due a "home" game to start with which is impossible so first game against Brighton at Wembley.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Ending 27 years of pain by crushing the Chavs at their shit hole!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Ending 27 years of pain by crushing the Chavs at their shit hole!
They will have played Arsenal the week prior at Wembley in the Community shield or whatever it's called now....

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Away to Huddersfield you heard it here first!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
ManCity

And I'll take it a step further.
@Chavhater01 with a converted right footed Ryan Sessegnon playing on the right. ;)

Or Hull, for the vast majority of pundits & non-Spurs fans who thought we were shite & were relegated.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
They will have played Arsenal the week prior at Wembley in the Community shield or whatever it's called now....

Hopefully the pretty boys can grow some balls and kick lumps out those Chavs, plus no Hazard or Costa, maybe. God I'm already setting my heart on this fixture!

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Well,surprise surprise, were away again, to me for revenge against Newcastle.......6 against Leicester, 7 against Hull, somhow about 8 against the Geordies

Attachments

• IMG_3349.PNG
    IMG_3349.PNG
    442.6 KB · Views: 281
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well,surprise surprise, were away again, to me for revenge against Newcastle.......6 against Leicester, 7 against Hull, somhow about 8 against the Geordies
fuckin' hate Geordieees....fuckin' hate Geordieeees....fuckin' hate Geordies...
Fuckin' hate Geordieees.....ha ha ha

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
@Thfcire November 18th.

Decent enough, tough end of October when we will also have Champions league and similarly end of January. Same year on year....

Bring it on

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Buzzing for the first game at Wembley being against Chelsea! Proper chance to make Wembley our temporary fortress and show everyone that we mean business.

United, Liverpool and Arsenal in 11 days end of Jan/beginning of Feb! Season defining moments they will be.. Can't wait! Raring to go.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Think i might treat myself to that Geordie game. Good auld night out after!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Nobody won the competition, so I have asked a panel of independent expert to judge this one. Their unbiased verdict was:

The closest prediction was Liverpool Away,​

The panel ignored Huddersfield, because ... well, everybody does don't they? I went there once, it's like a not so sophisticated version of Leeds.

So I am the winner!

C

corroded

Player in Training.
it's like a not so sophisticated version of Leeds.

I heard Leeds got the wheel last year. They say it's the best thing since sliced bread, which they got two years ago.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@skiathospurs fixtures work out nicely for you if you turn up for the NLD and stay for a month or so.
yup normal feb goon smashing session!!3 days before birthday so see family theyll think I came back to see them!!may do man ure - NLD,try and do away at scousers in there too.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Newcastle been given a year to break the new PL rule about away fans pitch side,something about unsafe and segregation,well close the olympic stadium then for starters.So once again away fans at st james hidden up the top tier,not right IMO.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Newcastle been given a year to break the new PL rule about away fans pitch side,something about unsafe and segregation,well close the olympic stadium then for starters.So once again away fans at st james hidden up the top tier,not right IMO.
Same as Sunderland and United?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Same as Sunderland and United?
New rule this season is away fans or some of the allocation have to be pitch side,well sunderland dont matter now,but yes man u meant to comply as were newcastle,but PL given them one year dispensation.Apparently WHL would have required a change,I am guessing because of wheelchair supporters in front of away fans.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-agree-changes-9231473
Manchester United - United will need to make changes to the away section at Old Trafford. At present there is one block of home supporters between the pitch and travelling fans, who sit in the corner of the East and South stands.
Old-Trafford.jpg

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Nobody won the competition, so I have asked a panel of independent expert to judge this one. Their unbiased verdict was:

The closest prediction was Liverpool Away,​

The panel ignored Huddersfield, because ... well, everybody does don't they? I went there once, it's like a not so sophisticated version of Leeds.

So I am the winner!

PFFFT! *Looks down, hands in pockets and kicks a stone*

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Premier league fails to enforce away fan rule at Newcastle
6/14/2017

thst-lettering_47_orig.png

The fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season sees Spurs travel to Newcastle United for the opening game. Under new rules introduced by the Premier League, this season all clubs have to offer a proportion of the away allocation seats pitch side. This was agreed last summer, with clubs given a period of grace in order to implement any necessary changes. But Newcastle United have been given dispensation not to offer seats pitch side.

We understand that NUFC and the Premier League are citing “safety reasons” for the decision. But neither NUFC or the Premier League are commenting any further.

Supporter organisations knew NUFC were asking for dispensation after it became clear the club would be returning to the Premier League. We asked if we could put the case on behalf of the 19 sets of away fans who would visit Newcastle this season. We received no reply.

Today, on hearing the news confirmed, we contacted the Premier League again. But the supporter services department is on holiday.

If there really are safety reasons for this decision, it seems odd that the Premier League and the club aren’t explaining clearly what they are. We’d be interested to know why putting away fans pitch side is less safe than putting home supporters pitch side or, indeed, why it is safe to place visiting fans up in the gods yet not safe for home fans. We understand the way NUFC position its own season ticket holders has changed, a move widely opposed at the time by the club’s own supporters, but this is not a safety reason.

The rule was introduced because, in the words of Premier League chief Richard Scudamore: “One of the unique things about our game, particularly in England, is the amount of away fans and the noise they create. When an away goal is scored, you want that atmosphere and interaction between the two sets of fans.”

NUFC have had ample time, and have the resources, to comply with the rules. The fact that the Premier League have allowed them not to comply for at least this season doesn’t suggest it is as keen on that “atmosphere and interaction” as it says.

This is the second season in a row in which the Premier League has failed to enforce its own rules. Last season Hull City was allowed to flout the rule on offering concessionary pricing to home supporters, an issue the Premier League failed over an entire season to resolve and which has conveniently disappeared with Hull City’s relegation.

The failure to enforce its own rules, seen alongside the failure to respond to requests from fan organisations, leads us to question just how effective the Premier League is as a governing body, and how committed it is to the much heralded “structured dialogue” with fans.

In the meantime, we will ensure we pack our binoculars for our trip to Newcastle.

THST Board
14 June 2017