By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Academy news

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The answer is anything between £500 and £1500 a week typically depending on the club and how good you are. Raheem Sterling managed to negotiate a contract of £30k a week after a couple of Premier League appearances aged 17.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
England U20's to play Mexico in the World Cup quarter final today at 12.00BST.

We all know what happens when we get to a quarter final.....?? Good luck especially to our boys.

779799fb-50d6-41e7-9e85-ea0269b3fa17.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
England go through 1-0 with a goal from Solanke, however Josh Onomah was harshly sent off with 18 minutes to go.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Stats for Premier League academy products this season:

DBFk2c4XUAAUM7G.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

just after Lezniak's 'dream debut'?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

just after Lezniak's 'dream debut'?
I think it was last chance saloon and he went to Hong Kong as well to try and impress apparently. Seems harsh but the way it is? Will likely end up at somewhere like Norwich/Derby/Forest maybe?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think it was last chance saloon and he went to Hong Kong as well to try and impress apparently. Seems harsh but the way it is? Will likely end up at somewhere like Norwich/Derby/Forest maybe?
I could list all of our midfielders,but really with winks to return,we dont need any hold ups for next gen from academy,we have plenty in this area,I believe even if released a fee is due via tribunal.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It seems harsh but in some ways it's best for them to start afresh and not worry about hoping someone scouts them and then negotiates deals etc.

They are basically free to negotiate deals in leiu of a transfer fee so they get better ones.

Hope they do well

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It seems harsh but in some ways it's best for them to start afresh and not worry about hoping someone scouts them and then negotiates deals etc.

They are basically free to negotiate deals in leiu of a transfer fee so they get better ones.

Hope they do well
Does seem harsh,but we have prepared em as best we could,they have a good name behind them and now must find their careers,which will still be pretty damn lucrative.
One thing Poch has not done yet is leave players dangling on a string when he doesnt need them,bentaleb,pritchard,capoue,that french dude who had a year and went to psg whatever he was called,njie,kaboul,lennon, no sentiment only useful or gone.Its better for the players than years wasted not knowing.

Said I wasnt going to,but Eriksen,Dele,Lamela,Son,Wanyama,Dier,Dembele,Winks,(lets ignore sissoko,nkodou,edwards for now),unless we ended up in the inter toto cup or black plague affects the catering I dont see Lesniak getting much game time,I ll be honest if we signed Willian from the chavs I couldnt see him getting much game time either with what we have already.Good luck to those released,but there`s no room at the inn this year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...d-290617/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
New Academy coaching staff appointed
Posted on 29 June 2017 - 14:00

We are pleased to announce the appointments of Wayne Burnett and Perry Suckling to our Academy coaching team.
Former Dagenham & Redbridge manager Wayne joins as our new Under-23s Coach, while Perry returns to the Club is as Academy Coach and Academy Goalkeeping Coach following a spell with Queens Park Rangers.

A former midfielder, Wayne represented Leyton Orient, Blackburn Rovers, Plymouth Argyle, Bolton Wanderers, Huddersfield Town and Grimsby Town – making over 100 appearances for the latter two clubs – during an extensive playing career in the Football League. He left his post as Dagenham & Redbridge manager in December, 2015, and has since worked as a National Coach Developer at the Football Association.

Perry originally joined Spurs in October, 2000, after a playing career that included spells at Coventry City, Manchester City, Crystal Palace, Watford and Doncaster Rovers, in addition to loan spells at West Ham United and Brentford. He has also previously enjoyed time coaching in South Africa and back here in the UK with the England youth squads, and served as our Academy Goalkeeping Coach until leaving to take up a position within Queens Park Rangers' Academy in the summer of 2015.

Commenting on the new members of staff, John McDermott, Head of Coaching and Player Development, said: "Wayne brings experience and a fantastic set of attributes to the Academy. He’s a former player, league manager and youth coach at a variety of levels, most latterly as a coach with the Football Association.

“I'm sure he will enhance our existing coaching programme and contribute hugely to the continuation of players graduating through the latter stage of their academy life into senior professional football.

“I’m delighted also that Perry is returning to us and he brings vast experience and knowledge of youth football that can only help the players and staff around him.

“He has an extensive knowledge of how we work and was fundamental in bringing a lot of successful graduates through the Academy here.

“He knows what ‘good’ looks like and we looking forward to working with him again.”

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Nice to see a couple of sons of former players and the manager

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Nice to see a couple of sons of former players and the manager
cant wait to have a stadium all chanting "maximus,maximus", bet ya Levy stands up and does a thumbs down!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - PREMIER LEAGUE 2 FIXTURE LIST 2017-18

Fri 11 Aug - Sunderland (A) - Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground - 7pm
Mon 21 Aug - West Ham United (H) - Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre - 12pm
Fri 25 Aug - Manchester United (H) - Stevenage - 7pm
Mon 18 Sep - Swansea City (H) - Stevenage - 7pm
Fri 13 Oct - Leicester City (H) - Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre - KO TBC
Mon 23 Oct - Arsenal (H) - Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre - KO TBC

Fri 27 Oct - Derby County (A) - Pride Park - 7pm
Fri 17 Nov - Chelsea (H) - Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre - KO TBC
Sat 25 Nov - Manchester City (A) - Manchester City Academy Stadium - 1pm
Mon 11 Dec - West Ham United (A) - Dagenham & Redbridge - 7pm
Mon 18 Dec - Sunderland (H) - Stevenage - 7pm
Mon 8 Jan - Leicester City (A) - Holmes Park - 7pm
Mon 15 Jan - Everton (H) - Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre - 12pm
Mon 29 Jan - Manchester United (A) - Old Trafford - 7pm
Mon 5 Feb - Liverpool (H) - Stevenage - 7pm
Mon 19 Feb - Swansea City (A) - Landore Training Ground - 7pm
Fri 2 Mar - Derby County (H) - Tottenham Hotspur Training Centre - 12pm
Mon 12 Mar - Arsenal (A) - Emirates Stadium (TBC) - 7pm
Fri 13 Apr - Chelsea (A) - Aldershot Town - 7.05pm
Mon 23 Apr - Manchester City (H) - Stevenage - 7pm
TBC - Liverpool (A)
TBC - Everton (A)

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Great result against the Mancs, anyone here who went, how'd our next left back get on......Luke Shaw ?

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member

Where are all the Paul's/Stevens/George's.and Graham's ??? It's weird when JAMIE and Oliver are the two most "Normal" names ......is it any wonder I never got anywhere in football, I mean in 40 years, Richard Gough, Richard Wright and that's about it
Where as Spurs alone have had , Jermaine Defoe, and Jenas and the goons had Pennant

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Our u23s are beating the spammer 7-1 right now lol