By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Academy news

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
England win the U17 World Cup 5-2 from 2-0 down.....Huge Congrats

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
England were losing 2-0 to Spain now winning 4-2 with 6 mins to go.....great stuff. Well done lads.
Yeah so what, it's only a World Cup, England won one of them in June.

5-2 win for England, good to see young English players especially Oakley-Booth doing well (is it trendy to have a double barrelled name these days - if so I think I shall be known as Dorset-Knob, because Dorset knobs are world famous and mine is huge).

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Exciting times seeing the young English age groups prospering as they are but for me it’ll count for nothing if these kids aren’t given a fair crack of the whip at their respective clubs. We seem to be the only club out of the big 6 that trust in our young English talent.

It’s time that clubs are forced to field at least 3 English players. I want to enjoy watching England play football, performances without any fear that these youngsters seem to possess.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm a bit worried that young Marcus isn't stepping up to the plate. If he doesn't work hard, however talented, Poch won't include him. Dele was 19 and he got game time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
academy striker Ryan Loft has joined Exeter on loan until the end of the season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
More loans happening
Shayon Harrison is to join Southend on loan for the rest of the season.
Defender @AntonWalkes has joined @officialpompey on loan until the end of the season.
Midfielder @Luke_Amos1 has signed a new contract with the Club until 2019 and has joined @StevenageFC on loan for the remainder of the 2017-18 season.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Are any of this lot even remotely close to the first team squad? Wasn't there a striker made a 5 minute cameo earlier in the season? Sterling or something?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Are any of this lot even remotely close to the first team squad? Wasn't there a striker made a 5 minute cameo earlier in the season? Sterling or something?
kaziah sterling,still a bit young but really have to say Llorente shouldnt be keeping him from gaining experience from what we have seen.There are some good U23s but aside from KWP most of those close are on loan now,and from U18 to 1st team is a big jump.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Today chaps !!!!if you dont know how to find a stream you probably arent even reading this because you dont know how to use the internet!!!

BTSport2
12:45
p.gif

UEFA Youth League (Sport)
Tottenham v Monaco.
Tottenham host Monaco in the last 16 of the UEFA Youth League at the Lamex Stadium. Spurs' free-scoring youngsters have netted 10 goals in their last three Youth League matches.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
kaziah sterling,still a bit young but really have to say Llorente shouldnt be keeping him from gaining experience from what we have seen.There are some good U23s but aside from KWP most of those close are on loan now,and from U18 to 1st team is a big jump.
I read the unhappy news on the official site that Marcus Edwards has yet to make a Norwich matchday squad. We've established that we really know nothing about what goes on, but the signs are that this guy needs help/support guidance from somewhere before he and his prodigious talent gets lost somewhere? That's my take anyway. Can Dele do the job of a grown up here and mentor him??

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I read the unhappy news on the official site that Marcus Edwards has yet to make a Norwich matchday squad. We've established that we really know nothing about what goes on, but the signs are that this guy needs help/support guidance from somewhere before he and his prodigious talent gets lost somewhere? That's my take anyway. Can Dele do the job of a grown up here and mentor him??
Football London say:

"The truth is simply that Edwards has only just shaken off a niggling back injury and he returned to full training this week with the Canaries."

So hopefully it's not his bonce that is bent, it's his back? I think he has had too much adulation for a player who hasn't even started to prove himself with the big boys yet, hopefully if he does get some games with Norwich we will see him mature into a great player, or he will become a Big Bollocked Billy and fade away.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Football London say:

"The truth is simply that Edwards has only just shaken off a niggling back injury and he returned to full training this week with the Canaries."

So hopefully it's not his bonce that is bent, it's his back? I think he has had too much adulation for a player who hasn't even started to prove himself with the big boys yet, hopefully if he does get some games with Norwich we will see him mature into a great player, or he will become a Big Bollocked Billy and fade away.
This lad was utter shite at Norwich...!!!

697647141.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
1-1 full time,goes straight to penalties.....after the adverts lol

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs through on pens to qtr finals to face porto or salzburg (still in play porto leading).

Pitch was pretty awful and bobbly so hard to judge any of our midfielders,sterling and bennetts looked tricky upfront and we defended well against a good pacy attack.

edit;
[B]Tottenham Hotspur[/B]‏Verified account @[B]SpursOfficial[/B] 2m2 minutes ago

#UYL: We'll now be at home to @FCPorto in the @UEFAYouthLeague quarter-finals next month after our 3-1 penalty shootout win over Monaco here at @StevenageFC this afternoon

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The only thing that those Monaco lads would have recognised will have been the red and white of Stevenage. The rest must have felt like another planet compared to their 'home' town.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The only thing that those Monaco lads would have recognised will have been the red and white of Stevenage. The rest must have felt like another planet compared to their 'home' town.
I sincerely doubt any of the kids were actually raised in monaco,more likely imported from outside.Makes academies a bit of a nonsense when your homegrown is not from your area.Like that great mancunian to rise through their academy Pogba,or fabregas at woolwich,defeats what the FA tries to achieve at grassroots and morally what club and its community is about.Spurs have not been totally innocent in this regard too in the past.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Videos like that make me cringe sooooo much and the use of ladders makes me want to smash things.
Thing is no amount of keepy uppys or street school skillz actually makes you a footballer,ask graham roberts,or roy keane,heart and ethic to take on players in a challenge vs a few cones and like marcus edwards believing youre the dogs nuts doesnt make you so.
I wish the kid all the best,and hope he becomes a legend for us,sadly being hyped up i think will hinder him and alienate him in a team sport.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Thing is no amount of keepy uppys or street school skillz actually makes you a footballer,ask graham roberts,or roy keane,heart and ethic to take on players in a challenge vs a few cones and like marcus edwards believeing youre the dogs nuts doesnt make you so.
I wish the kid all the best,and hope he becomes a legend for us,sadly being hyped up i think will hinder him and alienate him in a team sport.
Agreed and it looks like a computer game.