By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Academy news

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I don't think he is going to make it at Prem level. He's 21 in a few months and dropping down to League 1 is revealing. Seems Troy might have passed him by?
I agree,also i like or hope the club does the best by these young lads,its not all about just finding the next superstar for spurs,its also creating a career and pathway for these kids even if its not with THFC.We have had them the best part of their youth,whether they move on to league 1 or 2,the championship or abroad,I hope we take care to nurture their short career playing football.Everybody dreams of being the next Kane,but reality is at worst we can prepare them for what is still a very decent paying career even if it is at sunderland or doncaster.
I guess I mean even if you dont make it at spurs,the club will help set them up for the future,its is an academy and not just about playing football.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I agree,also i like or hope the club does the best by these young lads,its not all about just finding the next superstar for spurs,its also creating a career and pathway for these kids even if its not with THFC.We have had them the best part of their youth,whether they move on to league 1 or 2,the championship or abroad,I hope we take care to nurture their short career playing football.Everybody dreams of being the next Kane,but reality is at worst we can prepare them for what is still a very decent paying career even if it is at sunderland or doncaster.
I guess I mean even if you dont make it at spurs,the club will help set them up for the future,its is an academy and not just about playing football.
It's part of the system to pay for the Kanes.... if this kid goes for 400K or that kid for 200k... to lower league clubs it pays for the whole system.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
3-1 Spurs!!

Great result and 2 good goals. Troy went off injured not sure what for or the extent of the injury. We have a very strong PL2 team, most of whom played in the pre season games to notable effect. The conveyor belt is strong it seems.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Blimey, One to Colchester and one to Southend and that's PL2 team done.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
These guys need to be regularly playing and training against men, hopefully in teams that at least attempt to play football that doesn't just resort to a string of second ball opportunities. The PL2 team should be full of 16-20 year olds, not guys who are 21+.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
https://www.goal.com/en/news/live/transfer-news-and-rumours-live/gq0r79bealr31katz69ldh985

Tottenham land Okuwa from West Ham
Tottenham have secured the signature of highly-rated teenager Temidire Emmanuel Okuwa, reports Allnigeriasoccer.com.

The 14-year-old left West Ham after nine years following the 2018-19 season, and Spurs have snapped up the promising defender.

Okuwa chose Tottenham over Chelsea due to Spurs offering a clearer pathway from the academy to the first team.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The true definition of "spursy".
Our development squad,beat colchester last night on penalties in the something cup..

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
two very decent goals here

That number 12 of ours destroyed their lad to put that cross in..... chipped it over his head and cut it back between his legs to chip a cross in.... VDV's lad?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That number 12 of ours destroyed their lad to put that cross in..... chipped it over his head and cut it back between his legs to chip a cross in.... VDV's lad?
chay cooper,1st time I heard of him.Brilliant bit of skill.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
two very decent goals here

We met this lot, who were all queuing up for food in the Blue Albatross on the High Road, last Tuesday night. Decent bunch of blokes, great atmosphere amongst them and seemed down to earth. They get trained as hard as the first team apparently and the continuity of style of play etc goes right through the club.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We met this lot, who were all queuing up for food in the Blue Albatross on the High Road, last Tuesday night. Decent bunch of blokes, great atmosphere amongst them and seemed down to earth. They get trained as hard as the first team apparently and the continuity of style of play etc goes right through the club.
They’re now all shitting it since Maureens turned up!!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
From Redditt/COYS

U23s seem to be playing with 4 CB's tonight .. ovb not all in position but it is a reminder we have a bunch of them competing against each other, and that tends to produce, well, players like Japhet Tanganga ...

So if Tanganga is leading the bunch at the moment, there are others not that far behind him. For the first time in a very long while it seems all the CBs at the club aged 18+ are fit.

I don't understand what or why, but it seems we are playing with 4 CB tonight in the U23 game vs. 2nd placed Derby, away at Loughborough. The game just ended 2-2. Seems a good moment to take note of our CB runners and riders: oldest first:

Tim (TJ) Eyoma: 19-yo (20-yo this month). 6' 1". Captain of U23. Played 90' in 12 of our 14 PL2 games this season (bench one other). Played every level for England from 16-yo. I remember he got a pro contract at the same time as Skippy and Luke Amos and was really pushing on. It seems Tanganga improved quicker - Japhet is 10 months older. Woild be the obvious academy CB to progress into the senior squad training.

Brooklyn Lyons-Foster: 19-yo (last month). Been involved in 10 of the 14 PL2 fixtures this year but not often a starter. England at U17.

Luis Binks: 18-yo. 6' 4". Been with us since 6-yo. Playing his 5th PL2 game tonight (also still eligible for the U18s). The club like him, his height is impressive and probably not done yet.

Malachi Fagan-Walcott: 17-yo. Came into the U23s in mid-October (obv. still eligible for U18). Playing his 5th PL2 game tonight. Really excellent progress for a 17-yo.

Jon Dinzeyi: 20-yo (2nd oldest of this group). On the bench tonight (the 5th CB in tonight's squad). Has been injured in previous seasons and also this season. Injuries have hurt his progress. Tall and energetic but difficult to assess.