By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Academy news

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
UCL%20Academy%20EFDC%202015%20-%208b.jpg

http://thetottenhamway.com/article/youth-spurs-development-squad-in-strong-shape-ahead-of-new-season
With the new campaign drawing closer, here’s an analysis of what Spurs’ Development Squad will look like over the next 12 months
With a significant number of extra games this season after qualifying for the UEFA Youth League and (possibly) entering the EFL Trophy, this year’s group is unusually large.

Goalkeepers

Tom Glover will continue as no.1 goalkeeper The Australian stopper endured a difficult first season at Under-21 level but is still a talented 'keeper and will fare better with a year's experience at this level. Tom McDermott will act as deputy after signing an extension to his two-year scholarship. The highly-rated Alfie Whiteman, an England youth international, will look to push Glover and McDermott and should see more playing time towards the end of the campaign, when Glover should be a candidate for a loan.

Harry Voss has long-term injury and will do well to impress sufficiently to stay at the club after Christmas, while Luke McGee, currently third choice behind Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm, will expect to be playing first-team football.

Defenders

Central defenders Cameron Carter-Vickers and Dominic Ball, who spent last season on loan at Rengers, will hope to be involved in the first-team or loaned out for the season; neither will see much Under-21 action after the opening weeks of the campaign.

Christian Maghoma, making the permanent step-up to Tottenham’s second string this year, and Anton Walkes, who featured in five or six positions last season, will begin the campaign as central defensive partners. Scholar Japhet Tanganga, impressive in his first term of Under-18 football, is more than capable of filling in at the heart of defence when needed.

We’re a little short in wide defensive areas: Kyle Walker-Peters and Connor Ogilvie have outgrown youth football, and both should see League One loans. Joe Muscatt, a limited player with an excellent work ethic, is capable on either flank and will attempt to make one of the full-back positions his own. Anthony Georgiou switched between a left sided full-back and winger last campaign; it’s unclear where the club see him playing long-term. Shilow Tracey lacks the flair required to play as a winger, expect him to mostly feature at right-back, where his physical approach can be most effective.

Jaden Brown and Nick Tsaroulla both impressed on the left side of defence for the U18s last term, and they should nail down places in the U21 starling lineup after decisions are made on the aforementioned older players.

Midfielders

It’s expected Luke Amos and Filip Lesniak will continue in central midfield -- both are talented but had mixed success at U21 level last season. They will be expected to improve this campaign.

Zenon Stylianides and Charlie Owens have had an inconsistent past 12 months -- both will need to produce something unforeseen to oust Amos and Lesniak from the central midfield berths. The former, however, has played in a variety of positions and can do a job at full-back or as a wide midfielder.

Despite making a handful of appearances at U21 level last season, Harry Winks needs to be playing men’s football.

Attackers

Will Miller was superb in the closing weeks of 2015-16, he’ll look to pick up where he left off in the no.10 role.

The remaining two attacking midfield places could be filled by a number of players; Joe Pritchard is now one of the more senior players in the group but is limited technically. The exceptionally-talented Cy Goddard is also a natural no.10 but has so far been unable to cope with the physicality of the U21 league. Nathan Oduwa’s contract situation means the club will prefer to invest game time in others. Anthony Georgiou and Shilow Tracey look likely to be used at full-back. Second year scholars Marcus Edwards and Sam Shashoua were excellent for the U18s last year but both are still very slight and it remains to be seen if they will be fully trusted to make the step up.

Shayon Harrison will lead the line, prolific throughout his youth career, he’ll hope to earn a loan move by January. Ryan Loft had his scholarship extended into a third year, but despite a decent goal record, his overall game still needs work. The exciting Kazaiah Sterling is more than capable of leapfrogging Loft to earn the no.9 jersey but will have to produce better displays for the U18s than he has in the last six months.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I understand that our academy side is entered into the re-vamped Johnstone's Paint Trophy....currently without a sponsor and known as the EFL...which sounds like some nazi group.

This definitely sounds like a reserve team competition to me and includes sides from leagues 1 and 2....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham wonderkid Marcus Edwards has signed a 2 year contract with Tottenham #COYS [Via: @thfcacademy ]

CnCsdi2WgAM9ZMB.jpg

If this is true,its great news!!No official word yet.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://superhotspur.com/2016/07/11...-in-the-first-team-next-season-image-jpeg-in/
1. Grant Ward: the 21 year old midfielder is a talented player who recently spent a season on loan at championship side Rotherham United making 40 appearances for the millers, Ward was awarded the Rotherham United young player of the year award for the 2015-16 season. A versatile midfielder Ward provides great energy and tenacity with in the midfield and is not afraid to surge forward, Ward also has an excellent shot at his disposal. I predict Ward will get some game time for Pochettino’s side in the coming season, possibly in a domestic cup game and if he impresses with in pre season he could very much become part of Pochettino’s plans, you only need to look as far as Ryan Mason or Harry Kane to see how impressing in a cup game can edge you in to the senior squad. 2. Dominic Ball: Commanding centre half Dominic Ball is another player who I believe could feature in Pochettino’s squad in the coming season. The 20 year old who spent last season on loan at Scottish side Rangers completed 30 games for the Ibrox club as he demonstrated his versatility with on the field of play. Ball played with in central defence as well as in the middle of the park, in many ways Ball reminds me of Eric Dier in regards to his style of play as well as his ability to play in both defence and the midfield. A solid and powerful player Ball is a hot prospect at Spurs and is in my opinion more than capable to play senior football for Spurs in the coming season. However, this opportunity is only likely to come through cup games, whilst Ball could possibly spend another season on loan as it could be more beneficial to his development. 3. Kyle Walker-Peters: Exciting right back Kyle Walker-Peters was a star for our under 21’s in the previous campaign and was rewarded with a place on the bench against Bournemouth in the Premier league last season. Walker-Peters, who is also capable of featuring at left back is in my opinion one of of our best prospects with in our youth academy, A pacy player the right back demonstrated an excellent defensive ability last season, having saw him play many times I immediately noticed he’s exceptional determination and supreme intelligence in reading the game. Kyle was awarded with the Barclays under 21 premier league player of the month for December of last year, in the same month that he signed a new contract for the club, Kyle is also a regular for England under 19’s and is named in their squad for the coming European championships. Depending on whether Yedlin stays, Walker-Peters could find himself the second choice right back for next season and with he’s pedigree could certainly feature for the senior squad next season even in the premier league.4. Connor Ogilvie: Connor Ogilvie is yet another player who could make his senior debut in the coming season, the left back who spent last season on loan at League 2 club Stevenage is a talented and consistent performer who has an excellent reading of the game, as well as an exciting offensive side to
5. Nathan Oduwa: The extremely skilful and tricky left winger who is capped at under 23 level for Nigeria is another hot talent within the Spurs academy set up. Oduwa spent some of last season on loan at Rangers where he wowed the crowds with his flair and trickery making 15 appearances and netting once for the Scottish club. Oduwa also spent a short time on loan at Colchester, Oduwa could definitely make an impact next season if Pochettino selects him, with bags full of tricks, pace and an eye for goal the 20 year old may soon make his senior debut for the Lillywhites over the coming season, and I believe that he is ready to be involved in senior game time for Spurs. 6. Cameron Carter-Vickers: Cameron Carter Vickers is one of the most talented young central defenders in the country and its not hard to see why with the American under 23 international excelling for both club and country at youth level over the past couple of seasons. The tall and outstandingly strong centre back has shown great maturity and intelligence for the under 21’s last season and the American possesses all the raw attributes to become a top class centre back. Still only 18 Carter-Vickers is a big part of Spurs’s future and Pochettino was not afraid to include him on the bench on four occasions in the Europa league last season. A natural leader Carter Vickers captained the under 21’s regularly during last seasons campaign and the youngsters first team debut is close, with next season likely seeing him in action for the senior squad. https://youtu.be/BEFBw1boQcc
7. Shayon Harrison: A natural and prolific goalscorer at youth level for Spurs the extremely talented striker is one of our most talented young players. I have seen Harrison play on numerous occasions over past the few seasons for both the under 18’s and under 21’s and I have been extremely impressed with the 18 year old striker, and I thoroughly believe that with all his key attributes and skill that he will become a top striker at Spurs in the future. I believe he is more than ready to be given some senior game time for Spurs over the course of next season. However, Harrison could potentially be sent on loan over the coming season, if you’d like to read my earlier in depth article on Harrison the link is provided below. https://twitter.com/spursofficial/status/719613883711770625 https://superhotspur.com/2016/04/18/shayon-harrison-tottenhams-striking-starlet/
8. Marcus Edwards: Finally on this list is young Marcus Edwards, the 17 year old winger is widely regarded as our most promising player with in our academy and after establishing himself in the under 21’s side at the end of last season the wonder kid has reportedly signed a two year deal with Spurs with the promise of a first team number and some senior playing time over the course of next season. If you’d like to read more about the dazzling wonder kid and England under 18 international, read my article on Edwards in the link provided below. https://superhotspur.com/2016/04/24/marcus-edwards-tottenhams-dazzling-wonder-kid/ https://youtu.be/SCZpYy1LZEg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Playing now!
Cno8IMNW8AAI6Do.png

Onomah also in the side.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham have received over £36m in transfer fees for Academy products since 2011. #THFC

Cox5Qo-WAAEitA4.jpg

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Cqdr-tnXEAAXCCp.jpg

Time for edwards soon!!!
Did you manage to see any of this game. Be nice to find out more of how he's getting on over the season, if he isn't getting into the first team soon that is.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Cqdr-tnXEAAXCCp.jpg

Time for edwards soon!!!
His time might be early rounds of the League Cup? or as substitute when we have a healthy lead, but the big plus is that he is now properly involved in the first team squad, no need to rush these things....same goes for Winks, Harrison, Oduwa etc.

I also like Amos.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
His time might be early rounds of the League Cup? or as substitute when we have a healthy lead, but the big plus is that he is now properly involved in the first team squad, no need to rush these things....same goes for Winks, Harrison, Oduwa etc.

I also like Amos.
Wink was very impressive pre season, an excited by his prospects too!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@Don Diaz i didnt see but sure highlights will be on spurs tv??If i find I ll link you up!!
Also the league title is now PL2 and its U23s not U21s,@admin could you change the thread title to Academy news or something similar?

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
@Don Diaz i didnt see but sure highlights will on spurs tv??If i find I ll link you up!!
Also the league title is now PL2 and its U23s not U21s,@admin could you change the thread title to Academy news or something similar?
They're not up yet.....we're using WHL for the forthcoming Liverpool game in September which will be a great experience for the youngsters.

S

spursman18

Player in Training.
We've signed Colombian U17 international Juan Pablo Gonzalez Velasco.

He played over the weekend for our u18s against Villa. He most recently played for Brentford and was linked with Chelsea, Arsenal, and a handful of other clubs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Luke McGee and Nathan Oduwa have joined League One side Peterborough United on loan until January.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/0...edia&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCsport

Tottenham Hotspur have some exciting youngsters coming through the ranks and the teenage forward is one of them.

tottenhams_kazaiah_sterling_in_action_302683.jpg

When you speak to Tottenham Hotspur fans about the next breakout stars at the club, talk inevitably turns to Marcus Edwards and Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Both are expected to play a role for Spurs’ first-team this season after impressing during the summer, and in the case of Edwards there is a widely held belief that he is destined to take club, and ultimately country, by storm.

Then there are the likes of Shayon Harrison and Kyle Walker-Peters; two players who could get run-outs in the cup competitions in the months ahead.

tottenhams_kazaiah_sterling_celebrates_scoring_their_second_goal_302674.jpg

But what about the player who could ‘do a Rashford’? What about the youngster who is believed to still be some way away from the Tottenham first-team but who could – if fate allows – play a role between now and May?

That role could well go to 17-year-old striker Kazaiah Sterling; a youngster blessed with lightening pace and confidence to match, and one who could step up if absences to key personnel play their part.
Vincent Janssen is now in place to play alongside Harry Kane, while Harrison and Heung-Min Son are also available to act as back-up if necessary, but as Manchester United can testify sometimes fate intervenes just as it did with Marcus Rashford.

Sterling has only played three times for Tottenham’s under-23 side to date, scoring one goal in the process. But Rashford had not even turned out for United’s under-21s when he got the call-up for a Europa League tie and we all know what happened next.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs U-23 travel to Stamford Bridge tomorrow for a PL2 game against Chelsea. 7.05pm kick-off.
I believe it is on chav tv so there will be streams.you could try here if you are stuck?
http://www.feed4u.tv/section/football/

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ICYMI tonights U23 line up,doubt anyone on this will figure for the Gillingham cup match.
Csu86I7WEAAsrft.jpg

So CCV,Harrison,Winks likely to figure in that squad??Sterling being a long shot at 17 to get match day experience perhaps.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
our youngsters are on BT Sport 1 at 14:00 in the kiddy CL

boo

boo

Founding Member
Burton Albion have extended Will Miller's loan deal from Premier League Tottenham until the end of the season.

The attacking midfielder, 20, has started only three games since joining the Championship club in August.

But he has made nine appearances from the bench and scored a 90th-minute equaliser against Wolves in September.

Brewers manager Nigel Clough said: "He's a great lad, he's improving and getting acclimatised to the physical aspects of the Championship,"

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Our U23 team drew 2-2 with Chelsea U23 today, coming from 1-0 and 2-1 down. Harrison and Ogilvie were our goal scorers.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The U23's came back from 2-0 down to draw with City in the PL2 league last week. Marcus Edwards close to full fitness and his ankle injury.