By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

After the new stadium......what next?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
That's depressing reading. It's not something I didnt know, but when I'm reminded of it, it hurts. Why ARE we so accepting of Levy, why have there not been serious crys for him to go ?
Yes, he's got the stadium and the training facility but on the pitch, he has managed to sack yet another good coach (ruthlessly) and replace him with a coach who's clearly had their day and will NOT trust a young talent but buy a risk instead.
At the end of the day we have a chairman that's won his trophies. To him, it's the stadium, training facility and the bank balance....but what I want as a fan is trophies that fit in "trophy cabinets".
But that's not all, I want to see pride, passion and hunger from the players wearing that shirt.. i want us to play open exciting attacking football that gets arse's off seats. I want a manager that will throw caution to the wind,.. that will give youth a chance and find a few homegrown gems. I want my club back, What I DONT want is a tourist attraction with the best credit rating in the premier league.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
That's depressing reading. It's not something I didnt know, but when I'm reminded of it, it hurts. Why ARE we so accepting of Levy, why have there not been serious crys for him to go ?
Yes, he's got the stadium and the training facility but on the pitch, he has managed to sack yet another good coach (ruthlessly) and replace him with a coach who's clearly had their day and will NOT trust a young talent but buy a risk instead.
At the end of the day we have a chairman that's won his trophies. To him, it's the stadium, training facility and the bank balance....but what I want as a fan is trophies that fit in "trophy cabinets".
But that's not all, I want to see pride, passion and hunger from the players wearing that shirt.. i want us to play open exciting attacking football that gets arse's off seats. I want a manager that will throw caution to the wind,.. that will give youth a chance and find a few homegrown gems. I want my club back, What I DONT want is a tourist attraction with the best credit rating in the premier league.

The old chant eh!
Tott'nam - we want our tott'nam back!

I would have thought that died with when Sugar sold up but Levy has managed to do the ultimate in Spursy by turning people against him despite a 1 billion investment.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The old chant eh!

I would have thought that died with when Sugar sold up but Levy has managed to do the ultimate in Spursy by turning people against him despite a 1 billion investment.
Maybe we've already got it , just without the flair element, that Hoddle, Ginola, Gazza and others used to provide. I mean fucking hell do we need any more depressive thoughts at the moment.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The old chant eh!

But he has only spent a billion of our money,so its a bit like you being happy your missus went out and spent 10 grand on bog rolls with your money!
NFL,rugby,boxing....retractable pitch for gigs,walk around the roof its all to do with ROI (not republic of ireland!),and nothing to do with football.He borrowed more money than we needed to,for extras we dont need for a football club.If anyone believes in a decades time we will have more money for the team from gigs,boxing,nfl,rugby,rugby league,then you are probably still waiting for the dartford crossing to be toll free which they promised once it was paid for.

The real kick in the nuts is last year he almost doubled his salary as a paid bonus for delivering the new stadium,Late,massively over spent,parts still not finished,guess he will get a further bonus when the museum and hotels open up.I am done with giving this man anymore of my money under the pretence its for the club I have loved for half a century,its cleary just for him and Lewis.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
But he has only spent a billion of our money,so its a bit like you being happy your missus went out and spent 10 grand on bog rolls with your money!
NFL,rugby,boxing....retractable pitch for gigs,walk around the roof its all to do with ROI (not republic of ireland!),and nothing to do with football.He borrowed more money than we needed to,for extras we dont need for a football club.If anyone believes in a decades time we will have more money for the team from gigs,boxing,nfl,rugby,rugby league,then you are probably still waiting for the dartford crossing to be toll free which they promised once it was paid for.

The real kick in the nuts is last year he almost doubled his salary as a paid bonus for delivering the new stadium,Late,massively over spent,parts still not finished,guess he will get a further bonus when the museum and hotels open up.I am done with giving this man anymore of my money under the pretence its for the club I have loved for half a century,its cleary just for him and Lewis.
I think the acid test and the mark of the true man were those articles you posted when they bought Glasgow Rangers, Slavia Prague etc. Didn’t know about FC Basle, which would have ultimately been a good investment - but clearly they as quoted werent interested in the football - they just saw an opportunity to make money. It smacked of gathering shiny things - like magpies. I have a problem because I want to go and watch my football team, I have to pay Levy to do so. I’m not interested in seeing anything else at the stadium. I’d even be voting for more of it (I think) if the money and profits raised were spent on the golden goose which is the football team, but it’s not. Levy seems content with just existing and he’s got really lucky over the past 5 years with Poch and some great players, ultimately however it’s all just a vehicle to make an unbelievable profit - if he gets £3bn he’ll get about £2.3bn after the debt and cost price. All the stuff about legacy is just corporate PR. His words like ‘I’ve spent 20 years growing this club’ - you could easily replace club with business or corporation. They’ve paid particular attention to property - training ground and Stadium. If you invest £200-300m in players and wages you get ego’s and maybe a shiny trophy. If you invest the same in bricks you get a hotel or a new training ground. - far more reliable and valuable in the long term. This can never be a real fans view - the huge TV revenues will come in anyway, more or less.

We know Levy’s colours, he’s revealed them in many ways and often. Our cunt is one description there are many others. Hopefully the sale will come soon and hopefully it won’t be a case of be careful what you wish for, because it seems football is just full of people like Levy at the moment.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think the acid test and the mark of the true man were those articles you posted when they bought Glasgow Rangers, Slavia Prague etc. Didn’t know about FC Basle, which would have ultimately been a good investment - but clearly they as quoted werent interested in the football - they just saw an opportunity to make money. It smacked of gathering shiny things - like magpies. I have a problem because I want to go and watch my football team, I have to pay Levy to do so. I’m not interested in seeing anything else at the stadium. I’d even be voting for more of it (I think) if the money and profits raised were spent on the golden goose which is the football team, but it’s not. Levy seems content with just existing and he’s got really lucky over the past 5 years with Poch and some great players, ultimately however it’s all just a vehicle to make an unbelievable profit - if he gets £3bn he’ll get about £2.3bn after the debt and cost price. All the stuff about legacy is just corporate PR. His words like ‘I’ve spent 20 years growing this club’ - you could easily replace club with business or corporation. They’ve paid particular attention to property - training ground and Stadium. If you invest £200-300m in players and wages you get ego’s and maybe a shiny trophy. If you invest the same in bricks you get a hotel or a new training ground. - far more reliable and valuable in the long term. This can never be a real fans view - the huge TV revenues will come in anyway, more or less.

We know Levy’s colours, he’s revealed them in many ways and often. Our cunt is one description there are many others. Hopefully the sale will come soon and hopefully it won’t be a case of be careful what you wish for, because it seems football is just full of people like Levy at the moment.
All true and it hurts me to want to not follow the club as strongly,but he is misguided because now we have dropped as a team,he loses more money than if he had invested properly.To do what city and chelsea have done and truly break through in the worlds eyes you need over a decade at the pinnacle for it to become more solid than blackburn,newcastle,leeds who all had a spell.We had a spell and it looks like that was it for champions league,top of the table,makes not signing grealish,or fernandes for a few quid seem a bad choice.
Success for Levy is revenue and profit for him and a select few others,its the same with kroenke and other less benevolent owners too.,

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
All true and it hurts me to want to not follow the club as strongly,but he is misguided because now we have dropped as a team,he loses more money than if he had invested properly.To do what city and chelsea have done and truly break through in the worlds eyes you need over a decade at the pinnacle for it to become more solid than blackburn,newcastle,leeds who all had a spell.We had a spell and it looks like that was it for champions league,top of the table,makes not signing grealish,or fernandes for a few quid seem a bad choice.
Success for Levy is revenue and profit for him and a select few others,its the same with kroenke and other less benevolent owners too.,
Increasingly obvious, as is the desire to sell, think with the recent crisis ENIC may have lost a huge sum.....you’d have to have a giggle if it didn’t make the teams future prospects even worse.