By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

After the new stadium......what next?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
There is talk of an area in the north stand still to be fitted out,that the club are now thinking about adding another goal line bar V2.1 . Clearly this has taken off more than the club anticipated,but over crowding,selling out will drop the numbers back,or maybe once the novelty wears off it will anyway.

At away games,I always thought wow these couple of thousand spending like maniacs,the singing, if only a club could tap the home support the same way.I bet some grounds the away fans are a significant % of food&drink sold,because they are in earlier and drink more.I will still be more of an outside eating drinking fella I think especially now stadium access is so damn quick,4 mins from brown eagle to seat,thats quicker than from the bar under the south stand!!
One thing that was good last night and that I never thought would happen, was proper singing in the bars in the Park Lane, both Goal line and on level 2. Good stuff. There were a lot of first timers last night as well which distorts the picture a bit. The stadium is a proper statement and monument though, different and far exceeds anything else I've seen or experienced. Emirates is much worse in comparison.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
For comparisons sake.Do I really need to post our new stadium concourse images?let alone the silver service fine dining areas?
http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/taking-a-look-around-tottenhams-new-stadium/

White hart lane,lest we forget

London stadium

Premium hospitality pikey styley

emirates upper level

the emirates FPMSL,leaky roof,wheelie bin fix.

emirates away

New main stand at Anfield,2 years old now.Fully not future proofed.

At the Paddock Bar you can grab some Scouse pie, cheese and onion pie or a hot dog with drink options of coke, diet coke and fanta.
There are also hot drinks, listed as Tea, Bovril, soup, hot chocolate, cappacuno, americano, lattes.
And of course beer. Obviously!
The perfect accompaniment for a weekend at the match!

Wow is it still the 80s??

Anfields "dugout bar" for the £2,900 STHs

Etihad

But its not the offerings,choice,decor,price, once again I go back to the ability to move around an open stadium,which is down to technology and then bricks and mortar (or girders and corrugated iron in liverpool).Even with purpose built food/drink outlets with ultra modern equipment,non more so than "bottoms up" pouring,High tec POS and payment systems,all the planning ahead and spurs cannot cope with demand at present and the logistics and cost of refitting emirates,etihad to compete is immense.Forget london stadium because west ham dont own it or have a say and I doubt the tax payer will shell out more.Also forget about anfield and old trafford because 4 stands all knitted together over 40 years just isnt going to allow this to happen.
I saw another figure on tuesdays match we took £800k on beer alone.Obviously it will not hurt the revenue at spurs if other teams try and catch up with our revenue from home matches,but will help to keep the status quo of us deeper and down in 6th place for earnings,wages,financial power vs united,arsenal,city,liverpool and chelsea.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
For comparisons sake.Do I really need to post new stadium concourse images?let alone the silver service fine dining areas?
http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/taking-a-look-around-tottenhams-new-stadium/

White hart lane,lest we forget

London stadium

Premium hospitality pikey styley

emirates upper level

the emirates FPMSL,leaky roof,wheelie bin fix.

emirates away

New main stand at Anfield,2 years old now.Fully not future proofed.

At the Paddock Bar you can grab some Scouse pie, cheese and onion pie or a hot dog with drink options of coke, diet coke and fanta.
There are also hot drinks, listed as Tea, Bovril, soup, hot chocolate, cappacuno, americano, lattes.
And of course beer. Obviously!
The perfect accompaniment for a weekend at the match!

Wow is it still the 80s??

Anfields "dugout bar" for the £2,900 STHs

Etihad

But its not the offerings,choice,decor,price, once again I go back to the ability to move around an open stadium,which is down to technology and then bricks and mortar (or girders and corrugated iron in liverpool).Even with purpose built food/drink outlets with ultra modern equipment,non more so than "bottoms up" pouring,High tec POS and payment systems,all the planning ahead and spurs cannot cope with demand at present and the logistics and cost of refitting emirates,etihad to compete is immense.Forget london stadium because west ham dont own it or have a say and I doubt the tax payer will shell out more.Also forget about anfield and old trafford because 4 stands all knitted together over 40 years just isnt going to allow this to happen.
I saw another figure on tuesdays match we took £800k on beer alone.Obviously it will not hurt the revenue at spurs if other teams try and catch up with our revenue from home matches,but will help to keep the status quo of us deeper and down in 6th place for earnings,wages,financial power vs united,arsenal,city,liverpool and chelsea.
Good stuff @GreekRamble thank you.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good stuff @GreekRamble thank you.
just to be clear,that £2,900 ST at Anfield is true and that is a premium hospitality area.I wasnt taking the piss.Maybe they are though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
just to be clear,that £2,900 ST at Anfield is true and that is a premium hospitality area.I wasnt taking the piss.Maybe they are though.
tbh everywhere else, apart from maybe the Wanadoo stadium in Madrid, is going to look really second or third rate in comparison to our shiny new Kingdom. Levy + Architects have created a 'venue' rather than just a football stadium. The U2 sound engineers, lighting, stand raking, and closeness of seats to the pitch have all helped the atmosphere to be like a bigger WHL for the football and it certainly feels like home, just a new 5* luxury home, inside and out. But make no mistake it's a multi franchise venue under the surface to generate a huge amount of cash. Time will tell if the whole Tottenham area and community benefit or not. Might be just ENIC eh?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Whoopy-doo, we are a financial powerrhouse and have a nice box around the pitch. Will trophies follow the new stadium? If not then it is just a huge white rhinoceros, a pelican around our necks and a nice boost to the property portfolios of Dr Evil and his sidekick.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Some interesting comments...Its the Lane and always be the lane....When the burger van on the Paxton is no more that may change..

I absolutley love it, its the best in the world....The atmoshperee before the game in South Stand is immense....Will be in early again and later after Sat

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Whoopy-doo, we are a financial powerrhouse and have a nice box around the pitch. Will trophies follow the new stadium? If not then it is just a huge white rhinoceros, a pelican around our necks and a nice boost to the property portfolios of Dr Evil and his sidekick.
Damn it no spoilers !!Would you want to know now before the ending that denise targaeryn shags Jon Snow has a baby dragon and they invent CFCs to create global warming and kill all the white walkers.No you dont,but now I`ve saved you £50 on netflix.

You are correct I am heading to this extra money being earned is only of any consequence to the club if it is used to improve the footballers who we all spend said money on to watch,side of it.I will say the power of the cashless payment rocking into Levy`s wallet,can be turned around as an immense way of protesting how the board are treating the support.Boycotting games,yeah spend £70 on a ticket or £1,200 on a ST and dont go,leave early,boo and hiss like a load of prissy gooners because your precious top 4 has been stolen by your shadow,either aint gonna happen or will just be laughed at like with lord amstrad.The power of the fan to protest by boycotting cashless offerings inside and leaving Daniel with 10,000 decaying sausage rolls is now in play.And that is going to be a good way to make a point and hit them where it hurts without hurting the team.Treat us as consumers and we will debenhams his arse!neigh proper woolworths it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://www.dezeen.com/2019/04/03/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-football-club-design-populous/

"We looked at a lot of stadiums around the world. One of the things we really liked about NFL stadiums, is the ability to move freely around the building," continued Lee.
"Football used to be much like the theatre, you are rushed in, went to the theatre and had a quick drink at half time. Now there is the idea that people go for a much longer time, its a day out rather than just a 90-minute game."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Damn it no spoilers !!Would you want to know now before the ending that denise targaeryn shags Jon Snow has a baby dragon and they invent CFCs to create global warming and kill all the white walkers.No you dont,but now I`ve saved you £50 on netflix.

You are correct I am heading to this extra money being earned is only of any consequence to the club if it is used to improve the footballers who we all spend said money on to watch,side of it.I will say the power of the cashless payment rocking into Levy`s wallet,can be turned around as an immense way of protesting how the board are treating the support.Boycotting games,yeah spend £70 on a ticket or £1,200 on a ST and dont go,leave early,boo and hiss like a load of prissy gooners because your precious top 4 has been stolen by your shadow,either aint gonna happen or will just be laughed at like with lord amstrad.The power of the fan to protest by boycotting cashless offerings inside and leaving Daniel with 10,000 decaying sausage rolls is now in play.And that is going to be a good way to make a point and hit them where it hurts without hurting the team.Treat us as consumers and we will debenhams his arse!neigh proper woolworths it.
I wouldn't suggest any of the things you mentioned. I don't have a problem with anyone spending their wedged at the new Lane, I made a decision a couple of years back that none of my money would go into Levy's pocket. I hope I am wrong and the investment needed to build a strong squad will be coming soon - but he's got previous innit, so I am not holding my breath. The day of fan protests has gone, he will fill the stadium for the big games with tourists and corporates and just shut a couple of tiers for the midweek category C games, he doesn't care about proper supporters, just money - and their will be plenty of that rolling in without needing to bother about those nasty oiks that swear and make the place look untidy.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs are generating a staggering £800,000 in revenue at each home game with an endless choice of suites, restaurants, bars and street-food outlets on stadium concourses.

Based on 19 Premier League games and a minimum of three Champions League group matches, that is an additional income of £17.6million.

To put those sales into perspective, elsewhere Premier League leaders Manchester City admit they do well to bring in £150,000 a game from hospitality at the Etihad.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Spurs are generating a staggering £800,000 in revenue at each home game with an endless choice of suites, restaurants, bars and street-food outlets on stadium concourses.

Based on 19 Premier League games and a minimum of three Champions League group matches, that is an additional income of £17.6million.

To put those sales into perspective, elsewhere Premier League leaders Manchester City admit they do well to bring in £150,000 a game from hospitality at the Etihad.
Nah, don't like it. That £800k must be coming out of the pockets of the local businesses. If everybody eats and drinks in the stadium then N17 becomes a ghost town, I would think quite a few boozers rely on match day income to keep trading, it is tough these days. When all the local drinking establishments close down then the New Lane becomes like a fucking shopping mall, I fucking hate fucking shopping malls, they are the same, exactly the fucking same all over the world. I have been in malls in 4 continents and fuck knows how many countries and once you're inside you could be anywhere, the lack of choice is the same. Will the New Lane be like that? Yes it will, I have spoken and I am the Voice Of Reason. Or, on the other hand maybe it won't, the shiney novelty will wear off, the high prices will bite and everybody will want to go back to a proper boozer - but they will all have shut down so they will be fucked, should have listened to me, soppy cunts.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Nah, don't like it. That £800k must be coming out of the pockets of the local businesses. If everybody eats and drinks in the stadium then N17 becomes a ghost town, I would think quite a few boozers rely on match day income to keep trading, it is tough these days. When all the local drinking establishments close down then the New Lane becomes like a fucking shopping mall, I fucking hate fucking shopping malls, they are the same, exactly the fucking same all over the world. I have been in malls in 4 continents and fuck knows how many countries and once you're inside you could be anywhere, the lack of choice is the same. Will the New Lane be like that? Yes it will, I have spoken and I am the Voice Of Reason. Or, on the other hand maybe it won't, the shiney novelty will wear off, the high prices will bite and everybody will want to go back to a proper boozer - but they will all have shut down so they will be fucked, should have listened to me, soppy cunts.
This correspondent can report that the establishments outside the ground are doing a roaring trade at present. Pubs, bars,restaurants and cafes are all full. It’s a win win so far.....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This correspondent can report that the establishments outside the ground are doing a roaring trade at present. Pubs, bars,restaurants and cafes are all full. It’s a win win so far.....
I am pleased, but I wonder where that £800k is coming from, maybe it's magic unicorn Brexit money?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I am pleased, but I wonder where that £800k is coming from, maybe it's magic unicorn Brexit money?
25,000 ‘new’ fans.....there are a lot of kids coming as well with Mums or Dads. Levy’s master stroke is pricing the booze correctly, not ripping people off.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
25,000 ‘new’ fans.....there are a lot of kids coming as well with Mums or Dads. Levy’s master stroke is pricing the booze correctly, not ripping people off.
Oh get a room with Danny will you? Levy not ripping people off is one of them oxi-doodahs.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Oh get a room with Danny will you? Levy not ripping people off is one of them oxi-doodahs.
Ha ha ha yeah fair comment, I’m missing the bigger picture there!!

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Can a moderator edit the title of this thread by putting "champions League final" after the question mark

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If you havent been and want a taste of the concourses and what they can generate (atmosphere&money) have a look.Also most pubs in the high road had to lock people out,so everyone had a good day financially.This support and what they put in the clubs coffers deserves some spending on transfers eh!
I am sure @River can back up what it was like.