By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Aston Villa (A) PL Sun 16th Feb 14:00

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Villa.jpg

We haven't had a Premier League winning run bigger than 2 since February 2019! Really, it is true, so fucking bad. This game will make 3 on the bounce and could get us right up the back door of the chavs. Villa are really bad and losing this would be a crime.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
C'mon you Spurs, let's smash this. They've got a League cup final to worry about so will want to avoid any injuries, alternatively they'll play Jack Grealish's socks off to get a place in the Cup final team. Either way if we turn up, start fast with plenty of energy and desire we can win this easily. We need that to kick on for the second half of this season. Let's hope Maureen has a full squad to pick from and that Dele isn't banned for his Coronavirus 'joke'. A fully fit squad should beat Villa everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's, which is lucky, because we only need to do it once at 2.00pm. Spurs win this 4-1 maybe 4-2.
Lloris
Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies
Winks, Lo Celso
Moura, Dele, Bergwijn
Son

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Think we'll do enough to win it but I don't think it'll be a walk in the Villa park! Hope we can score a few and be solid at the back but my head says a tight 0-1 win....I'd take it now if I'm honest.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Looking forward to seeing Grealish for a full 90 mins.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If the FA ban Dele then they are cunts. It was a joke and he probably should have, like everyone else in the world, not shared it with the other morons on social media. If it is in his contract with he club or the FA that he can not post insensitive bollocks then fair enough, otherwise what the fuck has it got to do with his job as a footballer? I have read some total bollocks about how Dele's joke was racist - people need to engage the thinking part of their brain, engage their sense of humour mode and shut the fuck up - especially on the laughingly titled 'social' media.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Mrs D has told me that Dele posted his video to his mates on something called Snapshat and one of those scoundrels released it to the world. If this is true then the FA's case against him is even less than the fuck-all it would be if he had Twatted it to the zombies who live their lives in the strange world of social media.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bobby Madley.... they are risk averse, PC brigade, whoppers who's first thought would be IPR and any reputational damage.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Lo Celso doesn’t start, dier in his place, N’Dombele also on the bench with Jan, first start back for Davies.

good luck lads

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Lo Celso not starting worries me in terms of creativity but he must be favouring Dier to try and stop Grealish ....nevertheless, if we play like we can, we take 3 points here...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ermmmmm that wasnt in the script.

Grelish is already ripping Serge to shreds. Serge will be lucky to finish the game be it as a result of bookings or being subbed.

Lloris is a nightmare right now.

2nd to the ball all over the park with 15 mins gone.

Looks like they've had a refreshing break and were exactly as we were.

Performances like this are not good enough to finish anywhere near the top 6 imo...

We need a catalyst to start playing.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Need Lo Celso on the pitch...Dier and Winks are anonymous.....Aurier's a liability....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
PIIIINNGGGG...

Redemption... they are still slicing throughout defence way too easy.... that's probably why Dier is there.

Theres more goals in this for us as they have been half caught on the break/in possession and weve squandered the chance.

Lloris is trying way too hard, hes making crazy decissions.

That's defence is not a cohesive unit one bit. Again I ask what ate we working on in training.... this shift is paramount to build a solid foundation.

Grealish is worth a punt tou know... he is keen as fuck and on the ball can make things happen from anywhere on the field

Their fans hav been utterly fantastic so far....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Right, OK, that first half was.... I don't know what it was but it was exciting! Villa could have had 4 or 5 in the first 20 minutes, but we might be getting better - or not. What a goal from Toby and Sonny was lucky after that pathetic penalty shuffle bollocks, but it will do nicely. Not a good game to play a couple of days before a CL tie, the poor little soldiers will be knackered and sore. No idea how the 2nd half will go.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Finished the half strong.... started it like fucking shit....

We cant play anyone half tilt anymore becuse we ain't good enough at half tilt...

Oh and it's worth a mention that the Ref, this far been great...

Bergewin looks quality the more I watch him he looks on another level to what we have out there most weeks.

Theres still more goals in this.

It was an exciting 45.

COYS.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Lloris is a fucking clown....

To be fair Toby has been done a treat there..... but lloris needs to command his fucking area.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If we dont put one of these chances away soon they'll nick one....

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
The marking at corners is fucking woeful....They're getting free headers in 6 yards out.. anyway...the points are there for us if the players step up here..

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Reina has been phenomenal... mom performance so far.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What are the odds for a Sege Pen in the last 5 mins.....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What the fuck? That was a great game to watch and I feel sorry for Villa - a little bit. That game was always going to be decided in the last half a minute, the only question was 'which side will score?'. Wow, just wow!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
That was fun. It would be generous to say we deserved it, but I kind of had a feeling as it went into stoppage time that one team or the other would grab the three points. Looked pretty good going forward--Bergwijn looks an excellent signing.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
For me when he settled, Dier did ok but JLC looks to move us forwards and recycle the ball so much quicker than anyone else we have right now. He has to be the player to build around in the middle. To me he seems to be what Lamella promised but ultimately never fully delivered... I'm discounting Fat Moose until he gets fit.

I'd take Reina and Grealish in a heartbeat btw.... they were both fantastic and also the lad who went off, their right winger... he has serious pace and knows what to do with the ball when he hits the byline.

Toby and Hugo need to have a good long chat.... it seems like both are struggling for confidence and trying to do stuff they shouldn't be doing or just doing nothing through poor communication.

Referee was fuking quality today imo and their fans were top top class.