By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bale - would you have him back?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dembele is soooooo unique. Strong as Wanyama, as technical as Deli, positioning as good as Dire, pace of Mertesaker...!!!

To get another player like him is the absolute dream but in all honesty they don't come about that often. If he was fit more often, he'd have been ripped from our grasp way back... am I crushing on him a bit?

The way we play we can set up with Victor and Dire and not loose too much, But Dembele is kinda a blend of the two meaning we can free up another option if he is fit...

I think if his hip is gonna be a cunt forever we need to plan without him... or clone him, either or.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Although both very different players to Dembele there is half a chance his long term succesor could be Winks or dsre I say Onomah if he comes back on good form, although Onomahis more of a long shot.
Onomah is already in the till mate,keeeerching !!
Be amazed if he came back and played regular for us,but then amazing things happen nowadays.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Onomah is already in the till mate,keeeerching !!
Be amazed if he came back and played regular for us,but then amazing things happen nowadays.
He's only 'on loan' at Villa isn't he? and getting great reviews I'm told.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He's only 'on loan' at Villa isn't he? and getting great reviews I'm told.
yeah,but with Poch it has been out on loan,out of club eventually.TBH its a different level villa in a league down and fighting for the title with us nowadays.Dembele,dier,wanyama,winks all ahead when it comes to the deeper midfield spot they say josh is best at.I`m not hopefully for him with us I have to say.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
yeah,but with Poch it has been out on loan,out of club eventually.TBH its a different level villa in a league down and fighting for the title with us nowadays.Dembele,dier,wanyama,winks all ahead when it comes to the deeper midfield spot they say josh is best at.I`m not hopefully for him with us I have to say.
No, you're probably right Lewis Holtby syndrome, looked good at a lesser club. poch has tries him a fair few times as well, but from memory it was always in the number 10 role or similar. we'll see....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No, you're probably right Lewis Holtby syndrome, looked good at a lesser club. poch has tries him a fair few times as well, but from memory it was always in the number 10 role or similar. we'll see....
Yeah he played wide left or higher in midfield,I guess where its less damaging,though hasnt stopped winks jumping right in,he was coming on as sub with 15 mins to go in big matches,onomah just never got that trust.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yeah he played wide left or higher in midfield,I guess where its less damaging,though hasnt stopped winks jumping right in,he was coming on as sub with 15 mins to go in big matches,onomah just never got that trust.
That's the issue really I think, trust. I do remember Poch bigging him up not too long ago and asaying his place will be in centre mid but we were in a title race at the time and no other comps so he just didn't get any games. I think you could be right with him being gone but also don't think it a forgone conclusion just yet. His performance at England u21 have been good as I remember and he's looking too good for the Championship at the moment,but is too good for the Championship good enough for title run in, maybe not.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That's the issue really I think, trust. I do remember Poch bigging him up not too long ago and asaying his place will be in centre mid but we were in a title race at the time and no other comps so he just didn't get any games. I think you could be right with him being gone but also don't think it a forgone conclusion just yet. His performance at England u21 have been good as I remember and he's looking too good for the Championship at the moment,but is too good for the Championship good enough for title run in, maybe not.
Thats where we are at now,yes chelsea,city,united should,could do more with youngsters,but we had little to lose before,we do now.So more caution is/will be used when trying kids,but Winks has proved if you really do have it,Poch will pick you.Maybe Onomah needed/needs a longer run of games to get into it?,not finishing 5th or 6th anymore its so much harder patience wise unless like at newcastle and KWP options are so limited.We have so many midfielders,hell we have lamela out for a year,wanyama out so far this season,and a top top player like Son still isnt a guaranteed starter.No doubt if he excels at villa he may get a chance still,would be nice,but I remember that other great championship lad we had out on loan,Pritchard.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Thats where we are at now,yes chelsea,city,united should,could do more with youngsters,but we had little to lose before,we do now.So more caution is/will be used when trying kids,but Winks has proved if you really do have it,Poch will pick you.Maybe Onomah needed/needs a longer run of games to get into it?,not finishing 5th or 6th anymore its so much harder patience wise unless like at newcastle and KWP options are so limited.We have so many midfielders,hell we have lamela out for a year,wanyama out so far this season,and a top top player like Son still isnt a guaranteed starter.No doubt if he excels at villa he may get a chance still,would be nice,but I remember that other great championship lad we had out on loan,Pritchard.
Agree mate, but if/when ge returns from loan it'll be a new season coming up with us in 3 domestic cups and most likely CL too. If Dembele is fucked by end of the season then he may be needed for lesser games which is where if he gets kept on he'll have to prove himself.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Just realised we've turned a Bale thread into an Onomah/Winks/who could replace Dembele discussion.... I'd get a warning in years gone by in places in other galaxies, far far from here.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
If he comes back to England the only thing he will be starring in is holby city the crocked cunt

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I would.

Like many above, for a reasonable price & wages (ie <60M & <150K/week).

A few other points.
He's still in his prime years (athletically & financially) yet he's injury plagued.
This affects his earning power (getting that last big contract).
Having said that, he's already made tons while at Madrid. Won 3 CL medals & a La Liga Title, Supercopa de Espana, Copa Del Rey,, & a couple of UEFA Super Cups & FIFA Club World Cups.

He's done what he can there AND more importantly, RM may feel they are done with him.
So if he forgoes the big money & wishes to prove himself as not being damaged goods, what better place to go or come back to?
There's been plenty of talk amongst pundits of him coming back & that with him Spurs could be put over the top. I believe that & he may too.

If he were to come back here, could you imagine the reception? Just like when VDV left Madrid & came here to be that catalyst. That extra special something. I believe that these kinds of 'marquee' players are within our means to attract to the club.

If there is an imbalance in his lower back as @Glenjamin mentioned, I have faith in our staff to sort it out. Our injuries have been greatly reduced since MP & his regime have moved in. Players are stronger, fitter, & faster with less time spent off the field & in the physio room. Though I do find it interesting that now that we are at Wembley, our injuries have spiked slightly.

I mean, it's exciting enough to see our current players walking out into NWHL. But to have Bale too...

I think he's a level headed guy who wouldn't come back here with a Messiah Complex.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I would.

Like many above, for a reasonable price & wages (ie <60M & <150K/week).

A few other points.
He's still in his prime years (athletically & financially) yet he's injury plagued.
This affects his earning power (getting that last big contract).
Having said that, he's already made tons while at Madrid. Won 3 CL medals & a La Liga Title, Supercopa de Espana, Copa Del Rey,, & a couple of UEFA Super Cups & FIFA Club World Cups.

He's done what he can there AND more importantly, RM may feel they are done with him.
So if he forgoes the big money & wishes to prove himself as not being damaged goods, what better place to go or come back to?
There's been plenty of talk amongst pundits of him coming back & that with him Spurs could be put over the top. I believe that & he may too.

If he were to come back here, could you imagine the reception? Just like when VDV left Madrid & came here to be that catalyst. That extra special something. I believe that these kinds of 'marquee' players are within our means to attract to the club.

If there is an imbalance in his lower back as @Glenjamin mentioned, I have faith in our staff to sort it out. Our injuries have been greatly reduced since MP & his regime have moved in. Players are stronger, fitter, & faster with less time spent off the field & in the physio room. Though I do find it interesting that now that we are at Wembley, our injuries have spiked slightly.

I mean, it's exciting enough to see our current players walking out into NWHL. But to have Bale too...

I think he's a level headed guy who wouldn't come back here with a Messiah Complex.
Yeah, yeah, yeah - but he's Welsh innit? We've already got one taff, I've been to Wales , North fucking Wales where the old blokes pretend they can't talk Ingerlish and they talk about you making those noises that sound like a cat being sick and putting 800 'l's in a word and pronouncing it like ccccchhhhhh, do we really want two of them in our side. Everyone knows I'm not xenophobic but that doesn't apply to pikeys and Welch geezers does it? Surely not.

C

Canadaspur

Player in Training.
This was in the click bait media today.....which begs the question would we have him back, if we could afford it. Let's also assume that Poch, the new training regime, and medical staff at Spurs would keep him fit most of the time...Brilliant player, and I think Poch would get even more out of him because Poch would be the best coach he's ever had. He's only 28 so......

Real Madrid have lowered their asking price for winger Gareth Bale after the Welshman’s injury-ridden start to the season. Bale, 28, was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United last summer but Madrid failed to sign Monaco ace Kylian Mbappe and opted to stick with the Wales international.

The forward became the most expensive player in the world when he moved to the Bernabeu for £87.5million in 2013 but injuries have tormented his time in Spain.

Bale has played just nine of Madrid’s 19 matches this term and was on course for a return later this month from his latest calf injury. However, Bale suffered a setback earlier this week and his return has been postponed by a month.

854249166.jpg

Jose Mourinho was heavily interested in Bale last summer and United would have been willing to break the £100m barrier to sign the former Spurs man. Madrid are now said to be regretting their decision to stick with Bale and have lost patience with him following his latest injury setback, according to AS.

That has seen Los Blancos drop their asking price for Bale and they believe they could only recoup around £62-69m if he were to be sold next summer. While that’s a considerable drop on Bale’s value last summer, Madrid are likely to still see value in the deal for a player that’s missed nearly 60% of matches since moving to Spain.
If we could get him for around 12 million

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If we could get him for around 12 million
What difference what that make? This 'we' people talk about is Levy's Buyrite corporation - there is a shit load of money sloshing around there, there must be an underspend of several hundred million in the budget for the last 5 years, so why would 'we' not spend £100m instead of £12m?

If he is good enough, fit enough and would make a positive contribution then the transfer fee is not important.The wages he gets could be important, upsetting the other players by paying him 3 times what they are getting would be daft and there is no way that the evil tight bastard Levy will pay what the other 'big clubs' are paying to all our geezers.

V

voice

Player in Training.
I am not sure - about wanting Bale. One of the reasons Real Madrid want to get rid of him is because of his injuries. Secondly, could we or would we pay his wages? Granted, he said he would take a pay cut, but even half his wages could cause problems.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I wannted Bale back a season or so ago, now I'm not so sure. We would have to have some serious injury prone assessment done. Not sure about his pace, but think that still exists and if we could work out a wage deal that keeps the whole dressing room happy, then he could be the solution that Poch has been looking for on the left wing...inspite of him being neither French or black, ha ha ha.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I wannted Bale back a season or so ago, now I'm not so sure. We would have to have some serious injury prone assessment done. Not sure about his pace, but think that still exists and if we could work out a wage deal that keeps the whole dressing room happy, then he could be the solution that Poch has been looking for on the left wing...inspite of him being neither French or black, ha ha ha.
Is Welch not the same as French? I was in Welchland yesterday, our flight to Lanazorote was £300 cheaper each than from Birmingham or Gatwick, I am not surprised because Cardiff is pony, but all those quids, those lovely, lovely quids! One thing did piss me off big time, you have to pay £6.70 to get over the bridge, and they talk funny.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Is Welch not the same as French? I was in Welchland yesterday, our flight to Lanazorote was £300 cheaper each than from Birmingham or Gatwick, I am not surprised because Cardiff is pony, but all those quids, those lovely, lovely quids! One thing did piss me off big time, you have to pay £6.70 to get over the bridge, and they talk funny.
£300 is a lot of San Miguel and anchovies

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Think one thing about bale at the minute is he would be the driving force behind a return to form for the team. When fit he can dominate single handedly.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Gets broke too often in a weak league with half a dozen rough games a season.

He's keep the physios going that's for sure.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Would take him if he was under £30 million and it didn't require us to sell or trade anyone in return.

Actually I take that back. Would do trade deal if it included Sissoko.

Other than that I would buy him as a squad player.

Wonder what type of wage cut he would consider though?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Would take him if he was under £30 million and it didn't require us to sell or trade anyone in return.

Actually I take that back. Would do trade deal if it included Sissoko.

Sadly Birdy, if you include Sissoko, then Bale's asking price goes up significantly.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
How much do you guys reckon Bale in his current state is worth? Just curious...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
How much do you guys reckon Bale in his current state is worth? Just curious...
well in the hands of a good medical team that could get say 30 games a year out of him and in a squad like ours around £60m but he'd want silly wages on top and he's settled in Spain (I think). If he came back, we have first refusal (I think) but Levy would refuse those wages because of dressing room unrest. We could afford the £60-£80m.