By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Barcelona CL (H) Weds 3rd Oct 2018 20.00 bst

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We won 3 in a row,they havent won in 3 ,easy easy..........

They rested Messi on saturday,we rested dele,eriksen,lloris,subbed Jan and Mousa at HT to rest them,injured?? nah Poch just playing mind games ahead of the game.

Best I can do is hope the crowd on a european evening lifts the team to a Real beating performance like last year,so many missing players and we need the points for sure.All I can do is pray for revenge against the butchers of 82.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Oh the irony....I will be in Barcelona on Wednesday night, coming towards the end of a motorbike tour, would much rather be at Wembley and hoping for the same result as Madrid last year. It’s possible, anything is but much harder if the likes of Eriksen and Dele don’t make it. Big one for Poch, let’s hope that Erik and Sonny can support Harry and we keep it tight at the back. If also put you g Harry Winks on Mr Messi all night....wherever he goes you go and all that.

I’d like to think 2-1 Spurs but honestly it could be anything either way. Close down their threats like we did last year and we have a perfectly good chance. Hard work required.

Good luck lads

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham must beat Barcelona in the Champions League at Wembley on Wednesday, says Spurs defender Danny Rose.

Tottenham lost 2-1 at Inter Milan in their opening game after conceding twice in the last five minutes.

"We're all bitterly disappointed from how the Milan game finished," said Rose.

"We have to win. We're fully aware of that. We've proved that we can do it. At the minute we're winning ugly."

Defeat by Inter was Spurs' third in a row, but they have since won three successive games to climb to fourth in the Premier League and reach the Carabao Cup fourth round.

Spanish champions Barcelona have taken only two points from their past three games in La Liga, having salvaged a point with a late equaliser at home to Athletic Bilbao on Saturday.

They beat PSV 4-0 in their Champions League opener this month, when Lionel Messi scored a record eighth hat-trick in the competition.

Barcelona won their most recent Champions League title at Wembley in 2011.

Spurs will be without midfielder Dele Alli, who has a recurring hamstring problem.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino said he may rest some players after Saturday's 2-0 win at Huddersfield.

Jan Vertonghen and Moussa Dembele, who were taken off at half-time, will be assessed for muscular injuries.

"In the Premier League it is very tough and physical," said Pochettino. "We had to make a few changes during the Huddersfield game but football is about the squad.

"We need to make sure every player feels important."

Harry Winks and Victor Wanyama, who came on at half-time at the John Smith's Stadium, could start against Barcelona.

MATCH FACTS
  • Barcelona have lost just one of their last 11 Champions League matches against English clubs (W8 D2). However they are without a win in their last two visits to England in the competition (D1 L1),a 1-1 draw with Chelsea last season and a 3-1 defeat at Manchester City in 2016/17.
  • This will be only the third ever match between Tottenham Hotspur and Barcelona, and the first since April 1982 in the semi-finals of the Cup Winners' Cup, which Barcelona won 2-1 on aggregate.
  • Spurs won all three home games in last season's Champions League group stage, scoring three goals in each match.
  • Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has won only once in nine previous meetings with Barcelona as a manager in all competitions (D3 L5),all with former club Espanyol.
  • Away from home, Barcelona have won just one of their last seven Champions League games (D3 L3),a 1-0 win over Portuguese side Sporting CP in last season's group stage.
  • Spurs have only drawn one of their 12 home games in the Champions League (W7 D1 L4),with that coming back in March 2011 against AC Milan (0-0).
  • Harry Kane has scored nine goals in 11 Champions League appearances, however only 33% of those have come at home (3/9).
  • Barcelona's Argentine forward Lionel Messi has scored more goals (20) and provided more assists (6) against English clubs in the Champions League than against sides from any other nation.
  • Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has been directly involved in six goals in his last three appearances against Tottenham in all competitions (four goals, two assists),all with Liverpool in the Premier League between March 2013 and March 2014.
  • Gerard Pique could make his 100th Champions League appearance, becoming the 10th Spaniard to reach this landmark. In fact, more Spanish players have played 100+ games in the Champions League than any other nationality.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I wish we didn't have this horrible injury situation, but I still think we can win this. Blah blah blah, Messi, blah, blah. I don't think there's a real talent gap there. I think the stadium will be rocking and they will have a much harder time than they probably expect. 2-1 to the Mighty Spurs. Of course I reserve the right to revise my pick should we be thoroughly thrashed.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I wish we didn't have this horrible injury situation, but I still think we can win this. Blah blah blah, Messi, blah, blah. I don't think there's a real talent gap there. I think the stadium will be rocking and they will have a much harder time than they probably expect. 2-1 to the Mighty Spurs. Of course I reserve the right to revise my pick should we be thoroughly thrashed.
reports hugo and eriksen back for weds,hope its true.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Repeat performance from big Vic?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DobwS9BXkAEmGAU.jpg

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Anyone who is a member or STH can get tickets and I have a spare as a mate can no longer go .

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Anyone who is a member or STH can get tickets and I have a spare as a mate can no longer go .
someone put one on ebay,we bid it up to £69k.it had the seat,row and block in the picture,i would guess if he had a ST,its probably gone now,blatant ripping off fans,hope he gets what he deserves.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs injury news: Lloris (thigh) – available for selection. Vorm (knee) – to return to training this week. Dele (hamstring),Serge Aurier (thigh),Mousa Dembele (thigh),Christian Eriksen (abdomen),Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) – will not be available before international break.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Doesn't leave us a lot of options. Screw it. We're at home and we're weakened so we might as well go for it. Play all the attackers and leave Dier on the bench. Also play Rose. 7-6 to the boys in white.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I don't think it's unfair to say we will do well to get anything from the game given the injuries we're stacking up. If we do get something, and after the Milan capitulation we really don't need another defeat, then I don't think I'll ever doubt us again. Think we might need to concentrate on the league and a cup this season. Who knows. Surprise me Spurs.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Lots of injuries for us but they haven't been at their best either as of late. It's the CL and anything can happen but whoever plays is gonna have to be at their best today. Got a feeling today is the day people will really start to love Lamela. Off to work now for a few hours just to try and make tomorrow a but easier for me then I'm leaving at 1 this afternoon. COYS!!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Definitely true to suggest that Barca haven’t had the best of starts to their season, looking particularly vulnerable at the back but they’re still top, albeit on GD. I guess there are parallels to be drawn with when we played Madrid at Wembley last season, they also hadn’t got off to the best of starts.

Slightly concerned by our injuries, especially Moussa & Eriksen being out but we still have a team capable of causing them problems. What we can’t do is piss around with the ball too much at the back, they’re so good at closing down and pinning you in at the back, that constantly giving the ball away, could make it a very tough watch. I do worry about the CM area but we’ll see. C’mon boys let’s get this cl campaign back on track and banish the memories of Inter.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Definitely true to suggest that Barca haven’t had the best of starts to their season, looking particularly vulnerable at the back but they’re still top, albeit on GD. I guess there are parallels to be drawn with when we played Madrid at Wembley last season, they also hadn’t got off to the best of starts.

Slightly concerned by our injuries, especially Moussa & Eriksen being out but we still have a team capable of causing them problems. What we can’t do is piss around with the ball too much at the back, they’re so good at closing down and pinning you in at the back, that constantly giving the ball away, could make it a very tough watch. I do worry about the CM area but we’ll see. C’mon boys let’s get this cl campaign back on track and banish the memories of Inter.
In a way leaving them out until after cardiff helps,surely they wont go to belgium/denmark and effectively have 3 weeks off,which is needed.same for dele and jan.
Trying to look on the brightside here!!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Should have put a bet on a Hugo mistake. Had a feeling he would make a ridiculous decision

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Game's far from over at 2-nil--their defenders have a mistake in them--but we look wide open when they win the ball back.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Sanchez and Winks have been exposed here. Lamela is working his arse off, as is Moura.

Reality is that we have been completely outclassed so far.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fuck awful ref, but they are a level (or two) above us I think. There have been some 'nearly moments', with a bit of luck and the ref deciding to stop being a biased cunt then we could have a chance in the second half, a small chance, but you don't not never ever know do you?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Have we ever been outplayed this badly at home in the Poch era? Can't remember any.