By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Boxing...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
He didnt lick his blood....

He was taunting him yeah, but nothing more than that.

I will agree that the pre match bullshit was wat OTT. Being carried in on a throne and that black megatron outfit was absurd...

I though it was a good fight and they were both clinging on all the way from round 2 when Tyson effectively stopped him.

Wilder didnt have an answer to Fury and looked like he wasn't in the condition he needed to be in to compete.

I initially slammed Fury as an embarrassment to boxing when some hugevfat hypo arrived on the scene but he has dragged his arse out of some dark places and come out the other side an undefeated champion. Props to him and he boxed (excuse the pun) the ears off Wilder tonight.

Him and AJ will be a monster UK fight, probably at the Lane.

Well done to Fury and the post match sing song was funny as fuck.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
He didnt lick his blood....
Yeah he did. He's a thug fighter not a boxer. If you enjoy watching fighting then OK, I prefer watching the sport of boxing, trying to call that bullshit boxing is beyond me.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm literally watching it now.... he didnt.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I'm literally watching it now.... he didnt.
I literally watched it live - he did, literally. If you do one of them Google things you will see that the Sun, Express, Independent, every sport website and newspaper - and me, says he did, because he did.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I literally watched it live - he did, literally. If you do one of them Google things you will see that the Sun, Express, Independent, every sport website and newspaper - and me, says he did, because he did.

Yeah, dunno. I have watched it a few times and would say he didn't. It looked more like taunting to me...but I have been wrong before. I think the media hyped the incident because it sells papers or gets eyeballs or whatever.

As to Fury, I think he is a sensational personality and a clearly fabulous heavyweight boxer (or fighter, as you put it). It is a credit to him that he has been able to drag himself out of some pretty dark places. I watched the fight here in Australia with my brother at a pub. There would have been over a thousand people in the house and not one of them supporting the American, who seems like a one-trick pony to me. I don't think that Wilder should have exercised the rematch option. I doubt he will go any closer to beating Fury next time in.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I watched the fight and also the Tyson Fury documentary thing episode 1 last night on TV. Firstly 'the fight' - in my view he did what he needed to do to win. which I think means he dominated the centre of the ring, engaged in a lot of grappling to keep away from Wilder's right hand, and managed on a couple of occasions to land a punch, one of which was behind DW's ear. He definitely did or at least attempted to the licking blood thing, I think as a show of who was boss, maybe even a Gypsy thing? if you're comparing the 'fight' to the art of pure boxing, it wasn't that, more a mixture of boxing, wrestling and MMA to some degree. But in my view he did what needed to be done and did it well, only being docked 1 point, which sort of showed that key people including the ref knew what was going on.

As a bloke, I quite like him from what they've chosen to show us on TV. He seems down to earth, caring, loving and proud of his culture - whatever the rest of us may think about it, it's his normal. There seems little doubt he's never very far from the edge and I wonder/fear for what might happen when he retires and doesn't have boxing. I hope he survives.

In a boxing match against AJ don't know who would win? Probably better for the sport if it was AJ, but the fact that Fury got up after those Wilder punches in the first fight was extraordinary.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Mike Tyson coming back at the age of 53, even for an exhibition is a very bad idea.

He is a real legend of the sport not just the division however, let's not forget he was done by Kevin McBride 15 years ago. Stay in and around boxing but out of the ring.

H

Henderson

Player in Training.
Waiting for Loma vs Lopes too much time:p
You can even choose https://topaffbet.com the best bookie app to bet on your favourite.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
AJ was superb last night... he stuck to his game plan keping Pulev at distance with his own range and when the opportunity presented itself absolutely annihilated Pulev with the uppercut.

I thought Pulevs head was gonna pop off his shoulders he got hit so fucking hard. He is a tough guy I will give him that but an AJ knockout in the 7th finished it all off...

We now have to wait and see if the 2 big UK fighters want to end their careers. Because lets face it this is their biggest fight of their careers and after this (and the obligatiry) rematch what else is there for them both.

I want to see it, and I don't as I've enjoyed watching them both progress over the last few years to get to this point and it coming to a head is obviously the end of the journey for at least 1 of them.

Who would win.... well fuck knows that one.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
AJ was superb last night... he stuck to his game plan keping Pulev at distance with his own range and when the opportunity presented itself absolutely annihilated Pulev with the uppercut.

I thought Pulevs head was gonna pop off his shoulders he got hit so fucking hard. He is a tough guy I will give him that but an AJ knockout in the 7th finished it all off...

We now have to wait and see if the 2 big UK fighters want to end their careers. Because lets face it this is their biggest fight of their careers and after this (and the obligatiry) rematch what else is there for them both.

I want to see it, and I don't as I've enjoyed watching them both progress over the last few years to get to this point and it coming to a head is obviously the end of the journey for at least 1 of them.

Who would win.... well fuck knows that one.

I was a bit surprised the ref didn't stop the fight in the 3rd round, but after the Okolie fight it was obvious they were going to let boxers get right fucked up for the telly last night. OK, Pulev got it together and recovered but the fight should have been stopped much earlier. AJ was good, very good.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I was a bit surprised the ref didn't stop the fight in the 3rd round, but after the Okolie fight it was obvious they were going to let boxers get right fucked up for the telly last night. OK, Pulev got it together and recovered but the fight should have been stopped much earlier. AJ was good, very good.
Fury will be a much more awkward opponent though, with a game plan like he had against Wilder. Make no mistake Fury is strong and determined and he’s not stupid. He may smother Joshua. Tough one to call.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fury will be a much more awkward opponent though, with a game plan like he had against Wilder. Make no mistake Fury is strong and determined and he’s not stupid. He may smother Joshua. Tough one to call.
I always fall back on he`s a gooner from watford,so if he gets battered I have that to fall back on.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Thats where I'm at... Fury can mix it up however he needs to in order to win... AJ has shown he can stick to a game plan...

If AJ can adapt to what Fury does then I think AJ has the power to hurt him. If Fury is able to keep changing it up and mess up AJ's plan the maybe Fury can wear him down and hurt him...

I don't think we will see the top boys go straight out and trade blows... I think we will see a point match with a few wobbles here and there...

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
AJ was class, but the best fight last night was the main event of UFC256, such a better fight sport in my opinion

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I find both sports absolutely brutal.... but UFC is scary. I get why its popular but I think most people haven't had a proper fight or tare up in their lives and don't understand what damage can be done. I'm sure at the top level its safer.... but even so, its hideously brutal.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Keep an eye on the Aussie at 154, Tim Tszyu. His father was one of the greatest fighters of all time and the son is now a serious player in the division. His brutal first round knockout in a world-title eliminator this week was scary.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Keep an eye on the Aussie at 154, Tim Tszyu. His father was one of the greatest fighters of all time and the son is now a serious player in the division. His brutal first round knockout in a world-title eliminator this week was scary.

Impressive.
Honestly, hadn't heard of him nor his dad.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Canelo v Smith fight last night was a masterclass in boxing. Canelo is the very doodahs of the dog. He was like
a shark circling his prey, credit to Smith for a good match right until the final bell, but on my scorecard he only won 2 out of 12 rounds. No gobby bollocks, brawling or cheating, just proper boxers doing sport. All last night's fights were top quality.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Impressive.
Honestly, hadn't heard of him nor his dad.

You haven’t heard of Kostya Tszyu?

He’s one of very few to have unified the title at his weight class. He was done by the time Ricky Hatton took his belt(s) but is regarded at a top 5 fighter all-time in his division.

Watch this...right at the end of round 2 against the undefeated Zab Judah to unify the world title about 20 years ago. Kostya was probably the greatest power puncher at that weight in history. And watch what happens afterwards...it’s brilliant.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
You haven’t heard of Kostya Tszyu?

He’s one of very few to have unified the title at his weight class. He was done by the time Ricky Hatton took his belt(s) but is regarded at a top 5 fighter all-time in his division.

Watch this...right at the end of round 2 against the undefeated Zab Judah to unify the world title about 20 years ago. Kostya was probably the greatest power puncher at that weight in history. And watch what happens afterwards...it’s brilliant.

Thanks for that.
He not only can hit, he can take a punch as well.
He was constantly moving forward & chocking the ring off.

Wish we played like that.