By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Burnley - A (PL) 17:30 Sat 23rd December 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-12-23-Burnley-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

Tough game! Burnley are doing really well, they have only let in 3 goals at home this season so we will need to huff and puff to blow their house down. We haven't won away in the Premiership for years, well since the Huddersfield game in September so we need to restart our winning streak or we will have to put up with the Poch Out bowlicks all over again. Liverpool and or Arsenal will drop points this weekend so it will be nice to cash in on that.

The important thing is that we don't get uppity. Our players must remain un-uppity and we as fans should not even be a little bit uppity. The first rule is - don't be uppity.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Big chance to improve our stats vs teams in the top 6 eh!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ha ha What I really want is a non-Uppity performance, an instant reaction to the Uppity performance against City, where Kane and Dele nearly got red cards for Uppitiness.

Difficult game again and any win will suit us down to the ground. Big Eric saved us last year, maybe it's time for little Argentinian Erik this time around. Either way it's going to be tight or it isn't. I thought Huddersfield away would be tight and it wasn't. Let's show a bit of fight, commitment and get the ball to Harry, because he'll score. There's nothing to fear just their good defence (and Burnley corners). We'll win this 2-0 and go back up to 4th if that's possible, or at least we'll go back above Burnley....and I'll be right Uppity if we lose.

J

Jamaica_spursfans

Player in Training.
I actually see the opposite, think the game will start tight take a 1 lead going into half time, then 2nd half totally out play them and win 3-0

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I actually see the opposite, think the game will start tight take a 1 lead going into half time, then 2nd half totally out play them and win 3-0
I'm very happy to be wrong if your scenario is right.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
TEAM NEWS: @HarryWinks misses out this evening at Turf Moor with a minor ankle problem.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Great game of football. Need to convert some of these chances, not just today, but generally. Ref spot on with both decisions. Need same intensity and a bit of Lamela aggro in the second half. I'd be disappointed now if we didn't take all three points, but it's only half time. Come on boys keep this going, great to watch when we play with that commitment.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Played some really good stuff today, utterly ridiculous how we’re not at least 3 up. For the love of God, pls don’t let it be one of those games.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What a great game of football. Loved Dele's feistiness, Kane is simply a sublime player, we were outstanding for 90 minutes.

Everybody happy again? Body language, transfers, goals, Dier..... Burnley had conceded 3 goals all season at home. We destroyed them and lots of Poch love at the end. if you had to be picky and you don't, Eriksen is not quite back to his best yet and Well played Sissoko.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
walk in the park at a difficult ground for most to go to,we are back !!!Keep our mojo for saints and we are rolling again.Sanchez what a signing and Kane just a true legend.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Well then. I had a good feeling about this one, but wouldn't have foreseen this. It went I guess how you envisioned it when you posted this--they had to come out to get back in the game, and we were very good creating chances. Could've done with a little more ruthlessness in front of goal, but we don't want to use up all of them in the first game of the festive period I suppose.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Can I have the numbers for Tuesday's Euro millions please?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think Mr Dele was a bit lucky. Some refs would have seen the penalty as diving and given him a 2nd yellow, some might have given him a straight red for the tackle, I don't think it was that bad, but I know a lot of refs would have sent him off for it. For my liking he goes down too easily and I don't like it. Was it a dive? Dunno, but he seemed to be going down before any contact and one point of view could be he fell into the tackle rather than the other way round. I don't care how good he is, I don't want to see Spurs players cheating ever, I called out Bale for it and the numpties howled at me, ooooh I was so upset - I will be keeping an eye on this young man.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think Mr Dele was a bit lucky. Some refs would have seen the penalty as diving and given him a 2nd yellow, some might have given him a straight red for the tackle, I don't think it was that bad, but I know a lot of refs would have sent him off for it. For my liking he goes down too easily and I don't like it. Was it a dive? Dunno, but he seemed to be going down before any contact and one point of view could be he fell into the tackle rather than the other way round. I don't care how good he is, I don't want to see Spurs players cheating ever, I called out Bale for it and the numpties howled at me, ooooh I was so upset - I will be keeping an eye on this young man.
He won't change bud not unless the game forces him to change. By that I mean retrospective punishment for offenders.

I'd welcome it to be honest as I don't fucking like it either.

I don't think yesterday's was by any stretch his worst offence in that regard which is the bit that troubles me, he don't look like changing his ways any time soon.

The tackle again was committed and at worst rash. He's done much worse but again I'd rather he did that than pussies out of tackles.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
According to Danny Murphy on MOTD last night he even thought the first yellow was a bit harsh....one footed and going for the ball. The pen everyone including Sean Dyche agreed it was a pen. No cheating involved, althoughbof course it's very subjective and partisan.

Last week Harry Winks would have got a pen at Man City had he gone down...he didn't and we didn't. Who's right?

I don't condone cheating either but there was none yesterday.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
According to Danny Murphy on MOTD last night he even thought the first yellow was a bit harsh....one footed and going for the ball. The pen everyone including Sean Dyche agreed it was a pen. No cheating involved, althoughbof course it's very subjective and partisan.

Last week Harry Winks would have got a pen at Man City had he gone down...he didn't and we didn't. Who's right?

who fouled who ?not quite as clear cut from images,and definatly wasnt worthy of the rolling around from their chap trying to get an opponent sent off,which is exactly what he tried.

DRzHfauXUAE3uZU.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

As I said don't know, nobody does except Dele, for me he goes down too easily, was he cheating? I think he probably was but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The yellow card could have gone either way - maybe he is getting a reputation and the refs don't give him the benefit of the doubt. There were a few occasions when he definitely was fouled and the ref didn't award a free kick, karma, bites your bottom.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
As I said don't know, nobody does except Dele, for me he goes down too easily, was he cheating? I think he probably was but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The yellow card could have gone either way - maybe he is getting a reputation and the refs don't give him the benefit of the doubt. There were a few occasions when he definitely was fouled and the ref didn't award a free kick, karma, bites your bottom.
When he went to ground, everyone watching with me groaned, because they thought that was it. I thought he made a bit much of it, but not the kind of out-and-out simulation we see sometimes (including from him to be honest). It's a bit of a catch-22 really, as there's no way you can get a penalty without going to ground, but Dele was impeded by the defender, and we're rightly saying he fell too easily.

Not sure what to make of Dele recently. Part of me likes the fact that he's got a little needle about him--I think it's needed--but sometimes it seems to get the most of him, and makes him less effective. Then I click over to the club site and see that he's only been booked 3 times all season.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Regarding Dele Alli, he's also only 22 I think. Anyone remember what you were like when you were 22? Anyone in a shop window like he is or under the pressures and expecatation he's under....the context is important.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't remember 22... and iys best that way... for so many reasons.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I dunno, to be honest Dele is a bit of dick. He’s obviously a really good player, but is that enough? If some overseas team came in and offered silly money, i’d be tempted, much as I love him.