By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Burnley (H) PL Sat 7th December 2019 15:00

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursBurnley.jpg

If we are going to achieve the dream of Europa League football next season, we have to win these 'easy' home games. Of course there aren't any easy games in the Premier league, but I would expect us to win this by three goals at least, that will keep the Jomo fannies happy, personally I am sitting on the fence and suffering the splinters on the arse until the end of the season before I judge the new bloke. No, I will wait until the transfer window closes and see if Levy does what he didn't do with Sir Poch and support him with a huge wheelbarrow of wedge, there will be ructions and gnashing of teeth from wossiname if he doesn't and the bridge to finding a long-term manager will collapse.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I guess this will be the 1st true bus we will face under Jose,long ball wont work with this lot.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Has got turgid 0-0 written all over it.

2 of the most boring teams in all of football. This game will be garbage.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Quick passing (preferably to a teammate),lots of movement, high intensity and quick out the traps. Basically everything we’ve been shit at for a while. Oh yeah and I’d love to see Lo Celso and Ndombele start.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Has got turgid 0-0 written all over it.

2 of the most boring teams in all of football. This game will be garbage.
or if we get an early goal, a 5-3 goal fest eh??

I'll be there having collected my Bayern Munich away ticket before the game, I'm such a loyal fan eh? so my opinions count so much more than those who live far far away like North Wales.......now where is my dick measuring thingy?

Just win lads, I know a few of you had a bad game on Wednesday and might be getting tired but come on. Any win will do to be honest and we can'r solely rely on the new signing Dele, get the ball to Harry and Son as well. If Burnley score first then it definitely is park the bus. Eriksen won this game for us last year in the last minute at Wembley. How times have changed eh?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs injury news: No fresh ones. Ben Davies (ankle),Erik Lamela (labia),Hugo Lloris (elbow) and Michel Vorm (calf) all still continuing rehabiltiation.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Hopefully we can keep this one close, This team actually runs which might present us problems. Fortunately they can't pass. But oh, neither can we apparently. Our only hope is long-range shooting, AVB style! Heck, maybe we'll chest in a rebound. Here's hoping!

Oh, and LEVY OUT!

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
As you may know. A young Spurs fan got killed in a deliberate hit and run this week by some scum ball , and so on the 1th minute a round of applause . Cu there Neil and anyone else ?? See you in the Pink Flamingo by 1

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
or if we get an early goal, a 5-3 goal fest eh??

I'll be there having collected my Bayern Munich away ticket before the game, I'm such a loyal fan eh? so my opinions count so much more than those who live far far away like North Wales.......now where is my dick measuring thingy?

Just win lads, I know a few of you had a bad game on Wednesday and might be getting tired but come on. Any win will do to be honest and we can'r solely rely on the new signing Dele, get the ball to Harry and Son as well. If Burnley score first then it definitely is park the bus. Eriksen won this game for us last year in the last minute at Wembley. How times have changed eh?

I’m not sure what that is all about Donny.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Very re
And for those aurally boycotting....

Very revealing about Eriksen. Obviously he told Mourinho he wants to leave, which leaves Jose in a tough spot. Hopefully we sell him in January and get something for him. The other interesting nugget is that he doesn't see Sissoko as being part of a two-man midfield. Well, if he isn't a midfielder, than what the heck is he? He sure as hell isn't a winger or a fullback. I've always felt his best role was in the midfield when we are trying to kill off a game. That's when his endless running actually pays dividends--because it requires no end product to be successful.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Very re

Very revealing about Eriksen. Obviously he told Mourinho he wants to leave, which leaves Jose in a tough spot. Hopefully we sell him in January and get something for him. The other interesting nugget is that he doesn't see Sissoko as being part of a two-man midfield. Well, if he isn't a midfielder, than what the heck is he? He sure as hell isn't a winger or a fullback. I've always felt his best role was in the midfield when we are trying to kill off a game. That's when his endless running actually pays dividends--because it requires no end product to be successful.
Is the idea that Sissoko is our N’golo Kante, I always thought it was?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.

At least that's how I see it. He can hang onto possession and get stuck in and run endlessly. Just the whole shooting and passing thing that does him in.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think he was saying he doesnt really fit into playing the deepest midfield role or even if its two deep midfielders.That was what he means by 6 or double 6.Never heard those expressions before,but traditionally a number 6 isnt a forward midfielder.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Eeerrrmmm hate to be the barer of bad news, but our Kante is big Eric lol.

The truth really is we don't have a Kante, fabinho or Rodrigo type player. We have a whole load of that other guy... The box to box type. They don't perform the same function. Kante sweeps up the mess that happens in front of him. Sissoko, winks and Ndombele are all ball chasers. That's why we kept getting caught out by United. A lot of the time Winks and Sissoko chased the ball, ended up attack side when they should have been defensive side., Thus giving United all the room on earth to do what they wanted.

I've said it before but that's why Liverpool and City are so effective. Fabinho and Rodrigo play like 2 players, freeing the manager to have more attackers in front.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
This team needs a comeback victory with a last minute goal badly

like villa a few seasons ok

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think he was saying he doesnt really fit into playing the deepest midfield role or even if its two deep midfielders.That was what he means by 6 or double 6.Never heard those expressions before,but traditionally a number 6 isnt a forward midfielder.
Dave Mackay? Stevie P? Both 6’s I think neither renown for their goals!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dave Mackay? Stevie P? Both 6’s I think neither renown for their goals!!
you could put 9 on sissoko`s shirt,still wont score 😅
Stevie P actually started as number 8,or so he said at the greaves benefit.Got a bit of stick from spurs fans telling him "you know who`s number you`re wearing" (Greaves).I didnt know that cos he was always number 6 as far as i remember,and i didnt know greaves wore 8,perhaps dorset can confirm?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
you could put 9 on sissoko`s shirt,still wont score 😅
Stevie P actually started as number 8,or so he said at the greaves benefit.Got a bit of stick from spurs fans telling him "you know who`s number you`re wearing" (Greaves).I didnt know that cos he was always number 6 as far as i remember,and i didnt know greaves wore 8,perhaps dorset can confirm?

I object to this.

Sissoko is averaging a goal every two games this week.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Anyone having pre-match beers anywhere?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anyone having pre-match beers anywhere?
Hello mate, I’m in the Brown Eagle opposite the main West stand entrance, wotspur will be in there, and a couple of others, right in the window just inside the door. Blue AIA shirt from 2 seasons ago. See you there? 1.30onwards

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
31 mins

GOAL - Tottenham 3-0 Burnley
Son Heung-min
*Clapping emoji*
Sensational Son, sensational. Think Diego Maradona. Think George Weah. Think Lionel Messi.
The Spurs forward picks the ball up on the EDGE OF HIS OWN AREA and then sticks on the afterburners to slalom through the Burnley defence, laving Claret shirts chasing him like rats following the Pied Piper.
Everything opens up for him, suddenly the goal is right in front of him. And he keeps his cool to slot in the third from 15 yards.