By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Cheating goes unpunished

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
  • a penalty kick is either scored or missed/saved and players cannot follow up to score to stop encroachment into the penalty area

Brilliant! Because everyone keeps breaking a rule, we'll change it. How about just enforcing it?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Brilliant! Because everyone keeps breaking a rule, we'll change it. How about just enforcing it?
Cos they're pussies! They won't mic up the refs like in Rugby so the people who pay their wages can hear what they are saying - because foul language and abuse thrown at refs would be heard, whoopsy, red card offence, but very rarely enforced. They don't enforce their rules about mobbing the ref and whingeing like little girls, they said last season that cards would be shown, were they my bollocks.

How will they define saved? If the keeper fluffs it and comically knocks it into his own net, will it not count? There is nothing wrong with the rules for penalties, a saved penalty pounced on by attackers adds to the excitement, as long as it's not against us of course.

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
Why not just say if a defender sets foot inside the area before the ball is kicked, the goal is given regardless. If an attacker sets foot in the area before the kick is taken, it's disallowed regardless.

If both a defender and attacker enter the area, they both get a good nettle whipping.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
BBC Sport pundits Danny Murphy and Trevor Sinclair are among the 13 former players, managers and officials who will review alleged dives in English football during 2017-18.

Former England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis is the only woman included in the Football Association pool.

A three-person panel - chosen from the 13 - will review footage each Monday to look for cases of simulation.

Players unanimously found guilty will be banned under new rules.

This will only occur in cases where the offending player's team has been awarded a penalty or if an opponent has been sent-off where the act of "deception" led to the dismissal.

The FA says it will act "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived".

Each week's panel, who will also consider cases of feigning injury, will consist of one former player, one former manager and one former match official.

Who is in the 13-person pool?
Former players/managers:

• Nigel Adkins - former Southampton and Reading boss
  • Rachel Brown-Finnis - former England goalkeeper and BBC Radio 5 live pundit
  • Terry Butcher - former England and Ipswich defender
  • Lee Dixon - former Arsenal and England full-back
  • Alex McLeish - former Aberdeen defender and ex-Scotland manager
  • Danny Murphy - former Liverpool and England midfielder
  • Chris Powell - former Charlton and Huddersfield boss
  • Trevor Sinclair - former West Ham United and England winger
Former match officials:

• Keren Barratt
  • Steve Dunn
  • Mike Mullarkey
  • Alan Wiley
  • Eddie Wolstenhome

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
BBC Sport pundits Danny Murphy and Trevor Sinclair are among the 13 former players, managers and officials who will review alleged dives in English football during 2017-18.

Former England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis is the only woman included in the Football Association pool.

A three-person panel - chosen from the 13 - will review footage each Monday to look for cases of simulation.

Players unanimously found guilty will be banned under new rules.

This will only occur in cases where the offending player's team has been awarded a penalty or if an opponent has been sent-off where the act of "deception" led to the dismissal.

The FA says it will act "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived".

Each week's panel, who will also consider cases of feigning injury, will consist of one former player, one former manager and one former match official.

Who is in the 13-person pool?
Former players/managers:

• Nigel Adkins - former Southampton and Reading boss
  • Rachel Brown-Finnis - former England goalkeeper and BBC Radio 5 live pundit
  • Terry Butcher - former England and Ipswich defender
  • Lee Dixon - former Arsenal and England full-back
  • Alex McLeish - former Aberdeen defender and ex-Scotland manager
  • Danny Murphy - former Liverpool and England midfielder
  • Chris Powell - former Charlton and Huddersfield boss
  • Trevor Sinclair - former West Ham United and England winger
Former match officials:

• Keren Barratt
  • Steve Dunn
  • Mike Mullarkey
  • Alan Wiley
  • Eddie Wolstenhome

I'll bet Moses never sees the Chelsea first 11 again!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'll bet Moses never sees the Chelsea first 11 again!
loaded the panel with defenders I see,thats objective for a start then.Dele beware dixon and sinclair they outright hate us!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Mark Noble! How the fuck wasn't that tackle a red card? The ref obviously felt sorry for the pikeys after sending off InOutshakeitallaboutovitch because Noble, Fonte, Zabaleta and Hart all escaped rightful punishment. They were really lucky to finish with 10 men on the pitch. At least they are useful to stop the league table from collapsing, you need a team on the bottom to hold up the other clubs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Blimey,this looks shocking.Looks like live in-play match fixing,the other matches had already finished as this game was winding down.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Blimey,this looks shocking.Looks like live in-play match fixing,the other matches had already finished as this game was winding down.

Nah, didn't look like match fixing, it just looked like they were using the new 'walking football' tactics favoured by Gareth Southgate.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Nah, didn't look like match fixing, it just looked like they were using the new 'walking football' tactics favoured by Gareth Southgate.
How about this one !!Take that donald !!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm sure Trump is devastated. One of the most depressing (but not all that surprising) nights I've had as a fan.
DL4I0IMX4AABatB.jpg:large

Could be worse,think how sanchez feels,if ospina hadnt mistakenly touched that indirect-free kick.........

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Radamel Falcao and Peru midfielder admit discussing playing for a draw during World Cup qualifier

TELEMMGLPICT000143292014_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqT1yghX8zbx7fxQBY89c64eNR4hi1p6nhq_DIeHOPa6I.jpeg

Radamel Falcao celebrates Colombia's qualification to the World Cup Credit: afp

11 October 2017 • 9:46pm
Radamel Falcao and Peru midfielder Renato Tapia have admitted discussing the fact that a draw would suit both teams in the closing stages of their World Cup qualifying match on Tuesday night.

Falcao came in for criticism after appearing to tell the Peru players not to push for a winning goal because the scoreline - which stood at 1-1 - would be beneficial to both teams given other results in South American qualifying that night.

The match ended in a draw, meaning Colombia qualified automatically for next summer's World Cup in Russia, while Peru secured a place in the play-off.

They will face New Zealand in a two-legged tie, the winner of which will earn a spot at the World Cup.

Falcao said after the game: "We knew what was happening in the other matches, we were playing with (the knowledge of) the other results and in that moment (I tried) to transmit that (to Peru)."

Tapia, who plays his club football with Dutch side Feyenoord, said in an interview on Wednesday that the result of the game had been discussed with Falcao.

He also, however, denied that any deal or 'pact' had been agreed.

falcao1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqOMis5g8uk2skC6ivX8XNttEqhAsfGhtN1rGIof72XhU.jpg

Falcao gestures to Tapia Credit: TYC Sports
"In the last five minutes, the Colombians approached us. They knew what the situation was in the other games," Tapia told Panamericana TV.

"So we managed the game as we needed to... I spoke with Radamel, who told me we were both qualified (as things stood),but it's football and we play to win."

Falcao set up his former Monaco team-mate James Rodriguez for the opening goal of the game, before Pablo Guerrero equalised in bizarre fashion.

falcao2_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqN5h5Uk2iAalN1WngMjIB8DzrrB9KYM_SXDPs7F6AgiU.jpg

Falcao talking to the Peru players Credit: TYC Sports
Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina palmed Guerro's indirect free-kick into his own net, when he could have left it untouched and it would not have counted.

Former Newcastle midfielder Nolberto Solano, who is now on the Peru coaching staff, denied any wrongdoing.

"We needed to win, them too. What pact? That's speculation," he said.

"Obviously, at the end, we knew what the other results were and you tell yourself: 'calm it down a bit, we mustn't take any risks'."

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Will the FA panel issue a ban for Kamara's outages dive? Dunno, the ref booked him so it might be one of those stupid cases where they decide the ref has dealt with the incident.

If the ref had fallen for that shocking bit of playacting then the keeper gets sent off and Fulham get a penalty, surely he should be sent off and a penalty be awarded at the other end, that would be fair I reckon and stop all this cheating bollocks.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Will the FA panel issue a ban for Kamara's outages dive? Dunno, the ref booked him so it might be one of those stupid cases where they decide the ref has dealt with the incident.

If the ref had fallen for that shocking bit of playacting then the keeper gets sent off and Fulham get a penalty, surely he should be sent off and a penalty be awarded at the other end, that would be fair I reckon and stop all this cheating bollocks.
Will they retrospectively punish him for kicking the ball away then???

I hear what ya saying tho, it's a proper dick move diving.

What happened to being strong and doing everything you can to score or win the ball? These cunts are mentally weak.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I am sure the diving incidents and accusations against Salah will lead Liverpool supporters to take a measured and balanced view of any similar accusations against our players.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It’s all building toward my dream conclusion to the season, when Liverpool are robbed of the title by a dodgy decision when Salah is legitimately fouled and the ref doesn't award it because he's a diving prick.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So how does that work fairly?Some cup games had VAR,others didnt,millwall player handballs it into the net,everyone sees the replay in the stadium (that itself is a no,no with the millwall manager signalling to turn it off),should be either all games have it or none IMO.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So how does that work fairly?Some cup games had VAR,others didnt,millwall player handballs it into the net,everyone sees the replay in the stadium (that itself is a no,no with the millwall manager signalling to turn it off),should be either all games have it or none IMO.
I know I said I would just read this evening.... but I mentioned this in the last fucking round... VAR can suck my stump.