By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea, Carrierbag Cup Semi Final 1st leg, (A) - Wed 5th Jan, 19:45

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Less than 2 mins on the pitch & Winks just let his man run into our box uncontested

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Can't wait to see Hoijbergs stats for giving the ball away or unforced errors...

He has well and truly fallen from grace as one of our midfield generals... he has been a liability tonight imo.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Can't wait to see Hoijbergs stats for giving the ball away or unforced errors...

He has well and truly fallen from grace as one of our midfield generals... he has been a liability tonight imo.
I wonder if we’ve just broken him. He’s played every game since he signed, as well as internationals. I think he’s only missed something like 20 minutes after going off injured.

Chelsea have had 17 shots, we’ve had .. 4. Says it all really

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Well, it could have been a lot worse score wise but as worse of a performance in a big game I have ever seen

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Agree...BUT....we're still in this. I don't think they're that good tbh. We were just really really really bad...2 ridiculous calamities at the back led to their goals. Score early at the lane and its game on. I'm still hopeful cos I don't think Conte will tolerate that performance.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

A lot of Chelsea's performance tonight reminded me of us at our peak under Poch. We often had 2 or 3 players going in hard to get the ball back if we lost possession and it worked. They did that all night tonight and we had nothing in return.

But I do have to agree with Dave in that there's still a chance, especially if we can nick an early goal.

But we cannot start Doherty or Emerson. Or even Hojbjerg. I'd even chance Lo Celso in for him alongside Skipp.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
As the commentator said - we were better in the second half, but it would not have been possible to be worse. Maybe Conte just wants to humiliate the chavs with a 3-0 thrashing next week?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
It makes no sense why we are so consistently bad when the stakes are the highest. We were outworked, mentally overwhelmed, and technically poor. This is why we haven't won squat in over a decade. Conte was right about our mentality. We are not winning any cup this season. Our best hope is to nick top 4 and bring in players who know how to win.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
He is in the mix with Gilberto in my boom mate... honestly has never produced anything of note and managed to hang about like a bad smell for about 5 years...
Yeah, I honestly never thought I'd say this--I thought I'd never see a player as bad as that poor bastard at our club--but that's a valid comparison.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Antonio Conte on "I don't see in the transfer window the resolution of our problems. Our solution is to work and fix a lot of the aspects of this squad. To think that to buy one or two players to solve it is not right."
Slightly concerning thing to say, especially after the recent story about him being told money would be "tight" in January.

Is this the spectre of Levy hovering over everything again ? (Or as usual...)

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
And there goes another trophy that we are not winning.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't understand how the professional footballers playing in our team can be so bad at passing the ball to each other. It drives me fucking mental every game I watch when simple passes are too short, too long or nowhere fucking near where they're supposed to go. They were all shite at passing last night, that useless pile of poo Royal was the worst. There also does not appear to be anyone with any plan or vision, free kicks go back to Lloris after a couple of taps, throw ins are delayed by about half an hour allowing the opposition to get back into position, dwelling on the ball for a fucking eternity means it is a piece of piss for the opposition to nick the ball back. Aimless long balls up the pitch or the occasional counter attacks seem to be our only chances of scoring. We often seem to end up defending desperately from our own corners. All that fucking faffing about 'playing out' from our own half, really needs to be worked on, the energy wasted just trying to get a few metres up the pitch and then losing the ball before we make it to the halfway line is fucking annoying.

Will it be possible for Conte to make the huge improvements we need with these players or are they all too set in their ways? There are so many in our squad who are just not good enough for a top 4 PL side, Doherty, Rodon, Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Dele, Royal, Berwijn, Gollini are all not good enough, N'Fatbele might be good enough but we only see his best very occasionally. What has happened to HoJberg, Tanganga, Reguillon and Lo Celso? I thought they were all top banana players, but they are pony as fuck at the moment. I don't know about Skipp, he seems to impress many people but he doesn't do much for me, maybe it's because the players around him are all so bad? The only ones I would keep are Sonny, Little Lucas, maybe Gil and Romero but we haven't really seen enough of them. Dunno about Sessegnon he might be good if he could stay out of the treatment room. I also don't know if Kane is worth keeping, of course he needs the service that he ain't never going to get from the players around him.

N'Fatbele looked like our best player last night, that is fucking shocking, I think tough questions need to be asked.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fucking blimey! Look at the player ratings on the BBC, their LOWEST rating was Jorginho at 6.23, our HIGHEST was Lloris at 5.64.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Slightly concerning thing to say, especially after the recent story about him being told money would be "tight" in January.

Is this the spectre of Levy hovering over everything again ? (Or as usual...)
Realistically, we're not going to do a major squad rebuild in January. It's too expensive even for owners who aren't penny-pinchers, and clubs in the top divisions are reluctant to let good players go even for a premium.

I interpreted his comments as more or less along the lines of what we're saying here. Maybe we bring in a couple of players (I think we will) and get rid of a few. We're still left with the problem that even our best players aren't performing at the level he expects, and that you need to be at in order to compete with the likes of Chelsea.

Saying that, we're in with a shout for top four, which would go a long way toward helping the rebuild that has to take place. And I honestly think that Conte can get a trick out of enough of the players we have to get there--last night was awful, but we've seen a lot of good signs since he took over.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
So...none of the newspapers will tell us children what the chants were, just that they were bad.

I can remember some unforgivable ones from back in the Judas days, and that one about Adebayor that dwindled out after he wound up the gooners that time at Man City, but what are these Chelsea-specific ones?

I know the journos don't want to be accused of giving air to the homophobes, but I'd like to know what they were saying so I can properly structure my contempt.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
But we cannot start Doherty or Emerson. Or even Hojbjerg. I'd even chance Lo Celso in for him alongside Skipp
100% agree. I'm not going to comment any further on the disgraceful performance that we all saw on Wednesday night. I'm going next Wednesday and will let everyone know, who wants to listen, near me, what i think if we get the same dross. Totally unacceptable.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
So...none of the newspapers will tell us children what the chants were, just that they were bad.

I can remember some unforgivable ones from back in the Judas days, and that one about Adebayor that dwindled out after he wound up the gooners that time at Man City, but what are these Chelsea-specific ones?

I know the journos don't want to be accused of giving air to the homophobes, but I'd like to know what they were saying so I can properly structure my contempt.
It was the old 'Rent boys' one, you could say it's not homophobic but prozziephobic, either way I've heard a lot worse come from the chavs and the pikeys. Whooops, that's pikiephobic innt?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It was the old 'Rent boys' one, you could say it's not homophobic but prozziephobic, either way I've heard a lot worse come from the chavs and the pikeys. Whooops, that's pikiephobic innt?
Are they ignoring the hissing and gas chamber jokes again so that David Badiels fucking soap box doesn't get lonely again...!!!

Parasitic tabloid rag wankers. Fuck them dead.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Yeah I figured as much. As Yid points out, there's far worse coming from their lot pretty much every match. And they'll always have Paris.

It is tricky, though. I never felt I properly understood the Y-word controversy, because that word doesn't scan as offensively over here as a lot of other epithets people use for that purpose. Which of course robs it of its power.

On the other hand, I must admit I get my back up a bit about chavs ('cause I'm all hard & blue-collar, yo). Not enough to tell anyone else what to say, but there it is.

There's a range of terms that are right out of order, and we probably all agree on them, more or less. There's a range you'd probably pick out if you're just looking for a fight anyway, and another range (probably the same one) you wouldn't have a problem with if a mate used them.

Amongst friends, one can probably talk it through and either agree or disagree without taking umbrage. But there ain't many friends at the Bridge.

Whew, went on a bit there. Maybe a new thread so we can all pick fights? Or trade obscenities?

Reactions: Yid
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

350.png

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I expect we will be out of the League Cup in 3 hours. Prove me wrong.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Certainly Sessegnon is a better left back than Doherty? That is not gonna go well.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
For the first time in a long time, i truly feel we have absolutely no fucking chance of winning this game.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I think if they score early I’m probably turning it off because there’s zero chance we’re putting 4 past them.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Tanganga loses his man and Gollini decides to flap