By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea H Beatallthelondonteams cup SF 1st leg 20.00 Tues Jan 8th 2019

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Solid,helped he didnt play a striker til the 80th minute.Win is a win.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
That was a proper tense 2nd half. Great we didn't concede but our performance looked really jaded, minds looked willing but bodies weren't quite at it, Dele being a good example where a few times he couldn't quite get his feet sorted but is normally so nimble.

Win is a win and on to the 2nd leg now, going to need to play a lot better at SB though.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Not a huge fan of Eriksen having to pick up Hazard every time in our third. We need another player in midfield at the moment.
No one could get near him. He is diferent level good.

What a defensive display that was. Fucking horrible game to watch on the edge of my nerves for 70 bloody minutes.

Great win but there will be a lot of tired legs out there. Without the ball you work like a fucking slave and I reckon they had 70% of the ball in the offensive 2/3's of the pitch.

Couple of days light training and plenty of massage I'd have thought.

We need to smash Utd.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That was a tough watch. We have a slight advantage for the second leg and will need to do much better, there's no away goal effect, so we need to not lose at the Bridge. Defensively brilliant tonight, but we needed more goals. But a win against the chavs is always nice eh?

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Great resilience! Haven’t seen us having to defend like that for a fair while or for that matter give the ball away that often but still beat those nasty chavvy cunts. Brilliant backs to the wall effort from the boys.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Tough watch on a freezing night at Wembley. Looked like we couldn’t get into the game and never got close to them. Still it’s about putting the ball in the old onion bag, we did they didn’t, happy days.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Nice to meet Neil and Rev and Ted tonight ....
anyone tell me did the commentators even discusss , Why the goalie managed to stay on the pitch , that was a red all day long

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Tough watch on a freezing night at Wembley. Looked like we couldn’t get into the game and never got close to them. Still it’s about putting the ball in the old onion bag, we did they didn’t, happy days.

The funny thing is, that i’m not sure we can play much worse in possession than we did tonight and that’s about as well as they can play in possession, yet we still done ‘em over! Without Hazard, they’re a seriously average outfit.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Injuries and frequency of games is starting to take its toll. Winks and Sissoko have to play every meaningful game no Dier, Wanyama or Dembele, weak in midfield tonight. We can rotate a bit everywhere else, they need a rest before Sunday.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
anyone tell me did the commentators even discusss , Why the goalie managed to stay on the pitch , that was a red all day long

Not one commentator said anything...my first thought was that Kepa had to go.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
They said on my telly this morning that wossisface the chavs manager was complaining about the VAR decision, he should zip it up if this is true, it probably isn't because the BBC don't do journalism in their brekkie programmes anymore, they just read tabloids and twitter. The Chavs manager, dunno his name or care what he's called, was very lucky that Thingammy Bob the keeper was not sent off, nailed on red card that was, he wasn't even looking at the ball - don't know his name either.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Not one commentator said anything...my first thought was that Kepa had to go.
I thought that too, but I don't think I agree with red cards for keepers in every case. If they stop an almost certain goal then OK, but Harry had a lot to do last night and even he probably would not have scored. A penalty and a yellow was probably right last night, but like I said, did I? Or did I just think it? Nobody knows. Oh yeah, he was lucky not to get red. Many refs would have sent him off, if I was a ref I would have, along with Alonso for offensive breathing

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dwa0edcWsAArsvj.jpg

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Injuries and frequency of games is starting to take its toll. Winks and Sissoko have to play every meaningful game no Dier, Wanyama or Dembele, weak in midfield tonight. We can rotate a bit everywhere else, they need a rest before Sunday.

Hopefully Eric will be back shortly and if we are selling Mousa, then we should let him go right at the end of Jan, be great to get a couple of games out of him before he leaves, if indeed he does leave.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hopefully Eric will be back shortly and if we are selling Mousa, then we should let him go right at the end of Jan, be great to get a couple of games out of him before he leaves, if indeed he does leave.
We're becoming reliant on Skipp for the odd game now......even Winksy is a long way from the finished article. Thank god for Sissoko, who'd have thought we'd ever be saying that?!!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Double jeopardy comes in to play in the EPL Cup I believe.

Boring game but nice to see it out the way we did. Shows a new side to us. We really didn't put much in to it, but I guess we are reserving ourselves for united.

Gazzanigga is absolutely top notch. Some quality saves in there but the way he shouts at the defensive and moves them around. He is ultra confident in what he is doing. Hugo can pull off some wonder saves that no other keeper would get, but I tell you what Gazza isn't far off taking that No1 spot. His kicking alone is 100 times better.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I've just watched the 'highlights' from last night, about 10 minutes worth. It's all Chelsea, apart from 3 Harry Kane efforts including the pen and the 'foul' that never was (?) on Lamela right at the end. In real time last night, it seemed that Michael Oliver had a poor game, fair or not?? Always difficult to judge from 100 yards away.

Taking the positives it was a great defensive effort, but players like Dele and Eriksen are going to have to be more aggressive and get involved in the second leg. Chelsea had too much time and space last night.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dele was a passenger.... i get the impression he was told to do a number on Jorginho and sacrifice his game. Son was also quiet and fed on scaps along with Kane...

But we won.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
So.... it was a red card then because he didn't play the ball, wasn't looking at the ball, and he had no possibility of playing the ball because he was just interested in stopping Kane.

He still had the possibility to play the ball though, I don't think you'll see many keepers going off in 50/50s like that.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
He still had the possibility to play the ball though, I don't think you'll see many keepers going off in 50/50s like that.
I don't think so as he wasn't even looking at the ball, eyes on Kane only.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Dele was a passenger.... i get the impression he was told to do a number on Jorginho and sacrifice his game. Son was also quiet and fed on scaps along with Kane...
This. Eriksen was having to do a lot of work tracking back as well.

It's become a cliché to say it now, but this is totally a game we would've lost under similar circumstances not long ago.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

But we won.

Majority of the game I thought the same, but when Poch got a hold of him 25 mins from the end and told him to play a holding role I thought he was very good. I guess the thing with Alli is if he's on the park a wee moment of magic can happen.

To be honest though I said to my brother after. Did we even have one good passage of play in the whole game?!