By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chelsea (H) PL Sun 22nd December 16:30

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
My goodness were 2 nil down with 10 men and passing backwards has done nothing good for us for 70 minutes......

So we keep passing it backwards.

You know what, credit where it's due Chelsea's young team have been fantastic.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
My goodness were 2 nil down with 10 men and passing backwards has done nothing good for us for 70 minutes......

So we keep passing it backwards.

You know what, credit where it's due Chelsea's young team have been fantastic.
Outworked, outplayed, and outmanaged. The thing is, we've actually looked more dangerous with 10 men.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
At home....
Against Chelsea....
Outworked....
Outplayed....
Their 'Oley'ing' their passes as they embarres us....
And to pop the cherry on top of the cake....
Were being accused of racism.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I thought the Everton game earlier was in the season was the most depressing football match I've seen. This is far worse.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I thought the Everton game earlier was in the season was the most depressing football match I've seen. This is far worse.
Nah Chelsea have been good.

That Streaky cunt couldn't cross the fucking road...

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
At home....
Against Chelsea....
Outworked....
Outplayed....
Their 'Oley'ing' their passes as they embarres us....
And to pop the cherry on top of the cake....
Were being accused of racism.
and we have a keeper who thinks he's Bruce Fuckin Lee and a striker who also wants to be Bruce Fuckin Lee...while lying down.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Truly fucking awful. I can't remember a worse game, that was total pony. Might as well just have Guns and fucking Roses and NFL at the Lane. Not even the remotest chance of winning, 1 shot on target.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Nah Chelsea have been good.

That Streaky cunt couldn't cross the fucking road...
Oh full credit to them, they've been excellent. But like we were saying, getting outplayed in a crucial game, VAR, and especially the racism--fuck, it was just awful.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Truly fucking awful. I can't remember a worse game, that was total pony. Might as well just have Guns and fucking Roses and NFL at the Lane. Not even the remotest chance of winning, 1 shot on target.
I cant wait to hear what the reasons/excuses are for this performance.... yes, you have to give credit to the Chavs as they played well but we did nothing for 100 mins.

That was as bad as anything we saw under Poch.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
0 shots on target. (hold on we had 1 apparently).

Don't turn up for a London Derby.

Should all be ashamed. Absolute pish!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
merry christmas cunts.
(obv not everyone here!)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Oh full credit to them, they've been excellent. But like we were saying, getting outplayed in a crucial game, VAR, and especially the racism--fuck, it was just awful.
For me VAR had nothing to do with the game.... simply confirmed the correct decisions. We stupidly put ourselves in terrible positions that allowed VAR to conform our utter idiocy.

I've always said lads, I can loose I dont like it but I could have took a loss to them if we had turned up.and given them a game....

Playing like fucking morons is unacceptable. Not showing up is unacceptable. Switching off and consistently making the same mistakes is unacceptable.

We're not Southampton.... or Villa. We're Spurs, we're Champions Fucking League finalists....

Some of these players simply dont cut it. And the ones that do dont look like they have the fight for it.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
For me VAR had nothing to do with the game.... simply confirmed the correct decisions. We stupidly put ourselves in terrible positions that allowed VAR to conform our utter idiocy.
I agree, I just hate it, even if (as in this game, it gets it right.)

On a different note, the game itself is depressing in that Chelsea looked so energetic and we looked so dead on our feet. They're like we were a few years ago, young and hungry. That goes for the manager too.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Agree with a lot of what has been said.
We simply didn't show up.
And I don't know why given we were on a fairly decent run while they have been on the skids.
We win & we're top 4.
Absolutely no reason for that display & Jose can't be happy.

I believe the big problem is the midfield.
We didn't have & still don't have anyone to dictate the game.
So balls were going backwards or having to bypass the mids.
No supply to the forwards.

We were much better when Eriksen came on & even when we were down to 10 men.

PS VAR confirmed those calls.
Can't complain about the pen or Son's red.

Throw in racism & it just makes you sick.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Agree with a lot of what has been said.
We simply didn't show up.
And I don't know why given we were on a fairly decent run while they have been on the skids.
We win & we're top 4.
Absolutely no reason for that display & Jose can't be happy.

I believe the big problem is the midfield.
We didn't have & still don't have anyone to dictate the game.
So balls were going backwards or having to bypass the mids.
No supply to the forwards.

We were much better when Eriksen came on & even when we were down to 10 men.

PS VAR confirmed those calls.
Can't complain about the pen or Son's red.
Spot on, we would have been better today hammering it up front and consistently feeding off scraps.

Our midfield was shite and has been shite since that Streaky cunt gave in.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
The Chelsea pub is bouncing for all the wrong reasons, gutted by that utter tosh performance. Players should have to come and have the piss taken out of them like this, wankers all of them.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
RE: the racism allegations, I wonder if it persisted. I heard at least three announcements, and I thought they were supposed to take the teams off the pitch if it went on after the first warning. So did they just keep on reading the announcement. or was it in response to more incidents?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Jose is a proud guy.
For him to lose to both of his previous teams must be killing him.
But he's maintained his composure (at least to the media).

Very surprised that the team put out on the field by Jose in those 2 games didn't go full out for him.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Jose is a proud guy.

Very surprised that the team put out on the field by Jose in those 2 games didn't go full out for him.
Becoming less and less surprised by those types of performances these days mate... they dont hurt any less but they're par for the course at the minute while these players are allowed to toss it off like that without recourse.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Jose is a proud guy.

part of it is even when successful,unless you are truly dominant quality wise,doing the same thing too many games in a row,becomes predictable.Throw in some goal costing individual errors,poor performances,by being naive or simply egotistical about being better than someone else makes for a bad day all round.
From how we set up,how we performed,I cant think of a single good point today,Sissoko was very average and he was by far our best player,from goalkeeper,to Kane nobody did well and a some were truly not good enough or made howlers.

So much to be gained today and we didnt even get close,disappointing.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Spot on, we would have been better today hammering it up front and consistently feeding off scraps.

Our midfield was shite and has been shite since that Streaky cunt gave in.
Dembele's been a huge miss, bigger than even i thought possible. He linked everything together, he was able to take the pressure of the back 4, and he was able to drive through the middle of the park taking 2 or 3 mids with him, therefore creating the space for others. He was the beating heart of our midfield. We're crying out for a ball playing centre mid and and a rb and lb. I don't like Jose coming out and saying we don't need reinforcements, we abso-fucking-lutely do.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
No idea what the 'racism incident' was, it was probably a few drunk cunts being cunts It would be a bit far fetched to think our fans were racist especially when we had 8 non-white players on the field today. Racism is unacceptable but let's not get carried away with the outrage - 55,000+ of our fans were not involved and the chavs ain't squeaky clean are they?

OK, reading further it seems 'The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) and Tottenham have confirmed that the game was stopped over a single incident of alleged racist behaviour.'. So, a massive over-reaction to a single incident?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Dembele's been a huge miss, bigger than even i thought possible. He linked everything together, he was able to take the pressure of the back 4, and he was able to drive through the middle of the park taking 2 or 3 mids with him, therefore creating the space for others. He was the beating heart of our midfield. We're crying out for a ball playing centre mid and and a rb and lb. I don't like Jose coming out and saying we don't need reinforcements, we abso-fucking-lutely do.
It's more & more evident isn't it.
Dembele was able to retain possession while driving forward.
He could ghost past a defender requiring a 2nd defender to come to him.
This opened up more space for our other attackers.

Add in that we also now lack the FB's bombing down the wings adding more width, & in so obvious why we are such an anemic attack (or at least easier to defend against).

Typically when you play a double pivot midfield, one is your best defender (destroyer) while the other is your best ball handler.
Right now, it's as if we have neither. Just jack of all trades filling in.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
RE: the racism allegations, I wonder if it persisted. I heard at least three announcements, and I thought they were supposed to take the teams off the pitch if it went on after the first warning. So did they just keep on reading the announcement. or was it in response to more incidents?
I never nor heard anything from row 4 in the south stand down by the corner flag ....
just Rudiger strutting around making insinuations , by pretending to being a monkey . From my position Son was on the ground ,and his feet in the air and Rudiger ran into them ....ok I’ll look at it later and come back ,
yes there was at least two lighters / bottles throw , one towards the goalie and I hope those who did get a ban , but I certainly didn’t hear any racist comment

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We have to get Fat Moose involved more he has the creativity on the ball to spark something off...

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
We have to get Fat Moose involved more he has the creativity on the ball to spark something off...
I was hoping that he would be next to either "prime" Wanyama or Dier. They're both so off the pace right now..