By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Christian Eriksen (with an E!!)

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Boo fucking hoo

I mean, I'm sure he will get over it. Still, there is some truth to it.. We say we want honesty, etc. from players, but when they say what they think, they get torn to pieces. Rose is another example of this. We want honesty, as long as they say what we want, basically.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I really have no problem with what he did. Aside from wanting to leave a successful club in a great City, but that's his prerogative. Where he went wrong was limiting is destinations to Real and Barca, neither of whom wanted him. That put everyone in an awkward position. Enjoy Conte and Italy!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
"There's a big chance of winning a trophy here or a bigger chance than where I was of course," Eriksen told Sky in Italy.
"The Champions League final was a very bad day, we lost which you don't want to remember.

"I'm here to win and start something new. The last time I won something was at Ajax so it's many years ago. I still remember the feeling so I want to achieve it here as well."

Okay, he's an idiot. I stand corrected. Enjoy watching Juve lift every trophy for the rest of your career in Italy. Asshat.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I mean, I'm sure he will get over it. Still, there is some truth to it.. We say we want honesty, etc. from players, but when they say what they think, they get torn to pieces. Rose is another example of this. We want honesty, as long as they say what we want, basically.
I agree. The qualities we seem to demand from our players: stoic, quiet, loyal, hard-working, etc., are exactly want you want from a farm animal, and the last things you'd want in a mate. Then we get upset when they stand up for themselves.

I'm of the opinion that he didn't lose his passion for this group due to any wife-fucking or anything like that, but when Harry appealed that goal decision and claimed one off Christian when he was chasing Salah for the golden boot. I'd be interested to see our win ratio before and after. I think that would divide a camp more surely than any bint-bopping.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I....I'd be interested to see our win ratio before and after. I think that would divide a camp more surely than any bint-bopping.
20 Premier League matches before and after 'Goalgate' (Stoke 7th April 2018)

Before: Won 12 , Lost 3 , Drew 5 - Points 41
After: Won 13 , Lost 6 , Drew 1 - Points 40

The increased losses in the 20 games after could have been due to better oppositions as we were beaten by City twice, Liverpool and the goons away. So using the power or statistics I could say that we actually improved after Harry claimed the goal, of course I could say exactly the opposite!

Here's the games so you chose which theory you like:

1581069363168.png

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Last 20 league matches prior to end of January 2020 would be a very different story I'm guessing.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm not prepared to keep picking that scab....

Fuck him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
They also signed ashley young,sanchez the dog nonce and victor moses,even in a weak league like seria A they most likely wont win diddly with that kind of ambition.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Thanks for doing the research, Dorset! Now I'll have to come up with some other way to support my hypothesis, in the absence of facts. How about, Chris was pissed, but kept silent and beavered away like the professional that he is. Then the decision came down from the league, he went toe-to-toe with Kane, the rest of the squad closed ranks, and he got disgusted with the slap-dash way we stumbled to the end of the festive season, say 2018. Then what happened, happened.

See. My theory is sound! No facts necessary!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Thanks for doing the research, Dorset! Now I'll have to come up with some other way to support my hypothesis, in the absence of facts. How about, Chris was pissed, but kept silent and beavered away like the professional that he is. Then the decision came down from the league, he went toe-to-toe with Kane, the rest of the squad closed ranks, and he got disgusted with the slap-dash way we stumbled to the end of the festive season, say 2018. Then what happened, happened.

See. My theory is sound! No facts necessary!
Simpsons-Facts.jpg

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Rumours of a Christian return, what say you guys?

For me this has Levy written all over it, Inter want 50m for Skriniar and there's no way we are going to pay that so Levy says ok you can have your 50m but I want Eriksen as well in the deal (assuming and it's a big ASSUMING he wants to come back).

Inter don't have to pay out the remaining monies for Eriksen (they may not have/want to pay having seen the goods). They also get to crow about getting top dollar for Thier defender. We get a top defender and on his day a fantastic playmaker to bolster the squad who will hit the ground running.

I wouldn't be against him coming back if he is committed to the team and earning his place.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
We took Keane back, see no reason why we should be against him returning

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
... apart from tha fact/opinion that Robbie was pony when he came back? And, Robbie didn't jack it in a year before he left and he didn't play like he couldn't be fucked when he wanted out and he wasn't a streaky rasher of vegan bacon........

Guess what? I don't want him back.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I cant see why he'd want to come back here...he gave us 7 years, and for the most part gave us everything he had and won absolutely nothing.. Bale's here now too, so the wage allocation is gone...so that ship has sailed.
He's 27/28 ? Maybe 5/6 years at a high level. Let him off and make good money at a PSG or Juventus and win a few trophies. But I think he'd be humiliating himself by coming back, considering he spent the last 6 months of his time here trying to leave and from the clubs point of view, it would be showing desperation on our part to want him back. Not interested...

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
A season loan with option to buy would be ok with me.
S.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Fuck that... he didn't want to play for us 6 months ago...

He has made his bed the streaky cunt.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'd personally have him back, but it seems VERY unlikely to me.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I would hate to be on @Yid's shit list. i dont think one ever makes it off of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I would hate to be on @Yid's shit list. i dont think one ever makes it off of it.
Haha, in truth I'm fickle as fuck mate...!!!

Way I see it is he wanted a new challenge.... he was the big fish here and didn't want to play for us anymore... for me, thats fine!

Fuck you very much, good luck in your two bit league, don't let the door hit your streaky ass on the way out.

We've moved on and now he wants to crawn back into our bed and upset the players who do want to be here...

He hung on too long... he could have gone to a big big club for big big money but he spunked it. He should have left 18/24 months ago and he'd have been on Madrids bench as opposed to wanting to be on ours again...

He'd probably add something to our midfield yeah im not fucking blind its got as much creativity as hurd of sheep.... but if were treading old ground buy Luka Modric.... fuck it get Crouchy back in and JD too....

I think there are better more hungry motivated options out there... yeah they cost more dough but that ain't my problem.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Haha, in truth I'm fickle as fuck mate...!!!

Way I see it is he wanted a new challenge.... he was the big fish here and didn't want to play for us anymore... for me, thats fine!

Fuck you very much, good luck in your two bit league, don't let the door hit your streaky ass on the way out.

We've moved on and now he wants to crawn back into our bed and upset the players who do want to be here...

He hung on too long... he could have gone to a big big club for big big money but he spunked it. He should have left 18/24 months ago and he'd have been on Madrids bench as opposed to wanting to be on ours again...

He'd probably add something to our midfield yeah im not fucking blind its got as much creativity as hurd of sheep.... but if were treading old ground buy Luka Modric.... fuck it get Crouchy back in and JD too....

I think there are better more hungry motivated options out there... yeah they cost more dough but that ain't my problem.

I would take rafa back. loved watching him play for us

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That is the only type of list to have mate. If you put someone on your list then they are there forever.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I would take rafa back. loved watching him play for us
And Crouchy! In my head I keep playing that tap-in against Milan over and over.

And then the two yellows against Real Madrid. Oh well.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
And Crouchy! In my head I keep playing that tap-in against Milan over and over.

And then the two yellows against Real Madrid. Oh well.

I watched that game at my university library (internet was 100x better than at home). Game was over before it started. Sad day

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Jesus, I hope Eriksen is ok. I'm not gonna lie I've tears streaming down the face that's one of the most brutal things I've witnessed in a football match.

Come on big lad!!