By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Crystal palace A [PL] 20:00 Wed 26th April 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-04-26-Crystal-Palace-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur_zpshxxicykx.png

...meanwhile back in the real world, away from the distraction of tin cup competitions, it's time to face the resurgent Crystal Palace. They thumped Liverpool yesterday meaning the reds only need to win their remaining 4 games and Chelsea to lose all their 6 remaining games and for us, City and United to do likewise for them to lift the trophy, ooooh watch out!

We need to give Big Sam a 'tactical masterclass' like wot he said they did to Liverpool. They have only lost 1 of their last 8 matches, we have won our last 7 ( see what I did there? Stats are great eh?) Win this and we will have beaten our all-trine Premier League points total with 5 games left to smash the wotsits out of that record.

There are some interesting mathematical doodahs that will become clearer over the next few days - after Southampton beat Chelsea and Arsenal are defeated by the Foxes our knees may become trembly! COYS.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
2017-04-26-Crystal-Palace-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur_zpshxxicykx.png

...meanwhile back in the real world, away from the distraction of tin cup competitions, it's time to face the resurgent Crystal Palace. They thumped Liverpool yesterday meaning the reds only need to win their remaining 4 games and Chelsea to lose all their 6 remaining games and for us, City and United to do likewise for them to lift the trophy, ooooh watch out!

We need to give Big Sam a 'tactical masterclass' like wot he said they did to Liverpool. They have only lost 1 of their last 8 matches, we have won our last 7 ( see what I did there? Stats are great eh?) Win this and we will have beaten our all-trine Premier League points total with 5 games left to smash the wotsits out of that record.

There are some interesting mathematical doodahs that will become clearer over the next few days - after Southampton beat Chelsea and Arsenal are defeated by the Foxes our knees may become trembly! COYS.
I feel worn out, emotionally drained by Saturday still. Goodness knows how the players are feeling. Might be a tough one to bounce back from, a bit like Chelsea in the league last year, against a Palace team on a high. Tough ask for Poch on training this week, and tough one for the players. They will have learnt from last season but whilst more experienced 12 months later they're still young. Probably too close to call, we probably have to win to maintain a realistic title challenge. Let's see, the fat lady isn't even in her dressing room yet, let alone gargling. I hope we have enough new strength and determination to win by the odd goal, maybe even 1-0 whilst Palace now knowing they're safe are leading through the holiday brochures. Good luck lads and good luck Poch in training this week.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I feel worn out, emotionally drained by Saturday still. Goodness knows how the players are feeling. Might be a tough one to bounce back from, a bit like Chelsea in the league last year, against a Palace team on a high. Tough ask for Poch on training this week, and tough one for the players. They will have learnt from last season but whilst more experienced 12 months later they're still young. Probably too close to call, we probably have to win to maintain a realistic title challenge. Let's see, the fat lady isn't even in her dressing room yet, let alone gargling. I hope we have enough new strength and determination to win by the odd goal, maybe even 1-0 whilst Palace now knowing they're safe are leading through the holiday brochures. Good luck lads and good luck Poch in training this week.
Good to start again so soon after IMO,players will be hungry as fuck I hope,if not time to question is Poche all that !!
But seriously not an easy fixture at this time,but we can overcome!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Good to start again so soon after IMO,players will be hungry as fuck I hope,if not time to question is Poche all that !!
But seriously not an easy fixture at this time,but we can overcome!!
Yeah Watford at home would have been nice. See you on Sunday safe travels - are you doing the Phileas Fogg route or something more straightforward??? well done getting Ire over!

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
This is going to be a hard game for the lads after the gut wrenching result on Saturday and bloody typical just when Palace are finding winning results with 6 in the last 10 games. We seriously need an early goal to settle the lads down or am I talking ME. This will be a big game to prove the lads are maturing one year on. Early goal and 3-0 Spurs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah Watford at home would have been nice. See you on Sunday safe travels - are you doing the Phileas Fogg route or something more straightforward??? well done getting Ire over!
Pretty direct I hope,fly from here on the indiana jones prop plane to athens and hopefully 2hrs later get the gatwick flight bad news is I fly from here 6.30am.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I have only just been able to read some of the comments from Saturday...But by all accounts it seems to me the players will show a reaction. Its a tough game but play like we have been and defend how we can and I think we can win

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Pretty direct I hope,fly from here on the indiana jones prop plane to athens and hopefully 2hrs later get the gatwick flight bad news is I fly from here 6.30am.
There won't be too many nutters at the end of the runway at 6.30am!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I have only just been able to read some of the comments from Saturday...But by all accounts it seems to me the players will show a reaction. Its a tough game but play like we have been and defend how we can and I think we can win
The real fucker on Saturday was that we were far the better team for an hour between Harry's goal and Hazards. They just counter attacked, got a couple of decisions and took their chances. That's all it is at the top, a bit of luck on where the ball drops.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
When we lost to Portsmouth in the semi final we went on to beat Arsenal in midweek and Chelsea the following weekend before qualifying for Champions League for the first time ever. I'm hopeful something similar happens this week.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
When we lost to Portsmouth in the semi final we went on to beat Arsenal in midweek and Chelsea the following weekend before qualifying for Champions League for the first time ever. I'm hopeful something similar happens this week.
Course it will! Fuck Saturday, it is gone, they are not the same thin skinned boys who let a defeat by the chavs affect them last year. This will be a thumping, Harry needs 5 more goals to overtake the pretender to the throne of the golden boot, he will get 3 of them on Wednesday, guaranteed.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We will kick the fuck on from this...

This heaps more pressure on the Chavs not us. They now have to win against the most expensive squad in Europe (alternative fact I just made up, that may be true). This means they'll be preoccupied and have something else to worry about

We have to win as many points as we can and 2 more I think means we start breaking more records so for us the pressure is negligible.

We have no expectations apart from bettering our performances and results from last year. We've done that so far and I think it'll only improve.

3 points against Palace won't be easy, but it will mean we have kept up our run of wins and pressure is in them.

We've got it in us, COYS.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
The real fucker on Saturday was that we were far the better team for an hour between Harry's goal and Hazards. They just counter attacked, got a couple of decisions and took their chances. That's all it is at the top, a bit of luck on where the ball drops.

Yeah I agree, I am still so hurt about Saturday but I can hold my head high knowing we were the better team and a support is the possibly best in the world !

What I like from the quotes is the players believe that they were better and it didnt go their way....I hope and believe there are no signs of dejection. The title can still be ours.....I would love it we smash em and win the title

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur‏Verified account @SpursOfficial 12m12 minutes ago

TEAM NEWS: Danny Rose (knee) – Continues outdoor training and has started to reintegrate with first team training
@Vorm_Official (knee) – Commenced outdoor training and continues to aim for a return to training in May.@cameroncv2 (knee) – Continuing to monitor his recovery to see if he's able to return to training before the end of the season.

No mention in the injury news of Ben Davies.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

No mention in the injury news of Ben Davies.
The presser is still going on but this is interesting,no doubt many pampers will be soiled when they read this.

Poch says he played Son at wing back on Sat to be more offensive. No Davies injury

OFC he wouldnt come clean if davies had a knock just before another match,I wouldnt tip palace off.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The presser is still going on but this is interesting,no doubt many pampers will be soiled when they read this.

Poch says he played Son at wing back on Sat to be more offensive. No Davies injury

OFC he wouldnt come clean if davies had a knock just before another match,I wouldnt tip palace off.
Any truth in suggestions of Davies having an injury which is why Son played at wing-back against Chelsea?
Ben is ok, it's true that during three months he played a lot of games and sometimes you need to rest some players but I think the team played well.

Son played in a position we tried to be more offensive, we tried to stop in different ways, not wait for Moses, push him to play in the back five. I think he made a very good job and when you lose of course you need to find and try to improve. I think the decision was to be more offensive and try to play in a way to win the game always. We'll see tomorrow, Ben is ok, he needed to rest a little bit.

GettyImages-671541958.jpg

Martin Atkinson awards a penalty after Heung-Min Son's tackle on Victor Moses on Saturday
Would you use Son there again?
Yes of course, he was good, unlucky as I think it wasn’t a penalty and maybe the feeling is bad but I am so happy with him, the effort, if Tottenham play well it’s because of him too.

It is a little bit unlucky, when you concede after four minutes and then when you are playing well and pushing at 1-1, a penalty that for me wasn't a penalty. Then you dominate in the second half but maybe with a different XI it would have happened the same way.

But we try to find different ways to play, to be offensive, respect the philosophy. But I am happy, but Ben is ok and will maybe play tomorrow.

This post sponsored by;
images

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Any truth in suggestions of Davies having an injury which is why Son played at wing-back against Chelsea?
Ben is ok, it's true that during three months he played a lot of games and sometimes you need to rest some players but I think the team played well.

Son played in a position we tried to be more offensive, we tried to stop in different ways, not wait for Moses, push him to play in the back five. I think he made a very good job and when you lose of course you need to find and try to improve. I think the decision was to be more offensive and try to play in a way to win the game always. We'll see tomorrow, Ben is ok, he needed to rest a little bit.

GettyImages-671541958.jpg

Martin Atkinson awards a penalty after Heung-Min Son's tackle on Victor Moses on Saturday
Would you use Son there again?
Yes of course, he was good, unlucky as I think it wasn’t a penalty and maybe the feeling is bad but I am so happy with him, the effort, if Tottenham play well it’s because of him too.

It is a little bit unlucky, when you concede after four minutes and then when you are playing well and pushing at 1-1, a penalty that for me wasn't a penalty. Then you dominate in the second half but maybe with a different XI it would have happened the same way.

But we try to find different ways to play, to be offensive, respect the philosophy. But I am happy, but Ben is ok and will maybe play tomorrow.

This post sponsored by;
images
sheep8ul.jpg

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Going to be a very tough game, Palace is in brilliant form and is going to be no push over tonight.

Dreaming for a win, but expecting a draw.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I just hope we keep those Chavvy toss pots honest right to the end, I'd hate us to drop off and have them win the title with 3 games to go. Come on boys, let's show these giant killers, who really are the giants!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Well, we can only get better in the second half

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Wow thats was a tough watch but 3 points on we go!

Eriksen looks world class at the moment what a strike! Kane assist lol

Hope Dembele is OK

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Big points those,not the tastiest game,but the resolve this group has.

3353ff5a-1ac1-423f-8e70-4a2173c3c28d.jpg

1bc66548-ce73-4693-b4b2-c1f720c08b56.jpg

1fe009b6-cc1d-4461-a6d5-68b49e5d4a1e.jpg