By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Crystal Palace (H) PL Wed 3rd April 2019 19:45

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ps we had ‘Can’t smile without you’ which I liked, hope it becomes a proper anthem, if it isn’t already...
I`d quite like to come out to the benny hill music

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Great day and night and always great to catch up with you chaps off here just a pity it wasn’t for longer ,next time we will get on it proper gents

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
D3VDYLJX4AENYjd.jpg
D3VDYLBXkAAZywV.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
What was the number? Knowing that 62,062 is the max?

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I moved seats at ht and there was still a few beside me

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Ps we had ‘Can’t smile without you’ which I liked, hope it becomes a proper anthem, if it isn’t already...

It’s nearly always sung at away games , but rarely sung at home .
They played it at the legends game before the game was played , and it’s inspirational . ‘‘Tis a shame that Palace have grabbed “Glad all over “ , cause he’s a Yid when Dave Clarke wrote and sung that song

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Official crowd figures put it attendance at 59K or something like that...so plenty of empty seats which is a little disappointing given it was opening night.

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
Another thing seemed to be that almost all of the noise (at least on TV) seemed to come from the south stand, and the south stand only. Not sure if it played that way in the stadium. Maybe just a mic issue.

I wouldn't say all the noise came from the South, but it certainly was loudest and songs started from there.

In the section I was sat in (North West) seemed to suffer a bit from everyone - including me - having single seats and not being sat with mates. That should improve as the on sale dates become a bit less mental.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I noticed that too, that was brilliant. I mean, the whole thing was a little overwhelming on the television, but what came through in the opening ceremony and little touches like playing Can't Smile Without You is how much they tried to connect with the history of the club and the community. The cynic will say all of it was a token gesture, and wouldn't be 100% wrong, but for one I'm glad they feel the need to do it.

All in all, it was hard to believe what I was watching, tbh, I can only imagine what it was like in person. Cannot wait to get over there.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
ha ha ha where's that from, you media fucking whore!!!
just posted by spurs on twitter,play the video!! I told Marie about that moment yesterday it was amazing,you should have seen his body language when it started,you could tell he was amazed,this video doesnt do justice to just how loud that was.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
just posted by spurs on twitter,play the video!! I told Marie about that moment yesterday it was amazing,you should have seen his body language when it started,you could tell he was amazed,this video doesnt do justice to just how loud that was.
The sound at least on TV/video etc, sounds like a Cathedral sort of noise. At WHL it was more raw?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The sound at least on TV/video etc, sounds like a Cathedral sort of noise. At WHL it was more raw?
I still havent seen a replay of weds yet.As my plan is just lay down all weekend after this week for sure I will see it very soon.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ok,about the attendance,and the 2 empty rows either end (in the south stand row 1 didnt even have seats in ,allowing the nutter with the flag to do his sprint lol).The club have said they are concerened about the sightlines??.My take on it is,horses for courses,as well as being a media attention loving whore,I have done loads of my time high up on the shelf,seeing the whole tactical picture and I love that view,but the more TV has made the game look so fantastical,the more I try and book tickets right on the edge of the pitch.Yes you dont see the whole picture of formations,the whole game in a snap-shot,but why I like that position now,is for me it makes it real again.Halfway up the south stand,you see a bigger picture true,but I love being reminded close up its just 22 blokes kicking a ball around.Somehow 30yd hoofs dont seem so amazing,or controlling the ball,or shooting,it just looks like a park on a sunday morning but better standard.The better? seats high up,you dont actually hear the sound which is remarkably like when you kick a ball at a chain link fence,when a ball hits the back of the net.You dont hear the bump sound when a ball bounces on the grass,or the high pitched thud from a towering header or the low pitch thud when even a short gentle 3yd pass is made.
I went into row 1 territory when Son celebrated right in front of us just 4m away.Between the stand and the pitch there is a 1m wide photographers pit (or a moat if you like!)and to be honest that didnt look any different to row 3 which I was in.If that sightline is good enough for the worlds best sporting photographers it cant be that bad now can it?
Basically god only knows why these seats didnt go on sale?if they had been there I would still have grabbed one,because as I have explained its what I like.If you ever went in the south stand at upton park when it was terraced and the away end,if you were more than a 3rd up,you couldnt see the penalty area that end of the ground,you just waited for other parts of the crowds reaction.

I hope the club decide that these seats are fine,otherwise,why the fuck put them there?surely not just for NFL when the pitch is lower I would hope.

Last edited:
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Ok,about the attendance,and the 2 empty rows either end (in the south stand row 1 didnt even have seats in ,allowing the nutter with the flag to do his sprint lol).The club have said they are concerened about the sightlines??.My take on it is,horses for courses,as well as being a media attention loving whore,I have done loads of my time high up on the shelf,seeing the whole tactical picture and I love that view,but the more TV has made the game look so fantastical,the more I try and book tickets right on the edge of the pitch.Yes you dont see the whole picture of formations,the whole game in a snap-shot,but why I like that position now,is for me it makes it real again.Halfway up the south stand,you see a bigger picture true,but I love being reminded close up its just 22 blokes kicking a ball around.Somehow 30yd hoofs dont seem so amazing,or controlling the ball,or shooting,it just looks like a park on a sunday morning but better standard.The better? seats high up,you dont actually hear the sound which is remarkably like when you kick a ball at a chain link fence,when a ball hits the back of the net.You dont hear the bump sound when a ball bounces on the grass,or the high pitched thud from a towering header or the low pitch thud when even a short gentle 3yd pass is made.
I went into row 1 territory when Son celebrated right in front of us just 4m away.Between the stand and the pitch there is a 1m wide photographers pit (or a moat if you like!)and to be honest that didnt look any different to row 3 which I was in.If that sightline is good enough for the worlds best sporting photographers it cant be that bad now can it?
Basically god only knows why these seats didnt go on sale?if they had been there I would still have grabbed one,because as I have explained its what I like.If you ever went in the south stand at upton park when it was terraced and the away end,if you were more than a 3rd up,you couldnt see the penalty area that end of the ground,you just waited for other parts of the crowds reaction.

I hope the club decide that these seats are fine,otherwise,why the fuck put them there?surely not just for NFL when the pitch is lower I would hope.

They absolutely have to fill those seats or the stadium will look ridiculous. If the view is a bit off then maybe charge a bit less for them? I am sure many folks would be willing to pay for seats directly behind the goal. Levy needs to stop outsmarting himself asap.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

I read that the club told THST yesterday that they planned on filling one row for certain, and probably both, they'd decided the concerns about sightlines were pretty much unfounded.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
And here we have the premium prawn sandwich brigade in the "home" stand.All on their arses want to experience the atmosphere without contributing fuck all.Not all their fault,the club did choose to do this.A lot of tutting and tapping people on shoulders with flags apparently as the landed gentry try and get the oiks to sit.Park lane was always standing,if you want to sit MOVE stand,even ray charles could see this was going to happen surely??

Here they are;
D3aSEPLXkAEaYcD.jpg

Last edited:
Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Knowing my luck I’d have been in the loo at the time