By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Danny Rose,redemption?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I hold no grudge against Mr. Rose. While I would like to smack him for his comments (and for his hair),it's in Spurs' best interests to nurture him and get him back to last year's level of play. This way we get more dosh if we have to sell him next summer. He seems a bit sensitive so perhaps it was just an emotional outburst that isn't likely to rear it's head again. Either way it will work out for us in the end.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I hold no grudge against Mr. Rose. While I would like to smack him for his comments (and for his hair),it's in Spurs' best interests to nurture him and get him back to last year's level of play. This way we get more dosh if we have to sell him next summer. He seems a bit sensitive so perhaps it was just an emotional outburst that isn't likely to rear it's head again. Either way it will work out for us in the end.
Has to do his talking on the pitch now,he can do the politically correct soundbites to the club and fans (and he has pretty much) after the event,and no doubt there will be a honeymoon period when fans give him time,but come new year if his form isnt good he will cop it from the stands,i dont mean full on abuse,but when spurs fans give up on players the sighs are palpable with every mistake during a game,its a long road back when that starts.
I would guess a january sale if Poch has concerns about Danny affecting the squad,if he stays til the summer,I would guess that means he stays long term and all waters have flowed under that bridge.We cant afford to have 2 players not right in the head,if you hear dannys interview he sounds withdrawn and meek,very quiet,and as for Erik,who knows where his head is at?its been no comment for half a year from the lad.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I want to hear nothing from him... ever again.

Next I want to hear is when he signs for Azerbaijan FC for 200 million...

Snakey fuck.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I want to hear nothing from him... ever again.

Next I want to hear is when he signs for Azerbaijan FC for 200 million...

Snakey fuck.
Too much forgiving and forgetting going on these days. The thieving bastard MPs get captured nicking our money and they are forgiven, the incompetent fucking cabinet minsters who should be sacked when they make massive fuck ups get let off because 'they made a mistake', cunts who get pissed up on a Saturday night and kick the shit out of the coppers don't even get fined the cost of a night out, cunts who drive without insurance get a slap on the wrist, benefit scroungers who get found out still get a free house paid for by our money, townies who come down here, leave the fucking gates open and bother the beasts can not be legally shot by the farmers, Danny fucking snake-cunt Rose gobs off about how he wants more money or he's going to fuck off does NOT get forgiven by me, I don't care how good a player the is.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Too much forgiving and forgetting going on these days. The thieving bastard MPs get captured nicking our money and they are forgiven, the incompetent fucking cabinet minsters who should be sacked when they make massive fuck ups get let off because 'they made a mistake', cunts who get pissed up on a Saturday night and kick the shit out of the coppers don't even get fined the cost of a night out, cunts who drive without insurance get a slap on the wrist, benefit scroungers who get found out still get a free house paid for by our money, townies who come down here, leave the fucking gates open and bother the beasts can not be legally shot by the farmers, Danny fucking snake-cunt Rose gobs off about how he wants more money or he's going to fuck off does NOT get forgiven by me, I don't care how good a player the is.
Rose was dealing with 'mental health' issues apparently.....they've gone for the moment, but might come back in the Summer....who knows??!! Someone else made a good point that we should want him to succeed a) for the team benefit and b) if he does leave we get more money. If the dressing room and Poch are happy to have him and he gets back to being the player he was, fine, he's made a full apology then he can have the benefit of the doubt, once, because we now know what's inside him.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Rose was dealing with 'mental health' issues apparently.....they've gone for the moment, but might come back in the Summer....who knows??!! Someone else made a good point that we should want him to succeed a) for the team benefit and b) if he does leave we get more money. If the dressing room and Poch are happy to have him and he gets back to being the player he was, fine, he's made a full apology then he can have the benefit of the doubt, once, because we now know what's inside him.
See that's the difference between you and me, you are a nice bloke, you see the good in folks, you give people the benefit of the doubt, me, not so much. Apologies are just words, Hitler would probably have said sorry if he was captured, every cunt and his dog apologises when they get found out. I expect that woman on the stamps and her benefit scrounging son will soon apologise for avoiding tax now they've been exposed along with that total twat Bonio and that creepy little car driving cunt. Fucking nice, the richest cunts in the world avoiding paying their share and all they have to do is say sorry and Madame La Guillotine will be put back in her box. Plus, 'we' get fuck all, Levy gets all the money - and you know what I think about him.

Fucking trendy these days saying you are Radio fucking Rental, back in my day we kept that sort of thing quiet, you don't go telling everybody about the voices or the red mist that descends forcing you to do the bad things do you? Oooooh look at me I've got mental health issues and my children aren't toxic little brats they've got ADHD, we need support and empathy.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
See that's the difference between you and me, you are a nice bloke, you see the good in folks, you give people the benefit of the doubt, me, not so much. Apologies are just words, Hitler would probably have said sorry if he was captured, every cunt and his dog apologises when they get found out. I expect that woman on the stamps and her benefit scrounging son will soon apologise for avoiding tax now they've been exposed along with that total twat Bonio and that creepy little car driving cunt. Fucking nice, the richest cunts in the world avoiding paying their share and all they have to do is say sorry and Madame La Guillotine will be put back in her box. Plus, 'we' get fuck all, Levy gets all the money - and you know what I think about him.

Fucking trendy these days saying you are Radio fucking Rental, back in my day we kept that sort of thing quiet, you don't go telling everybody about the voices or the red mist that descends forcing you to do the bad things do you? Oooooh look at me I've got mental health issues and my children aren't toxic little brats they've got ADHD, we need support and empathy.
Excellent...back to your fighting weight! See you at Skiathos NLD beano this year?

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
I agree,but as long as he has the shirt on i wont give him stick on the pitch.If he wins me back he`ll have done something amazing,seems pretty contrite ATM as he fucking should.
Personally i like sessegnon from fulham,a bit raw but has that pace you cant teach.
I agree with both points. I can't boo a Spurs player in the shirt. However, I have not forgiven him at all. I'll be happy to sell him if it means bringing Sessegnon in.

We'd have Davies (24 years old) and Sessegnon (17 years old). That would be fantastic imo! Be easy to integrate Sessegnon in more and more too with our rotation policy for wing backs. Poch would work wonders sculpting Sessegnon during his development years.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Genuinely... if you forgive him you are a fickle fake news cunt. I am fucking not...!!!

Just as fickle as those two faces shit cunts we all whine and moan about over at the cess pit.

Fuck him. I won't boo him... never boo a spurs player but to openly attempt to force a move and damage us at a point when he has been very well looked after and brought from the brink of being a fucking journeyman two bob Southampton level cunt who ends up with a coke habit playing for fucking Yeovil Town to being one of the best fullback in the world.

I won't forgive him that. He could make it up to me by keeping his trap shut and performing like a fucking god every weekend. But I won't forget.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Can bugger off.

Seriously. Take 40M from United and hand it straight to Fulham for a kid who will be twice as good.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Can bugger off.

Seriously. Take 40M from United and hand it straight to Fulham for a kid who will be twice as good.
I think he’d go for more than that given how inflated fees are atm, but spot on about Sessegnon, he’d fit right in our squad. From the outside looking in, it needs to happen sharpish.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I think he’d go for more than that given how inflated fees are atm, but spot on about Sessegnon, he’d fit right in our squad. From the outside looking in, it needs to happen sharpish.

I hope we get more but I am not sure that we will get the money that was on offer a year ago given that Rose has barely played...and played poorly when he has.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I hope we get more but I am not sure that we will get the money that was on offer a year ago given that Rose has barely played...and played poorly when he has.
moneyed types like city&united when they just have to have someone,they dont care about value.Besides they will blame it all on thfc affecting rose`s attitude rather than that rose is in decline.

I can understand and forgive yesterdays abysmal delivery,i can forgive him not being in the same postcode when mahrez breaks for a goal,what i didnt enjoy seeing was him do the arms wide flappy bird complaining several times when passes to him were misplaced or his movement misread.Poch has killed that,rightly so if you play in a team where some are complaining openly during play you arent a team.Imagine if dele or kane or eriksen started doing the flappy bird to rose`s crosses last night,it would have looked like some attenborough weird booby bird mating ritual.That is symptomatic of someone thinking he is above the rest,not motivational or inspiring to team mates.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I am at crossroads with Danny........,

the old romantic in me believes that the Rose I saw smash in a wonder strike is still with us and after game time he will come back and fight for the cause and show his quality!

The cynical in me says hes a money grabbing cunt and can fuck off to Utd and go and be second place to City and we replace him with that youngster from fulham

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
I met up with a family member yesterday and found out something interesting I thought I’d share.

He was at a Spurs function and was chatting to a member on our board who deals with the players daily and reports directly to Levy (not going to reveal their name or anything for obvious reasons). But they got talking about Rose and the person was pretty damning of him and went as far as to call him “a cancer in the dressing room.”

Take that however you want, just thought I’d share!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I met up with a family member yesterday and found out something interesting I thought I’d share.

He was at a Spurs function and was chatting to a member on our board who deals with the players daily and reports directly to Levy (not going to reveal their name or anything for obvious reasons). But they got talking about Rose and the person was pretty damning of him and went as far as to call him “a cancer in the dressing room.”

Take that however you want, just thought I’d share!
If that's the case then I doubt Poch will hesitate...he'll go in January, we'll already have targets in mind. Sessegnon will be one, there's probably others.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
This from the BBC Sport website - in the context of forthcoming Euro qualifiers and the abuse suffered by Raheem Sterling and other Black players in the media.

Rose thankful for mental health support
Rose revealed he was diagnosed with depression during last season, citing injury and the suicide of his uncle as key triggers.

He now says the timing of making the issue public shortly before the World Cup proved "uncomfortable" but praised the way Southgate supported him.

"It was one of the best things I've done," Rose added.

"Looking back I would have maybe said something after the World Cup. For a short space of time the focus was on me and I was a bit uncomfortable with that.

"The messages and support I received was amazing. I probably wish I had done it sooner than I did, but I did it and I'm happy.

"Gareth was brilliant. He always is whenever I speak to him. We went for a walk on the morning it came out and he just gave me some advice. All through the World Cup he was checking on me. When I'm not with the squad I am in contact with him."