By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Eintracht Frankfurt CL (A)

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
They're coming thick and fast. Eintracht in right good form, having beaten the Bundesliga leaders Union this weekend. From the few times I've seen them recently, they're a decent, physical side, albeit one that has lost some players from their Europa League run last season.

Worryingly, We have not won an away game in Europe in our last six attempts. Even more worrying, we have not beaten Eintracht Frankfurt in forty years.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Thoughts for the travelling fans who will probably end up being battered. Rough part of town

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Kulusevski still out apparently and seemingly will be for a while. With Lucas also out, he's apparently named Bryan Gil in the squad. I wouldn't be remotely shocked to see Royal start tonight either, and probably next week for the return match as well.

You'd think it would make more sense to bring in Doherty or Spence at RB to give them a run in the side rather than the usual stop/start approach of playing one game and not the next.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Fucks sake .. Conte on why he hasn’t been picking Doherty ..

“I’m not stupid, I don’t want to lose!”

Yes, he really said that in his presser. Publicly shitting on one of your players and saying he’s worse than one of your poorest players is great man-management ..

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I know it will be tough, but we really need to win this match. Wouldn't mind 3 in midfield, Peresic on the right and Sessegnon on the left. At least we'd have some attack from out wide.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

Yes, he really said that in his presser. Publicly shitting on one of your players and saying he’s worse than one of your poorest players is great man-management ..
Sounds harsh as a stand alone quote but he did say that last season Doherty was playing all the time but he's been watching him in training & doesn't feel he would be part of his best XI

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

That was an incredible thing to say. I don't think he meant it quite as harsh as it sounded, but still as you say, not great. I can't imagine why Emerson continues to start. Even assuming Tony is right about Spence and Doherty, there are still options without doing the unthinkable (changing formations.)

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

That was an incredible thing to say. I don't think he meant it quite as harsh as it sounded, but still as you say, not great. I can't imagine why Emerson continues to start. Even assuming Tony is right about Spence and Doherty, there are still options without doing the unthinkable (changing formations.)
No, as Style and Glory said above it appeared to be mainly that he wasn’t seeing enough in training to justify picking him, even though it was a very harsh way of putting it.

But then if he isn’t interested in playing Spence as he was a “club signing” then it’s almost like he’s saying that Royal will start every game if he’s fit and available.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
The result in Marseille is not helping. We really need to win this. Draw at the minimum or we could be in serious trouble.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
That’s Conte basically telling fans and the like ‘Fuck You!, I play the team I want!’

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Cancelling each other out at the moment. You’d think there would be a bit more urgency

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Really good half from the team, enjoyed that

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Solid if unspectacular half. Should have put at least one of those chances away.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Um, we didn't look so bad in possession. did we? Why do we have to sit back against Arsenal and Leicester? WE DON'T! Should have scored at least one. They are lucky no VAR at the end as that was clearly a handball. Would feel much better with a lead but we are playing well. Hope nobody gets hurt s they are coming in hard. Ref is letting them play which makes for an enjoyable watch.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Richarlison is so overrated.

Kulusevski is ten times the player.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

70 minutes and no shots on target. I’d be throwing Gil on for Sonny for 20 minutes.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Here we go. Gil to save the day ..

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Enjoyable match but extremely frustrating result.