By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Eric Dier

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I like him but he's not a top 4 player.

Mind you, we aren't a top 4 club anymore but if we get back there it won't be because of players like Eric Dier. I like him in the same way that I liked Michael Dawson as a footballer. He's tough and doesn't shirk it but he's got too many deficiencies in his game to be reliable.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I like him but he's not a top 4 player.

Mind you, we aren't a top 4 club anymore but if we get back there it won't be because of players like Eric Dier. I like him in the same way that I liked Michael Dawson as a footballer. He's tough and doesn't shirk it but he's got too many deficiencies in his game to be reliable.
Dier is a decent player but not world class, however exactly the same as Sanchez he is not a left sided defender. I don't understand for the life of me why Pochettino keeps trying to shoe horn them in. At the minute I guess vertonghen is out so we have no other options. It's madness that this is the case though. We have Toby, Dier, Sanchez and Foyth who are all right sided centre backs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Eric Dier was Kung foo fighting

He jumped those chairs like lightning

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
On the plus side with Dier, at least he gives a shit.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I may be alone on this but I've actually thought Dier has been decent moved back in to defense.
Better that the tanker that he is cruising round midfield making the opposition look superb.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
On the plus side with Dier, at least he gives a shit.
Agreed. I’m pretty sympathetic to him. Injuries and illness have obviously been terrible, but also IMO being moved around from one position to another. Kind of like Jones at man united. Some players just can’t deal with that.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Agreed. I’m pretty sympathetic to him. Injuries and illness have obviously been terrible, but also IMO being moved around from one position to another. Kind of like Jones at man united. Some players just can’t deal with that.
Jones is a fucking window licker....

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Jones is a fucking window licker....
Yeah, but was tipped to be brilliant, was pretty good early in his career, and then got trotted out at CB, RB, and as a defensive midfielder. Now he's utterly useless. Dier isn't that bad, but still.

Reactions: Yid