By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Eric Dier

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I like him but he's not a top 4 player.

Mind you, we aren't a top 4 club anymore but if we get back there it won't be because of players like Eric Dier. I like him in the same way that I liked Michael Dawson as a footballer. He's tough and doesn't shirk it but he's got too many deficiencies in his game to be reliable.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I like him but he's not a top 4 player.

Mind you, we aren't a top 4 club anymore but if we get back there it won't be because of players like Eric Dier. I like him in the same way that I liked Michael Dawson as a footballer. He's tough and doesn't shirk it but he's got too many deficiencies in his game to be reliable.

Dier is a decent player but not world class, however exactly the same as Sanchez he is not a left sided defender. I don't understand for the life of me why Pochettino keeps trying to shoe horn them in. At the minute I guess vertonghen is out so we have no other options. It's madness that this is the case though. We have Toby, Dier, Sanchez and Foyth who are all right sided centre backs.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
On the plus side with Dier, at least he gives a shit.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
On the plus side with Dier, at least he gives a shit.
Agreed. I’m pretty sympathetic to him. Injuries and illness have obviously been terrible, but also IMO being moved around from one position to another. Kind of like Jones at man united. Some players just can’t deal with that.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Agreed. I’m pretty sympathetic to him. Injuries and illness have obviously been terrible, but also IMO being moved around from one position to another. Kind of like Jones at man united. Some players just can’t deal with that.
Jones is a fucking window licker....

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Jones is a fucking window licker....
Yeah, but was tipped to be brilliant, was pretty good early in his career, and then got trotted out at CB, RB, and as a defensive midfielder. Now he's utterly useless. Dier isn't that bad, but still.

Reactions: Yid
NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Fair enough really, you can't have players jumping into the stands even if the abuse is out of order. I would be in danger of the whole back line jumping through the television screen at me. Dier does get too much flak though,

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fair enough really, you can't have players jumping into the stands even if the abuse is out of order. I would be in danger of the whole back line jumping through the television screen at me. Dier does get too much flak though,
Yep, not an unreasonable punishment really, could have been a lot worse.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Yeah, I don't disagree with the punishment, looks like they took his side of the story very much into consideration tbf. Still, terrible timing for him.

I've got a lot of time for Dier, he's definitely not the player he was a few seasons ago, but seems like the sort of teammate you'd like to have.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Its the inconsistency that bugs me,a palace player does a hitler moustache and nazi salute,claims he didnt know what it was and got fuck all,grealish drives,crashes,leaves scene during lockdown gets nothing,kyle walker has a sex party during lockdown,gets nothing,guendouzi throttles a player gets nothing,dele 3 matches for a private post to a "friend",3 matches,son looks at rudiger in a mean way 3 game ban,poch ban after burnley and mike dean, and now Dier.The FA is just another old boys network,looking after the other old boys.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Its the inconsistency that bugs me,a palace player does a hitler moustache and nazi salute,claims he didnt know what it was and got fuck all,grealish drives,crashes,leaves scene during lockdown gets nothing,kyle walker has a sex party during lockdown,gets nothing,guendouzi throttles a player gets nothing,dele 3 matches for a private post to a "friend",3 matches,son looks at rudiger in a mean way 3 game ban,poch ban after burnley and mike dean, and now Dier.The FA is just another old boys network,looking after the other old boys.
I disagree with the Dele ban, that had fuck all to do with football and was just a private bit of stupidity. but the Dier thing deserves a ban.

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Should have been a lengthier ban, in my opinion.

No excuse for a player to go in the stands.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Lucky cunt wont have to watch either...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Should have been a lengthier ban, in my opinion.

No excuse for a player to go in the stands.
Public removal of left nut for a first offence is the minimum I reckon. Bring back the birch for everybody under 30, they're all bastards. Seriously though, I reckon 4 matches is about right, if he had lamped the bloke or Cantona'd him then maybe more would have been justified, but it was all just handbags.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Public removal of left nut for a first offence is the minimum I reckon. Bring back the birch for everybody under 30, they're all bastards. Seriously though, I reckon 4 matches is about right, if he had lamped the bloke or Cantona'd him then maybe more would have been justified, but it was all just handbags.
I dont object to the length,just how we always seem to be the brunt of it and everyone else gets away with stuff,some far worse,like Hennesey`s nazi salute.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I disagree with the Dele ban, that had fuck all to do with football and was just a private bit of stupidity. but the Dier thing deserves a ban.
I agree, but as ever in football these days there's no consistency.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
For some reason the site takes me to the beginning of threads when I get updates about them--that allowed me to read some of what we were saying about Mourinho back when he was linked with bringing Dier to Man United. Who'd have imagined then he'd be our manager now?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just off the phone to a mate who lives in Mykonos. Gave some details on Maguire incident. Said Maguire was attacked from behind on Wednesday night so he went to defend himself. Trouble is, by the time he’d turned around, it was Friday morning & he hit an innocent bystander.