By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

  • Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

    Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.


    Join us!

European Super League

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
need more clubs to push statements

need more european teams to say they wont join.
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
So over here, there are a handful of American sports pundits who've basically wondered what the big deal is. Most are just ignorant of football's structure, and accustomed to the franchise model, so they can be disregarded. But other than some of the spokesmen for the clubs involved, have any of you seen a football personality come out in support of this? Literally everyone--even some clubs I'd have expected to be on the fence, or at least kind of resigned to it--seems to hate it.
 
NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Well said Everton.
That statement is concise and withering - an excellent response.

But it highlights the fact that the bridges are burned and there is no possible return to the status quo. The ESL initiative may well fail and the sick 6 may be chastened, but they will never regain the trust of the other chairmen. I could see the PL collapsing entirely.

Levy and his fellow gluttons have killed the goose that laid the golden eggs.
 
Havocc

Havocc

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Looks like Chelsea are folding, fair play to the fans.

if anyone here is close to the stadium, please do the same thing and aren’t the ground to protest this abomination
 
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Chelsea will no longer take part in a breakaway European Super League.

They are the first club of the 12 teams who announced plans to form a European Super League to walk away from the proposed tournament.

Chelsea’s decision to quit the plans leaves Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur as the five English teams still involved with the breakaway tournament.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck had earlier met with players and staff to discuss the proposals while there were a series of fan protests outside Stamford Bridge ahead of the club’s Premier League match against Brighton & Hove Albion on Tuesday night.
 
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

In the last few moments, it's been reported that Manchester City have joined Chelsea in pulling out of the proposed European Super League.

An exclusive report from Martin Lipton has said the club have told organisers they no longer want to be a part of the £4.6 billion scheme.

The Blues are understood to be the first side to pull out, with Chelsea preparing similar documentation to make their move away.
 
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

The Super League is crumbling less than 48 hours after its announcement, as Barcelona won’t ratify it without the all-clear from Assembly members, while Chelsea and Manchester City are pulling out.

There are also suggestions from Ben Jacobs and others that Atletico Madrid too are ready to reconsider.
 
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
this will resurface in another couple of years. they will try and try and try again until they win the war of attrition
 
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Honestly, this ESL will rightly collapse but I wouldn't be surprised if Levy was the last holdout.
 
Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Talk of Agnelli at Juve and Perez at Madrid going too....

Come on Daniel, do the decent thing!
l0NwNrl4BtDD7JCx2.gif
 
J.spurs

J.spurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
In one regard, that is quite a shame as I felt Woodward was a big part of the reason ManU underperformed.
Yeah, but there will always be another idiot to replace him. That club is rotten from the owners down. I have to say, watching this unfold in real time and imagining these pricks shitting themselves almost makes it all worth it.
 
Havocc

Havocc

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Levy won’t quit, apart form a vote of no confidence by the other board members.

would love it to happen, but cannot see him doing the right thing
 
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Quitting ain't so easy when you own a big chunk of the club. An can we at least pull out before Arsenal? Would be nice to finish ahead of them.;)
 
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Of course Aresnal got their withdrawal announcement out first.
 
Yid

Yid

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
What an out of touch cunt...

LEVY/ENICOUT
 
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
This is what happens when you put having a fucking cheese-room over what the fans really want. Perhaps if Levy's vanity hadn't delivered the stadium a year late and well over budget we may not have had to sell our soul to try and recoup some debt. We may very well have had PL and CL titles as well.

What cunt eats French brie or Dutch fucking edam at the fucking football?

Levy and Louis are motherfuckers. They've made sure we will be forever known as one of football's scab clubs.

Cunts. Fuck off.
 
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What punishment will there be for the Scummy Six? They tried to stuff billions of quids into their pockets, held the Premier League to ransom and have been defeated by everyone who loves football. They have proved beyond doubt that they give not a single fuck about football or the fans, for me that breaks the 'fit and proper' test and they should be banned from having any position in any football club. 51% of the shares in the club should be given to season ticket holders and the other 49% sold, so the greedy fuckers lose half of their investment.
 
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
John (I ate all the pies) Barnes mades some good points this morning. This fan victory is not really a victory at all, the ticket prices are still ridiculous and the cost of watching the 'product' on the telly is also stupidly high. The corporate owners will still make a huge profit, the overpaid ball kickers will still earn daft amounts of money. He called for proper FFP and a salary cap to ensure a level playing field and for football to become accessible to everyone.

That 15 quid a game bollocks in the UK is mental, I pay DAZN €9 a month for all the Premier League games, FA and League Cups , loads of boxing, UFC, F1, tennis, American Netball and more. The Spaniels and other Euros would not pay the extortionate amounts demanded by Sky and BT Sport.
 
Sneeky

Sneeky

VARNA SANKARA
Just a thought,
why not have both..keep the way the clubs are set up and add a super team for the ones that aren't going to get in the National side or are a bit off the pace ?
if these top clubs have been seen as well supported and all the infrastructure is there add to it.
create jobs, bring in the money and increase the brand.

I would go and watch a super bloopers team mid week
 
spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
What punishment will there be for the Scummy Six? They tried to stuff billions of quids into their pockets, held the Premier League to ransom and have been defeated by everyone who loves football. They have proved beyond doubt that they give not a single fuck about football or the fans, for me that breaks the 'fit and proper' test and they should be banned from having any position in any football club. 51% of the shares in the club should be given to season ticket holders and the other 49% sold, so the greedy fuckers lose half of their investment.
There will be no punishment. Your proposed financial flogging is proper justice, but far from being punished, the fucking miscreants will be lavishly rewarded like Viking marauders given boatloads of gold and wimmins to deter them from doing wot got them said, um, booty (hehehe).

50+1 is absolutely the way to go, and nothing even remotely approaching it (c.f. the short-lived Swansea solution) will even be suggested. Who's going to apply the lash? The FA? They'll go back to sleep, arms crooked round their publicly-procured port. The PL? They built the fucking model? Boris? Support proper competition AND community organizing? Give me strength.

This is a relief, but it is in no way a victory, unless you threatening to rob me, and then relenting for the time being, is a victory.

Cunts.
 
Sneeky

Sneeky

VARNA SANKARA
It’s time to head to The Winchester and wait for it all to blow over...
 
Top