By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Fabio Paratici given a two and a half year ban from Football

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy

Just breaking now so a lot of information coming through ..

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I do wonder what will happen though if FIFA do decide to uphold the ban.

Could it potentially mean we’d have to sack him outright or could there be some kind of loophole that allows for him to serve his ban and resume working for us?

But then I suppose two and a half years is a long time and he might not even want to work in football again.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
But then I suppose two and a half years is a long time and he might not even want to work in football again.
People in these positions are addicted to it. I see it similarly to those who work for banks and play with tens of millions on dollars on in the stock market. They need it.

Also, he’s likely a narcissist and will need to prove (to himself) he’s still got it post ban.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Think it's just Italy at the moment? so that Bastoni transfer done?

Everybody is bent in football starting at FIFA and UEFA down, corrupt as you like, massive hypocrisy, the whole shitshow.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Think it's just Italy at the moment? so that Bastoni transfer done?

Everybody is bent in football starting at FIFA and UEFA down, corrupt as you like, massive hypocrisy, the whole shitshow.
Yeah at the moment it’s just Italy but there seems to be a feeling that it will be extended worldwide.

There’s even a story this morning that we might have overpaid for Romero as well who was Paratici’s first signing.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Relevant parts of the thread:
  • Juventus allegedly signed an agreement with players stating that 3 out of the 4 months of renounced wages (covid hit, early 2020) would be paid off balance sheet, spread over time
  • Juventus captain Chiellini allegedly told the team not to share this detail with the media, ... and said whatsapp message was acquired as proof
  • 23 + 17 players (across two seasons, including coach Sarri) could be banned for at least 30 days due to accepting being paid off balance sheet. This would apply also to players (and coach Sarri) who are not at Juventus anymore
  • Juventus could be sanctioned with further point deductions and fines ranging from 1 to 3 times the amount in question. CR7 deferred wages alone are worth €19.6m
  • further sanctions could include automatic relegation and revocation of titles (scudetto of 2019-20)
Another thing to add is that Juventus is a listed company, so off balance sheet liabilites such as deferred wages are a big no-no. Juventus former president Agnelli and several members of the board/directors are being investigated for this as well. The thread above is only re: sporting justice and Juventus, not criminal justice for individuals

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member

Relevant parts of the thread:
  • Juventus allegedly signed an agreement with players stating that 3 out of the 4 months of renounced wages (covid hit, early 2020) would be paid off balance sheet, spread over time
  • Juventus captain Chiellini allegedly told the team not to share this detail with the media, ... and said whatsapp message was acquired as proof
  • 23 + 17 players (across two seasons, including coach Sarri) could be banned for at least 30 days due to accepting being paid off balance sheet. This would apply also to players (and coach Sarri) who are not at Juventus anymore
  • Juventus could be sanctioned with further point deductions and fines ranging from 1 to 3 times the amount in question. CR7 deferred wages alone are worth €19.6m
  • further sanctions could include automatic relegation and revocation of titles (scudetto of 2019-20)
Another thing to add is that Juventus is a listed company, so off balance sheet liabilites such as deferred wages are a big no-no. Juventus former president Agnelli and several members of the board/directors are being investigated for this as well. The thread above is only re: sporting justice and Juventus, not criminal justice for individuals
A few (potentially naive) thoughts spring to mind - weren't Juventus previously in trouble involving bribes and corruption to win the league? Is the club controlled by 'outside' influence where horses heads and sleeping with the fishes might be part of the deal? They seem riddled with corrupt process.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
A few (potentially naive) thoughts spring to mind - weren't Juventus previously in trouble involving bribes and corruption to win the league? Is the club controlled by 'outside' influence where horses heads and sleeping with the fishes might be part of the deal? They seem riddled with corrupt process.
Well there was the whole Calciopoli thing. The Agnellis have always played fast and loose with the law.

Saying that, I don't think they've ever really been associated strongly with organized crime types (except insofar as pretty much all international finance is organized crime these days.) At least not any more than other Italian clubs: I think a lot of the ultra groups--which have influence on the boards of various clubs--do have these kinds of shady connections.

I think they're just an utterly money-grubbing club made more so by the fact that they don't have the £££ to compete with the new money in European football but still see themselves as the biggest club in the world. I mean, we all know they, along with Perez at Madrid, were the ringleaders in the Super League fiasco.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

He's officially stepped away from the club on a "leave of absence" pending the outcome of the appeal on the 19th of April

J

jd2023

Player in Training.
He now reports to Aussie Scott Munn who has a pretty decorated sports administration career down here. Don't think we will fuck around with Parasite much longer and I've got high hopes our off field operations take a turn for the better with that appointment

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Seeing reports that the decision is going to be delayed. Surprise surprise.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hopefully that's that then. Bin him.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I think he did a better-than-decent job whilst he was with us, but surely he has to go. And surely this marketing blowhard/IOC bagman Levy appointed last week canmt be his replacement?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Agreed, not sure we should be that happy. He delivered some excellent signings for us

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I think he did a better-than-decent job whilst he was with us, but surely he has to go. And surely this marketing blowhard/IOC bagman Levy appointed last week canmt be his replacement?
Scott Munn wouldn’t have been his replacement, he would have been his superior.

He’s got a seat on the board so he’s not directly answerable to Levy either.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
So the same day Juventus' points deduction is overturned, some folks suspensions are upheld and others are overturned. Yeah, hardly seems corrupt at all.