By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Farewell to the Lane

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ha Ha ...like we all stand around having a chat!! it's a beer drinking, piss taking, banter and singing contest as far as I can remember......
Haha,I am old school,unless someone shoves their phone in my face,i dont know the line up until if early enough (rarely) i hear the team on the PA,or I see them on the pitch.So talking about that,tactics yeah not really my thing,rather hear about life and who`s turn to push to the bar!!and sing a few songs.I have a tradition,every NLD i call @Stateside Nate from the pub,must be silly o`clock there,probably wake him,with a few bars of "heyyyyyyyyyyyy sol campbell",best way of keeping in touch IMO.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Haha,I am old school,unless someone shoves their phone in my face,i dont know the line up until if early enough (rarely) i hear the team on the PA,or I see them on the pitch.So talking about that,tactics yeah not really my thing,rather hear about life and who`s turn to push to the bar!!and sing a few songs.I have a tradition,every NLD i call @Stateside Nate from the pub,must be silly o`clock there,probably wake him,with a few bars of "heyyyyyyyyyyyy sol campbell",best way of keeping in touch IMO.
I'll see you for more of the same on Saturday 10th February.......starting with a fry up, beans optional ha ha

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
mate we are having a beano for the NLD,get your fucking arse there,its going to be epic!!sure we can all get tickets if we get organised.You,yid,ire and the normally regs don,glen,liam,ted,dorset,has to be done.We cant all just be millenials and only converse on T`net,in a pub is much more fun!!
Book a hotel because I am getting laggin...!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...e-011117/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

doc_lane730.jpg

New docufilm celebrates history of White Hart Lane
Posted on 1 November 2017 - 10:55

We are pleased to unveil a new film to celebrate the legacy of our historic former stadium White Hart Lane.
The Lane captures the 118-year story of the stadium that rose from humble beginnings to become a London landmark.

It brings to life the exhilarating match-day experience and recalls those incredible moments in history, from the glory nights to the unique untold stories that shaped lives. It is the definitive documentary about a stadium that grew from a piece of land to become a second home to millions, from this corner of north London to the rest of the world.

This story is told using rarely seen archive of the classic moments and interviews with legends of the Lane including Cliff Jones, Pat Jennings, Glenn Hoddle, Ledley King and Ossie Ardiles. There’s unparalleled behind-the-scenes access with the current team as the record-breaking final season at White Hart Lane came to an emotional conclusion, as well as the exclusive thoughts of current stars such as Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris and manager Mauricio Pochettino.

The Lane has been produced by leading sporting production house Pitch International and will premiere exclusively in the UK on BT Sport 1 on Saturday 16 December at 9pm.

The one-hour docufilm will also be available to purchase via club channels from Monday 18 December with further details to follow, while it will also be shown around the world in Scandinavia, the Middle East and North Africa, France, Finland and Asia throughout the rest of the month.
bump!! dont forget guys

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Anyone who forgot or has time between stuffing a plump bird today, BTsport1 is showing the lane again at 10.30 gmt. Plenty of streams out there for btsport if you overseas or too scrooge to pay for it !!(like me)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Grr i forgot twice but now bought it on itunes
There will be tears,some bits are difficult arthur rowe and jimmy if they dont smash your heart,84 and the finale different tears of rememberance and joy but dont know why Muamba gets me everytime,my missus was asking about it what was going on,had that 10sec compose yourself british male stiff upper lip before i could reply.
It wasnt really a great documentary about the ground and history more the emotional side of it,if it doesnt make you proud to love this club,football isnt for you (ofc i dont mean you personally here).

If you havent already,get the book "the lane" fantastic images and write up,and 2 pics i can see myself in !!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm watching it today with my 81 year old Dad who refused to let me support any other club (I tried Leeds until I was 6 - we lived up North) thanks Dad. We'll enjoy it together.

I'm also looking forward to the end of this thread and closing the glorious chapter on what in my head is the 'old' WHL. I think it's brilliant that we have a new one, but on the same site as the old, remembering the past but with huge ambition for the future.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm watching it today with my 81 year old Dad who refused to let me support any other club (I tried Leeds until I was 6 - we lived up North) thanks Dad. We'll enjoy it together.

I'm also looking forward to the end of this thread and closing the glorious chapter on what in my head is the 'old' WHL. I think it's brilliant that we have a new one, but on the same site as the old, remembering the past but with huge ambition for the future.
I will bump this thread forever....."lest we forget"

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Really enjoyed watching the documentary with the old man, some of the insight, history and comments from all those associated with the club, were fascinating. Dad loved seeing the huge crowds and, Gilzean, Greaves and Chivers. I Loved my days on the Shelf, queuing for tickets for Cup games the UEFA Cup final (had forgotten we were missing so many players) and Hoddles goals.

Stevie Perryman, legend Graham Roberts not far behind (in my supporting career)

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Did we ever find out what "Mr England is in the South Stand" meant?

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Its a bit of DIY.....used the cards from ST pack as I had 2, frame from Amazon. Didnt have room for 3 picture frame so am going to change the photos.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Looking at @Finchbee framed doodad above, I just remembered I've still got my 2018 membership pack - anyone want it? I don't keep stuff, I don't got no interest in souvenirs or stuff and I don't collect anything. It's got the scarf, pictures, keyring etc. Maybe someone wants it for a nipper or they're sad souvenir hoarding fuckers? PM me your address and I'll post it to ya.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Great post, some great games, too many to go into now, but avoiding the obvious, the 5-1 win over Chelsea in a League Cup semi final second leg when we sang for the whole of the second half and the same against Inter Milan in the Champions League for the first time were memorable highlights for me.

Saw a bloke today wearing a ‘Finale’ gold T shirt in Navy. Baby daughter on his shoulders, made me smile. Guess we’ll both be there tomorrow.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just deserves a bump in the summer,whilst its a bit slow.

BUMP.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Just deserves a bump in the summer,whilst its a bit slow.

BUMP.

Well Vorm and Llorente have gone , thanks for your feck ups Vorm they were legendary , not easy playing 45 games inn5 years , but that was your choice . Enjoy your retirement.
Thank you Llorente , if for nothing else ,that goal at Man City .
Just wish pOch had started Moura last Sat , and bought you on or zkane late on when their defence were a little knackered . Thanks for your service and good luck
Yeah ,mane we’ve made our first signing , a 17 yr old from the Mighty Notts County , played 6 games last year 0 goals and got relegated to the conference , the Spurs are on the March