By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Football coming back?

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Looking forward to finally seeing a bit of live football again this afternoon.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I haven't missed it.... I only watch Spurs and they have been garbage this season and I dont miss it at all....

I dont mind loosing at all, I mind playing like shit and losing though.

Happier if we wrote this season off and started again after the summer.

To be honest if the infection rates keep creeping up then I cant see it being allowed to go ahead.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
I haven't missed it.... I only watch Spurs and they have been garbage this season and I dont miss it at all....

I dont mind loosing at all, I mind playing like shit and losing though.

Happier if we wrote this season off and started again after the summer.

To be honest if the infection rates keep creeping up then I cant see it being allowed to go ahead.
I agree I would prefer the PL season to be cancelled now and look forward to a restart some time in September.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What is the point??subs at dortmund today.

EYJVmtxWAAAZZwx

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Watching the Liepzig Vs Frieburg game. Liepzig should be miles out in front, such really poor finishing.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Watching the Liepzig Vs Frieburg game. Liepzig should be miles out in front, such really poor finishing.
I have watch a bit of Bundasball and on the whole its utter jank... 2 decent teams, bit like most other major leagues....

The prem has a bit more competition but there are now 2 very solid teams half a dozen good sides and on their day any one of up to 12 clubs can finish I the top 6.

Wont ever happen bit football needs to become sustainable again...

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
VAR is alive and well and currently living in the Bundesliga.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Watched a bit of Eintracht Frankfurt v Monchengladbach.

Many players look off the pace & rusty which is understandable.

50,000+ stadium & it sounds like they're playing in a tin can.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I must admit, I'll have a sneaky giggle when Liverpool celebrate their first title in 30 years in front of Agnes and Betty from the Anfield chipper and Jim the groundsman.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Watched a bit of Eintracht Frankfurt v Monchengladbach.

Many players look off the pace & rusty which is understandable.

50,000+ stadium & it sounds like they're playing in a tin can.
.. that's going to be a huge advantage to the goons if the premier League restarts, it will be like a normal match day for them.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I watched the Dortmund game through and Frankfurt, but didn't finish it. It was so bad to watch.

No fans = no intensity

The whole layout is madness. Sit on the bench with masks on 2 metres apart, then get subbed on, take mask off and get in other players faces. It's ridiculous. Apparently covid can creep through the stands but not onto the grass pitch. Why have we not known this all along. Could have sat in the park with mates while it was sunny.

German channels were playing fake crowd noise through the TV. Didn't witness this myself but apparently it was very accurate.

I know the prem is a better league but I can tell you now if having no fans could be extended through all next season the sport will lose millions of followers, some permanently.

Last edited:
Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Troy Deeney has refused to go back to training, rightly being worried about the health of his young family.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Which basically means the league HAS to be cancelled surely ?
Took the words right out of my mouth...

If this goes ahead, putting lives at risk then that's me done.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Which basically means the league HAS to be cancelled surely ?
you would think so eh?if someone you were in contact with you would have to isolate,surely a whole team would if they train together.?

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
you would think so eh?if someone you were in contact with you would have to isolate,surely a whole team would if they train together.?
Absolutely....for 2 weeks! Its ridiculous even contemplating finishing the season. But the powers that be, dont give a shit about the welfare of footballers or anybody else once the contracts have been fulfilled and the wallets are full!

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
People will argue about the money being paid to footballers and because of that, they should fulfill their obligations...but fair play to Troy Deeney for speaking out and pointing out the insanity. Fair play to him..
As @Yid said, lives are at risk here...

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Six tested positive now and apparently the Premier League have decreed they will go into isolation for 7 days, funny that because I thought the science led stuff said 14? 22 players, 4 officials, coaches, managers, physios etc. all exposed to blokes running around, breathing heavily, sweating - what could go wrong?

The fucking Tory ministers (should read monsters) say football coming back would be a boost to the nation's morale, yeah just like lobbing Christians to the Lions boosted the Roman citizen's morale. Never forgive, never forget what these Brexit bastards have done. and are doing now. They only care about money.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I just noticed that the 6 positives have come from 3 clubs, so in any sane universe those clubs should be ruled out of competing. Actually In a sane universe nobody would even be thinking about restarting football or sending kids back to school.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I just noticed that the 6 positives have come from 3 clubs, so in any sane universe those clubs should be ruled out of competing. Actually In a sane universe nobody would even be thinking about restarting football or sending kids back to school.
.... correct and if those clubs are unable to compete, the matches they are supposed to be playing and therefore the league they are playing in, must be cancelled.

Are we the only people who see this as common sense? Do other regular folk not get that Troy Deeney isnt just angling for a few more weeks off work?

I dont frequent the rest of the interweb so dont know what others think.

Maybe people are much bigger cunts than I thought.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
You think 6 positive case out of the hundreds that were tested is going to stop the PL money machine?

Not a chance, it should, but it won't.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
On the radio today they were saying that the average number of players & staff that tested positive was on a par with the Bundesliga so they were happy with that..... I dont know. This is beyond idiotic.
Surely if more high profile players say "No", they'll have to cancel. I know they are the property of the clubs but there has to be a loophole in terms of health and safety ?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
On the radio today they were saying that the average number of players & staff that tested positive was on a par with the Bundesliga so they were happy with that..... I dont know. This is beyond idiotic.
Surely if more high profile players say "No", they'll have to cancel. I know they are the property of the clubs but there has to be a loophole in terms of health and safety ?
I reckon they’ll be able to struggle on for a few months on their meagre salaries.......just stop this nonsense whatever the motivation. Work on a plan for the 2020/21 season that works.