By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Harry Kane

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Of course I am pleased for Harry, but only because he is pleased himself. The postbox thing was good, our local shooting bloke got one when I used to be Ingerlish, now according to the evil bitch I am a 'citizen of nowhere', a nice place on the Costa Blanca. I just hate the idea of Empire, it's gone, thank fuck. I hate the idea of badges, medals, honours etc. if you fell good and believe you have done good who gives a flying fuck if it is 'official' and you get a badge?
All that wouldnt be let in the cubs rage,let it out mate

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Evening Standard and ESPN reporting in an interview that Harry is happy to stay at Spurs forever so long as the club match his ambition to win trophies. Guess that means he's off.:oops:

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Anyone notice in the spurs behind the scenes video,in the tunnel Harry told Hugo if he can win the toss kick towards the south stand 2nd half.Always thinking on situations,how to push an advantage.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Anyone notice in the spurs behind the scenes video,in the tunnel Harry told Hugo if he can win the toss kick towards the south stand 2nd half.Always thinking on situations,how to push an advantage.
Have to ask myself..... who is the driving force behind this team in the dressing room? Why is Harry not the captain?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Have to ask myself..... who is the driving force behind this team in the dressing room? Why is Harry not the captain?
remember the old we dont have any leaders of a few years back,jan,toby,dier,harry could all be captains in most teams,hugo is the incumbent but surely next season????

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
remember the old we dont have any leaders of a few years back,jan,toby,dier,harry could all be captains in most teams,hugo is the incumbent but surely next season????
I'm not adverse to getting shot of Hugo. Give Gaza more run outs and get some young kid on the bench... I think captaincy and a nice wedge will keep him here for a couple of seasons. We do need to hit the ground running next season in our new/old gaff in order to keep the squad happy. We also need the likes of Gazza, Foyth, KWP, Parrot etc to seriously up their game and push for starts as the core of the side is getting on and eager for success beit with us or someone else.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well he's captain of the country so time for a change?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
How do you demote a captain though, other than club discipline or getting shot of him?

I personally think he should have lost the armband when he got nicked...
Yes, with hindsight that would have been perfect. Hugo can be an unbelieveable shot stopper, but he has this terrible distribution problem and occasional error in him, France and Spurs.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Rumours floating about H may be fit for Everton...?

If he is, does he play? Would it be best to continue his rehab and strengthening through the close season so he is 100% next season?

Now please dont think I'm suggesting this but remember when Torres was run out by the dippers prior to his sale.to Chavski... proof of his return to fitness prior to a ridiculous bumper sale, only to have lost a yard of pace and not be the same player we saw tear Prem defences apart.

If he is fucked, I mean proper not getting better fucked then would we consider it? Would he consider it while his stock is still absolutely sky high so he can get some serious wedge including signing on fees and sponsorship packages?

It's just a thought (a shitty one I know) but if he is fucked, we would surely need to cash in.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Rumours floating about H may be fit for Everton...?

If he is, does he play? Would it be best to continue his rehab and strengthening through the close season so he is 100% next season?

Now please dont think I'm suggesting this but remember when Torres was run out by the dippers prior to his sale.to Chavski... proof of his return to fitness prior to a ridiculous bumper sale, only to have lost a yard of pace and not be the same player we saw tear Prem defences apart.

If he is fucked, I mean proper not getting better fucked then would we consider it? Would he consider it while his stock is still absolutely sky high so he can get some serious wedge including signing on fees and sponsorship packages?

It's just a thought (a shitty one I know) but if he is fucked, we would surely need to cash in.

I think it depends on how he is feeling and whether we make it to the CL final. I doubt he'd start in any case. He really needs to stop chasing down every lost cause like a maniac though.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think it depends on how he is feeling and whether we make it to the CL final. I doubt he'd start in any case. He really needs to stop chasing down every lost cause like a maniac though.
But that's what got him golden boots bruv... hed latch onto sloppy defenders high up the pitch and he'd get a free goal. I also think it's part of Pochs tactics, to press high and force teams wide and into culdesacs.

Hey I hope to shit that he recovers properly and that we get the proper H back..... it's just nagging away at me that this ankle is going to be an ongoing issue and will start to effect his game.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
But that's what got him golden boots bruv... hed latch onto sloppy defenders high up the pitch and he'd get a free goal. I also think it's part of Pochs tactics, to press high and force teams wide and into culdesacs.

Hey I hope to shit that he recovers properly and that we get the proper H back..... it's just nagging away at me that this ankle is going to be an ongoing issue and will start to effect his game.

The team certainly needs him to pressure defenders and it's great that he has that workrate both on and off the ball but in my opinion the team also needs him to learn the balance between this and the need for the team to have him on the field and at full capacity. His desire to get the ball back after he's made a mistake or something has gone wrong is a great testament to his competitiveness and willingness to work for the team but I do think it needs to be channeled differently. Several ex-pros/coaches have said similar. This means not chasing all over the pitch and making bad challenges for little return other than getting injured.

I'd be surprised if Poch would have any issue with him keeping his feet more and not chasing like a madman when he could hand off the player to someone else, and/or shepherd the player to a less dangerous position and cut the passing lane as the first option. We only have a couple of players that I would trust 100% to leave their feet and not either injure themselves or get a yellow and in any case most effective out of possession play is more about positioning and timing.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

Think he’ll be fine long term mate, obviously I have nothing really to base that on. Just think that if any player had rolled their ankle like he did in the challenge with Delph, then they too would’ve probably suffered a similar fate.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Harry Kane went down to the #thfc dressing room at half-time last night and went mental at the players, according to Kieran Trippier.
Trippier: "Harry is exceptional for club and country. I don't know the time scale with his injury but we are obviously all hoping he can be back, because even his presence here - at half-time he is coming in and going mental at us because we can do better which we all knew."
"This is what we need, the leadership that he has. The way he came in at half-time and he was not happy, we all knew that. He just gives us that extra lift because his presence is massive for us."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Harry Kane went down to the #thfc dressing room at half-time last night and went mental at the players, according to Kieran Trippier.
Trippier: "Harry is exceptional for club and country. I don't know the time scale with his injury but we are obviously all hoping he can be back, because even his presence here - at half-time he is coming in and going mental at us because we can do better which we all knew."
"This is what we need, the leadership that he has. The way he came in at half-time and he was not happy, we all knew that. He just gives us that extra lift because his presence is massive for us."
That’s great and all very well, but shows a bit of lack of character from the other blokes if they need Sir Harry to come and fire them up? I’m ean it’s a CL semi final FFS.....

I liked Sissoko’s comment, ‘It was impossible, so we did it’ can this guy transform himself any more?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
That’s great and all very well, but shows a bit of lack of character from the other blokes if they need Sir Harry to come and fire them up? I’m ean it’s a CL semi final FFS.....

I liked Sissoko’s comment, ‘It was impossible, so we did it’ can this guy transform himself any more?

"It surprised me," Pochettino said at a news conference.
"Listen to Trippier - he didn't say Harry was talking. It wasn't a team talk [from Harry]. He was there like Davinson Sanchez or another player not involved.
"Trippier said 'his presence'. Harry was there and translated confidence and of course emotion.
"But to be honest, I was talking. It wasn't a moment to talk too much. And in the end who lifted them before they went on the pitch was our captain, Hugo Lloris. I remember the words of Hugo Lloris as I was leaving the dressing room. He was shouting, 'We are close, we need to score one goal more, never give up and try because the moment we score we're going to be in the tie'."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It's great to hear that Hugo does that type of thing as our captain. It doesn't come across like that as well on the field, but it's great if he sets his stall out in the dressing room.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Begs the question why is Poch talking it down?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Begs the question why is Poch talking it down?
Does it take away from his team management to inspire the players for the biggest 45 mins of all their lives?

Does it diminish his impact and worth?

Does it look like Kane has undermined him, Hugo and the rest of the coaching team....?

I actually dont give a single fuck about any of it.

I'm just glad we rolled the dice on a hiding to nothing and came up smelling if roses.

Simba

Simba

Player in Training.
My guess is that Pochettino doesn't want to upset Lloris publicly or undermine him as club captain. Either that or Lloris genuinely had the last words and they were more or equally inspiring. You have to remember that this whole thing was started by the English media asking Trippier about Kane. If the French media had asked Sissoko about Lloris no one would have heard.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
My guess is that Pochettino doesn't want to upset Lloris publicly or undermine him as club captain. Either that or Lloris genuinely had the last words and they were more or equally inspiring. You have to remember that this whole thing was started by the English media asking Trippier about Kane. If the French media had asked Sissoko about Lloris no one would have heard.
Poch likes to rightly make it about the team thats out there,not who is missing,not who could be playing.Its pretty much his party line since day one.Could just be that 10 secs of harry talking resonated with some of the english lads as he is their national team captain.Nothing to see here really,lloris,kane poch,mother teresa whatever inspired them I`ll take it.

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think he genuinely thinks they are all stars.... some shine brighter than others occasionally of course.
That is always his point,we are at least 25 players,no one more or less,no excuse if kane,eriksen and dele are out because we have 3 others,why make it harder to live up to filling their boots with a woe is me mourinio whine telling them they arent good enough.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Some gamesmanship here by Poch regarding Kane.

Poch on Kane: "Harry in the last week start to be involved in the group. The situation with him is very positive. I still cannot tell you he'll be 100% fit, available to start, be on the bench, or out. But we're happy with his progression."