By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Harry Kane

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Alasdair Gold: “Those around Harry Kane are suggesting that he would be willing to talk about a new deal, as he is very happy at #Tottenham now under Antonio Conte.”

From the Gold and Guest podcast

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Oh what the fucking fuck, just go Harry, fer fucks sake. You are way too good for Levy and his minions, you deserve to win a fucking trophy, you deserve to win all the fucking trophies. Tell Levy to fuck off and go to City, if that tosser Haaaaaaaland can score all them goals when the only thing he can do is score, the lumbering great cunt, then you could score millions, win the league, the FA Cup, the League cup and the Champions League - in fact get a Argie passport and you could nab the World Cup as well. You have done everything you could but that cunt Levy will never do everything he can so toddle off with my blessing, you are and always will be a Spurs legend.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Oh what the fucking fuck, just go Harry, fer fucks sake. You are way too good for Levy and his minions, you deserve to win a fucking trophy, you deserve to win all the fucking trophies. Tell Levy to fuck off and go to City, if that tosser Haaaaaaaland can score all them goals when the only thing he can do is score, the lumbering great cunt, then you could score millions, win the league, the FA Cup, the League cup and the Champions League - in fact get a Argie passport and you could nab the World Cup as well. You have done everything you could but that cunt Levy will never do everything he can so toddle off with my blessing, you are and always will be a Spurs legend.
I agree with all of that, but personally would struggle with him leaving because right now we are more than ever a one man team.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
If he stays, it would be brilliant, if he went I think he'd have the best wishes and gratitude of everyone. But more importantly i'd say he's relieved he didn't break the record last night while looking like a power ranger.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Well done Harry. I forgive you. You're a good lad. Please stay with us for the rest of your hopefully very long career.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn't train with the first team today... being kept away from the squad...

I just caught the arse end of a SSN report...

What the fuck...?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Let him go win something. He will be the best english striker maybe ever to not win a single thing besides the fcking audi cup

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm struggling to think of a better all round prolific goal scorer... Ronaldo maybe... Messi... the old German lad...

He could be a great of the game if he picked up some trophies. I don't want to see him wearing another shirt... but... nah I can't type it...

Last edited:
ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
As much as I also want him to be a one club player, it really will be a crying shame if he finishes his career without any honours. He'd end up as a trivia question - "Who is the best english player to never win a winner's medal?"

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Let’s say he wins the league or FA cup. Is the trophy talk going to stop? No, it will change into “Harry’s only won one trophy or Harry has only won the league cup”.

Shearer won the league, and still gets ask those type of questions. If he stays or leaves, it will always follow him, and it make no difference to his legacy as a footballer.

As much as I love the player, he is our player under contract and we should either sell him for the price we think is his price, offer him a new contract or let him go for free in 18 months.

We should not be thinking we should sell him because he hasn’t won anything. He has had the fucking opportunity to win at Spurs, but look at his performance in the finals.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Let’s say he wins the league or FA cup. Is the trophy talk going to stop? No, it will change into “Harry’s only won one trophy or Harry has only won the league cup”.

Shearer won the league, and still gets ask those type of questions. If he stays or leaves, it will always follow him, and it make no difference to his legacy as a footballer.
Correct. And/or they’ll ask why he didn’t win anything with England.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Now that he’s our best ever goal scorer, we should let Harry Kane leave, because he won’t win any trophies with our team.

My money is on Brazil, but Argentina or Germany would be possibilities.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Just a random stream of consciousness on a Sunday morning ..

At the moment, Kane is 51 goals away from beating Shearer's all time record and he's 29, so you could argue he's got one more contract in him before he hangs up his boots.

Even if he had a couple of mediocre seasons, he's still all but certain to beat Shearer so I don't think he'll leave and go abroad.

That would leave him with two avenues. He either signs a new deal with us and commits to the club for the remainder of his career on the off chance we can fluke a trophy along the way, or he leaves on a free next year and joins another Premier League club.

If Pochettino is still at Chelsea after next season, it's highly likely Kane would want to go and work with him again so you'd potentially have that nightmare scenario to look forward to.

If Kane does subsequently inform Levy in a few weeks that he won't be signing a new deal, it would be amusing to see Levy desperately trying to secure a sizeable transfer fee for him rather than lose him on a free.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
8c9kzmyvs4bb1.png

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
It’s the right approach from Postecoglou. Either Kane wants to be here or he doesn’t. He’ll either buy into what the gaffer is looking to do, or he won’t.

There is no point pandering to Kane. If he wants out then the only decision to be made is whether Levy sells him now or whether he leaves next summer. Bugger spending the next 12 months trying to convince him to sign a new deal and the media circus that comes with that.

Richarlison is the ideal replacement in Postecoglou’s system so I am more at peace with the prospect of Kane leaving than I was a year or two ago.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It’s the right approach from Postecoglou. Either Kane wants to be here or he doesn’t. He’ll either buy into what the gaffer is looking to do, or he won’t.

There is no point pandering to Kane. If he wants out then the only decision to be made is whether Levy sells him now or whether he leaves next summer. Bugger spending the next 12 months trying to convince him to sign a new deal and the media circus that comes with that.

Richarlison is the ideal replacement in Postecoglou’s system so I am more at peace with the prospect of Kane leaving than I was a year or two ago.
Have to agree, if we can wring Bayern out of 100+ million then we in theory can strengthen the entire squad... agre eabout Richi, he will be hungry to impress and he has all the tools to do it.

If Kane signs a new deal I'll be buzzing... but the lad owes us fuck all.

I think the fly in the ointment is Utd... they want him, he wants the goals records etc...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So, while mowing the grass, I was doing a bit of thinking ahead of the game today and specifically about a line up... the squad... that will not feature Harry Kane...

Yes we're all very pragmatic nowerdays, yes we've all grown up a lot, together, on here, over what seems like decades... and we may now see through different eyes...

But the best striker, goal scorer, maybe player to ever play for our club has just left so that he can win trophies...

And yes, you can probably see where this and most of my posts are going nowerdays but the reason behind the (potentially) best player we've ever had leaving our club, is due to the squad around him not being good enough for him to win trophies with us...

That's obviously on Levys shoulders and the cluster fuck of the last 5 years that have seen 5 managers fail to make the squad sing... 5 managers who have all been short changed in the transfer market or provided players who don't meet their requirements...

Levy is the reason Kane hasn't signed a new deal at the club and chosen to spend his entire career here...

Who knows if Ange was sold a lie... if he was assured it's a formality until Kane resigns for him to build a squad around... either way his job just got even fucking harder without Kanes guaranteed 35+ goals a season to drag a few points out of games we shouldn't win...

Good luck to Harry, and I don't know how, but I hope he has the chance to come back and play in a Spurs side worthy of him...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There was a bloke on LBC the other day who said Kane wasn't that important to our team and there were other players who could score goals. He was apparently a lifelong Spurs fan, he said he was, but he obviously had never seen a game where Harry was playing. It wasn't just the goals he scored, how many goals did we score where Harry wasn't involved? I don't know, but i's probably a fucking low number. In a team with no ambition, no vision and shit passing skills Kane was a shining light of ability. I'm not blaming the other players, all that micro managing, tactical slide-rule football must snuff out any flair they might have had. The 'Lifelong Spurs fan' also said we should just get in a like for like player to replace Kane! Yeah right, let's nip down to the Footballers shop and buy a new Harry Kane.

Kane is a Spurs LEGEND. Let's hope Ange can develop some new ones to try and live up to his high level. It seems like just a short while ago we were discussing if Kane would ever be world class - ha ha what a bunch of cunts we were eh? Actually I still am one, too old to change now.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate, read the first few pages of this very thread...

2 season wonder...!!!

Fuck me... we know fuck all.