By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Holy fuck batman its no way Jose.....

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I also just remembered that it was ENIC who got rid of George Graham, so they have a golden opportunity to do the right thing again,

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I also just remembered that it was ENIC who got rid of George Graham, so they have a golden opportunity to do the right thing again,
enic and do the right thing,words you dont see together often.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Jamie O'Hara is a gobby wanker? I seem to remember him saying something really stupid last week as well, but I stop reading when my stupidometer reaches 5.

Soz but I must strongly disagree...

I have listened to enough of Our former Employee Mr O'Hara to recognise his comments of those of a bitter, self important, grandiose, double cunt, gob shite.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The RIGHT thing would be to sell at cost price to a fan based conglomerate who would immediately reappointed Poch giving him a war chest to regenerate the squad...

Disney would make a fucking movie about it...!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Maybe wishful thinking but I don't think he'll last the summer. IIRC Graham complained publicly about the lack of spending, and that IMO is what will do this prick in.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Maybe wishful thinking but I don't think he'll last the summer. IIRC Graham complained publicly about the lack of spending, and that IMO is what will do this prick in.
Trouble is he wont be the first... and were seeing the same shit happen again and again...

I'm so fucking bored of being a tight as fuck club...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So for any missionaries this actually is the Mourinho thread.Probably why its pinned and at the top,thats how forums work eh.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
So for any missionaries this actually is the Mourinho thread.Probably why its pinned and at the top,thats how forums work eh.
Problem with forums is, if you look at newest posts instead of all posts for your discussion then a thread with nothing said on it since early March doesn't appear.

Thanks for the heads up though. 👍

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Problem with forums is, if you look at newest posts instead of all posts for your discussion then a thread with nothing said on it since early March doesn't appear.

Thanks for the heads up though. 👍
Lol that's because were all living in the past and hoping if we ignore the cunt long enough he will go away....

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
I've just read though this thread, some interesting viewpoints on Mourinho.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Mourinho has had some of the best talents in the world yet he is prone to shackling them with his suffocating tactics. He inhibits their potential.
Yet he has won every major trophy? How is that inhibiting potential?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Yet he has won every major trophy? How is that inhibiting potential?
Just because they won, doesn't mean they played to their potential.

Mourinho has had a wealth of talent at his disposal wherever he has gone (less so at Porto). That over abundance of talent across the field compensates for his tactics. His tactics are negative. As I said in the other thread, he would rather let the other team have the ball. So in essence; he's got highly skilled players in every position who's strengths lie in their ball handling, vision, passing, shooting & speed yet they spend 70% - 80% of their time of the pitch defending. They still win 1 - 0, but Is that meeting their potential?

Could another manager have done more with those players? Imagine what Klopp, Nagelsmann / Rangnick, or even Harry Redknapp could have done with them?

Ask a lot of these players how they feel about playing for Jose.

It's similar to this analogy.
Put me in a 100 m race with Usain Bolt***.
He would beat me even if you put him in cement shoes. Doesn't mean Bolt ran as fast as he could. But he'd still win.
Would he have won against elite runners with having to run in those same shoes? That would frustrate if he had greater ambitions.

*** denotes Bolt could only beat me in his prime ;)

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
George Graham won trophies at the scum for years....and what was that team known for ? (The back 4) and what was the phrase that summed them up ? (1-0 to the Arsenal )........no thanks. Boring suffocating cynical shite football that wins trophies is not something that will be tolerated here imo. Levy would probably love it, ..but the vast majority of the fans wont...at least I would hope that would be the case...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
George Graham won trophies at the scum for years....and what was that team known for ? (The back 4) and what was the phrase that summed them up ? (1-0 to the Arsenal )........no thanks. Boring suffocating cynical shite football that wins trophies is not something that will be tolerated here imo. Levy would probably love it, ..but the vast majority of the fans wont...at least I would hope that would be the case...
Most old skool fans who support spurs because of their history not just because we have had a recent flash of form and marquee players.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Most old skool fans who support spurs because of their history not just because we have had a recent flash of form and marquee players.
Agreed.
I suspect many fans jumped on the Spurs bandwagon when Bale was with us & then with Kane's & Dele's emergence.
Many of whom have little understanding of the Spurs Style of play. & history.
We're not immune to fair weather fans.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
They're showing old games on Eir sport here...last night I watched Tottenham v Man Utd from 1981...I remembered watching it with my Dad on Match of the day. We won 3-1...I ended up going on to you tube till the early hours and watched the 81 and 82 cup finals, the 84 uefa cup final and let me tell ya....I had a smile that would rival any Cheshire cat....sheer bliss!!

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Apologies..I know that's got nothing to do with Mourinho but when "old school " was brought up, I thought I'd mention it...

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Agreed.
I suspect many fans jumped on the Spurs bandwagon when Bale was with us & then with Kane's & Dele's emergence.
Many of whom have little understanding of the Spurs Style of play. & history.
We're not immune to fair weather fans.
Yeah fecking bandwagon jumperonners. I have to admit that I am one of them. I only started supporting Spurs when they had all them flash star players like Mackay, Greavsie, Nice One, Jennings and Bill Nicholson in the gaffer's seat.

It doesn't mater to me when someone started supporting Spurs - Dimi and Robbie, Harry, Bale, Kane, whatever. It does annoy me when people who don't really like football judge the team solely on shineys in the cupboard, but almost everybody in the entire world gets on my tits so that's not unsurprising. Personally I do't get how you can change the team you support based on results. All them City switchers back in days of old in a forum far far away really made my arse itch. Tinpot cup tosspots are the worst and when I am the benevolent dictator of the whole world they will be cleaning the bogs.