By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Holy fuck batman its no way Jose.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

We are delighted to announce the appointment of Jose Mourinho as Head Coach on a contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season.
Jose is one of the world’s most accomplished managers having won 25 senior trophies. He is renowned for his tactical prowess and has managed FC Porto, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United. He has won a domestic title in a record four different countries (Portugal, England, Italy and Spain) and is one of only three managers to have won the UEFA Champions League twice with two clubs, FC Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010. He is also a three-time Premier League Champion with Chelsea (2005, 2006, 2015).
Commenting on the appointment, Chairman Daniel Levy said: “In Jose we have one of the most successful managers in football. He has a wealth of experience, can inspire teams and is a great tactician. He has won honours at every club he has coached. We believe he will bring energy and belief to the dressing room.”
Speaking on his appointment, Jose said: “I am excited to be joining a Club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
If we get a hungry Mourinho, there are not many better coaches. This is going to be some rollercoaster

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If we get a hungry Mourinho, there are not many better coaches. This is going to be some rollercoaster
Lets see if we get looks like a tramp jose or

images

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well he didn’t exactly transform United did eh?

For fuck sake it’s hard work supporting Spurs sometimes.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This could be like Fred West doing your patio.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Good luck to Troy Parrott, Oliver Skipp and the rest. Forever PL2 for you boys now....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good luck to Troy Parrott, Oliver Skipp and the rest. Forever PL2 for you boys now....
Good luck maurizio pochettino,he can expect a code red in the bunks tonight 😬

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Without knowing the real context of the sacking......We had the chance to build a dynasty at Spurs, Fergie style and Levy caved in. There was a special relationship between the manger and the fans and until recently the manager and the players. That's gone in dramatic style now, because Levy saw a CL hole in his business plan of about £60m plus increased sponsorship deals, food & beverage and ticket revenue etc. So he's gone for what appears to be an obvious 'guaranteed' (??) fix. This neglects all the good work of the last 5 years and the fact that he could have easily funded extra money to support Poch with new players, if he could borrow £800m for a new Stadium, then an extra £70m or so on the mortgage wouldn't have been difficult. No, he's now gone for dressing room disruption, marmite management, ruination of youth policy, defensive boring football and a complete lack of atmosphere in his shiny new stadium. George Graham mark 2. I despair this morning, Ok so we might win the FA Cup and the Europa League next year, Maureen did that at United I think, (might have been the League Cup) but I would prefer Pochettino passionate Spurs every day of the week and twice on Sundays thank you Mr Levy.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
And it’s clearly been lined up for a while. Had Pochettino even cleaned out his office before the club announced a new manager?

Tacky, classless and downright fucking rude.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Without knowing the real context of the sacking......We had the chance to build a dynasty at Spurs, Fergie style and Levy caved in. There was a special relationship between the manger and the fans and until recently the manager and the players. That's gone in dramatic style now, because Levy saw a CL hole in his business plan of about £60m plus increased sponsorship deals, food & beverage and ticket revenue etc. So he's gone for what appears to be an obvious 'guaranteed' (??) fix. This neglects all the good work of the last 5 years and the fact that he could have easily funded extra money to support Poch with new players, if he could borrow £800m for a new Stadium, then an extra £70m or so on the mortgage wouldn't have been difficult. No, he's now gone for dressing room disruption, marmite management, ruination of youth policy, defensive boring football and a complete lack of atmosphere in his shiny new stadium. George Graham mark 2. I despair this morning, Ok so we might win the FA Cup and the Europa League next year, Maureen did that at United I think, (might have been the League Cup) but I would prefer Pochettino passionate Spurs every day of the week and twice on Sundays thank you Mr Levy.
Sky are saying the comments he could leave if we won the champions league,and refusal to denounce links to man u and madrid led to them questioning his loyalty.

This from a bloke who publically sacked a manager at half time during a european match.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
And it’s clearly been lined up for a while. Had Pochettino even cleaned out his office before the club announced a new manager?

Tacky, classless and downright fucking rude.
Lyon claim when they approached him in october he told them he was already lined up in a job so no thanks.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
From THST - this is the view I most agree with.

THST statement on Mauricio Pochettino
11/19/2019

Picture

We’re shocked and saddened to hear our Club has sacked Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff. During his time at Spurs, Poch gave us many of our best moments as supporters, made Tottenham Hotspur a force to be reckoned with again, and forged a strong link with the fans. We will never forget the joy he brought us.

Of course, results in the league have been disappointing for some time. But many fans thought Poch had earned the right to turn it around in the first sustained period of poor form we’ve had during his time at the Club. We now have to look forward and take stock. But there are questions that must be asked of the Board of THFC.

The Club’s statement makes it clear the Board has decided to sack the manager and coaching staff. It is their decision. We question why this decision was taken at the end, rather than the beginning, of the international break. We question whether the timing of the decision leaves the Club with much choice in who takes over.

To take the decision it has, the Board must have a clear plan for what and who comes next. It needs to tell this Club’s supporters what that plan is. And the Board also needs to consider its own role in this. Is the manager solely accountable? How much has the Board’s line on wages and transfers contributed to player unrest and disaffection? How much did it contribute to the situation we now find ourselves in? And will it change to help support a new manager?

We’d like to put on record our thanks to Mauricio Pochettino, Jesus Perez, Toni Jiminez and Miguel D'Agostino for the fantastic football and magical moments they have brought us over the last five years.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Interesting that no-one has started a 'Welcome Jose Mourinho' thread........??

When I first see the runt in Spurs training wear I'm going to feel sick.

Reactions: Yid
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Interesting that no-one has started a 'Welcome Jose Mourinho' thread........??

When I first see the runt in Spurs training wear I'm going to feel sick.

I think the thing is usually u feel a bit MEH about a signing or else you are ecstatic. This is the first time I've genuinely had a knot in my stomach and am proper down about something at Spurs.

I honestly don't think I can support that man. He is an absolute dickhead.

The thing about this clown for me is he may win us a cup, but the road to it won't be worth watching. It's like watching a TV series at 2 hours an episode u fucking hate cause someone told u the last 10 minutes of episode 20 are class. That's the Jose road to glory. Boring as fuck!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I kind of understand this boring/negative football opinion. Now, i remember many must win away games where he parked the bus but got the result that led to the victory. He knows how to win the must win games.

I also remember his Porto, Chelsea and Madrid sides who played incredible football.

Uniteds squad was poor, he was never going to achieve anything without paying defensively, we have a better squad which will lead to attractive football.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think the thing is usually u feel a bit MEH about a signing or else you are ecstatic. This is the first time I've genuinely had a knot in my stomach and am proper down about something at Spurs.

I honestly don't think I can support that man. He is an absolute dickhead.

The thing about this clown for me is he may win us a cup, but the road to it won't be worth watching. It's like watching a TV series at 2 hours an episode u fucking hate cause someone told u the last 10 minutes of episode 20 are class. That's the Jose road to glory. Boring as fuck!
Is there any spurs fan at one time or another not sung "fuck off mourinho"?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We've sold what was left of the club's soul for 2 1/2 seasons culminating with an EFL Cup won on penalties after a scoreless draw.

Aside from the youngsters, I wonder which player Jose will arbitrarily freeze out and publicly humiliate? There's always someone.