By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

How are we 5th, 6th, 7th, no .. 8th

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Somehow, despite having wossisname as our manager were are still 5th. This will probably change tomorrow when United win and we will drop to 6th. Wolves, Everton, Arsenal are snapping at our heels, and one, two or three of those teams will be within one game of overtaking us. There is a serious danger of us dropping out of the top half of the table soon. Yep, we are still 5th but we are teetering on the brink of doom, the chasm of des[air, the precipice of bollocksness. Some folks seem to think that 5th is cool, because City are banned from the CL next year, I am not one of them because City are appealing (they're not of course they are hideous) - I think they will bung some wedge around and win the appeal, and I cannot see us holding on to even 5th the way we are playing and being managed at the moment.

I still have faith though. We will probably win the Champions League this year and the FA Cup, that would be nice and qualify us for next year's "Levy's European Earner". If we don't win the CL, then I think even Thursday nights will be free for us to watch whatever soaps you blokes in the 4th Reich watch. I of course don't watch English telly because that would mean I would have to tell porkies about having a licence fee and using a thing called a VPN - whatever that is. Anyway it's a chilly day here on the Costa Blanca, 24 degrees and sunny, I have a very nice bottle of Rioja that cost me €3 (yeah, classy, not my usual €1.25 bottle),so at least it's only Spurs that is giving me arseache at the moment. Hasta Luego!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
7th now with the 4 teams below us all within 3 points. The only way I can see us in Europe next season is if we win the Champions League (or the FA Cup for Europe League). There is now a serious danger we will end the season in the bottom half of the table, an unpleasant place we have not been since 2008.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
7th now with the 4 teams below us all within 3 points. The only way I can see us in Europe next season is if we win the Champions League (or the FA Cup for Europe League). There is now a serious danger we will end the season in the bottom half of the table, an unpleasant place we have not been since 2008.
Hopefully the chairman will sack the manager....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Hopefully the chairman will sack the manager....
Yeah, but who the fuck is going to sack the chairman? Really, it's all down to him. The JpMp fanboys say it's not that cunt's fault because Harry and Sonny are injured, but it IS Levy's fault that we are so reliant on two players. It's like an F1 team turning up and getting shafted up the arse because they only have one spare tyre and that has a puncture, It is also Levy's fault that this cunt is now our manager and the hopes of a long-term future lie in ruins.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah, but who the fuck is going to sack the chairman? Really, it's all down to him. The JpMp fanboys say it's not that cunt's fault because Harry and Sonny are injured, but it IS Levy's fault that we are so reliant on two players. It's like an F1 team turning up and getting shafted up the arse because they only have one spare tyre and that has a puncture, It is also Levy's fault that this cunt is now our manager and the hopes of a long-term future lie in ruins.
Mate, I just want some cunt sacked....

I agree, Levy has to spend comparative money and wages to those of the front runners in the summer.

That, or he keeps milking the customers and stacking bank...!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I’ve just had a 2 hour journey home and a bit of time for a think, having watched us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Putting injuries to one side for a moment, I think we’re now between a rock and hard place. It’s my guess Levy hired Maureen to ‘guarantee’ CL football next year ....because he and Lewis are about to sell the club, hence no news on naming rights, etc etc but Haringey council have just granted planning permission for new leisure complex on the High road (google a Spurs directors and the companies they’re directors of - you’ll see where the real wealth is)...

we may well still make CL but today made it harder. So let’s assume we don’t and clearly we also know that the club is in transition, what happens this Summer?

scenario 1 - we don’t make CL the value of the club drops a few hundred million and ENIC stay. Maureen says give me £200m + if you want to get back into the CL, Would Levy do that? Doubt it because Mo wants the finished article and those players cost plus big wages. Would they come if we’re not in the CL anyway?

scenario 2 we scrape into the CL somehow......Mo still wants the cash because we’re losing 6+ players this Summer and he wants to build ‘his’ team. More likely he gets the dosh from ENIC/new owners and get better players.

In short Levy has to stump up the cash, serious cash this Summer if he wants the football team to continue to thrive. If he wants NFL, rock concerts, Rugby Union and League, boxing and tiddlywinks then that’s the end of Spurs as I used to know it.

We have a very important 6 months coming up. Unfortunately it almost entirely down to Levy and investment. The team can do as well as possible under Mourinho or it can get some proper investment - like the Stadium did and the training ground and the land around N17 0AP or it will stagnate and the last 5 years will just be good memories.

That’s the way I see it anyway, injuries or no injuries.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah I'm 100% in that boat too pal.

The time of clever frugal investments is over and we need to spend the same money as the rest to be in with a shout of achieving what they are all striving to achieve.

We have grown, we havent got much room to grow further without doing serious business between the white lines. His business is ready for the success he has built it to achieve. He may not be thinking of taking that final step of the journey with us and his arch plan may be to sell up and live out his "Spurs Fan" life on his solid Platinum super yacht while we play shit football in the "Tampax Arena". But whoever holds the purse strings will have to spend some serious money on personnel.

You are right though we have had it fucking great over the last 5 years or so, there has been way more ups than there have been downs and it's the fall from those ups that hurts the most.

Its difficult to support a bloke you dont like, but I'll never stop supporting my club. We're in a state of change right now and hopefully we'll come out the other side bigger better and stronger and hopefully with a gaffer we can all get behind and support full tilt.

COYS.....

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Yeah I'm 100% in that boat too pal.

The time of clever frugal investments is over and we need to spend the same money as the rest to be in with a shout of achieving what they are all striving to achieve.

We have grown, we havent got much room to grow further without doing serious business between the white lines. His business is ready for the success he has built it to achieve. He may not be thinking of taking that final step of the journey with us and his arch plan may be to sell up and live out his "Spurs Fan" life on his solid Platinum super yacht while we play shit football in the "Tampax Arena". But whoever holds the purse strings will have to spend some serious money on personnel.

You are right though we have had it fucking great over the last 5 years or so, there has been way more ups than there have been downs and it's the fall from those ups that hurts the most.

Its difficult to support a bloke you dont like, but I'll never stop supporting my club. We're in a state of change right now and hopefully we'll come out the other side bigger better and stronger and hopefully with a gaffer we can all get behind and support full tilt.

COYS.....

Mate, the moment that football becomes the secondary concern for the THFC will be the moment I go and support another team.

It's all about the football for me and should we merely become an entity that acts as the front for an entertainment corporation then I will be done.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
It's horrific to think about but looking at the table now I could see us finishing 9th with Everton and Arsenal going above us.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Mate, the moment that football becomes the secondary concern for the THFC will be the moment I go and support another team.

It's all about the football for me and should we merely become an entity that acts as the front for an entertainment corporation then I will be done.
The way things stand, and have done for what seems 3 or 4 years.... that's exactly where we are.

All the investment has been at the expense of the business on the field. Were now seeing the ultimate consequence of that lack of investment and will continue to see it as players leave through them being over the hill and disillusioned.

I'm not capable of supporting another side or not supporting Spurs but my interest will and has wained.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The way things stand, and have done for what seems 3 or 4 years.... that's exactly where we are.

All the investment has been at the expense of the business on the field. Were now seeing the ultimate consequence of that lack of investment and will continue to see it as players leave through them being over the hill and disillusioned.

I'm not capable of supporting another side or not supporting Spurs but my interest will and has wained.

Well we're certainly close but I'm not jumping ship just yet.

Let's see what the summer holds. I am quietly hoping we are sold (to someone who will love the club as us fans do).

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Good read boys.

It's all very sad at the moment but not without a great deal of surprise. Just picking up on a few things, Mourinho as @Don Diaz says, was likely brought in to stop the rot and the Mourinho who Levy saw, was the serial winner who has or more pertinently had, the ability to get players playing for him, the latter was true 15 years ago at Chelsea and the odd season afterwards but it generally needed to be his players, he was also brought in coz he was cheap.

I think one of the main issues we have, is that even with a £200 million war chest in the Summer, who exactly are we gonna get that's going to massively improve our team. We won't have cl football next season, that for me is guaranteed, i pray i'm wrong but we don't have a team at all, we can have the odd 20-30 mins of decent play but there's far too many mistakes in this team to be getting 4th or 5th, every area of our team has holes in it, i can't remember the last time we've strung a really complete 90 mins together, other than Burnley at home, where we've controlled the game. Even teams like Sheff Utd and Burnley look better organised than we do. We've struggled to buy players over the last 3-4 years that have improved our 1st team and that's with cl football. We spent around £100 mill in the Summer, and bought some fat bloke that's either injured, or plays for 20 mins before blowing out of his ass, admittedly Lo Celso looks a real player and Sess needs plenty of time but they're certainly not guaranteed to hit the ground running. Just back to NDombele, the guy is seriously good on his day, just hope he sorts whatever issues he's got or someone can sort his issues our for him, he's a proper rough diamond at the moment.

The new stadium from a footballing standpoint, is likely going to set us back years, you just have to look at Arsenal, Wenger managed to scrape them into the cl for quite a few years with very little investment and there are parallels between our owners and that was with a league nowhere near as strong as it is now. The players still at the club who were the core of the team over the last 4 years are now shadows of their former selves and have been for quite some time (Toby, Jan, Dier, Dele),i can point to 4 maybe 5 players that i'd be happy to stick on the pitch and get a performance out of them and that's it. We can spend a few hundred mill, i don't think Mourinho will get that, unless we can shift all the deadwood but even then, we're not guaranteed in any way to get players we need or for that matter players that will perform consistently. The good news, is i guess this transitional phase is happening at a fair few of the bigger clubs, so it's not just an issue with us but the likes of the Chavs, Arse, Utd even City, so competing with those teams for players is going to be a right ball ache, not to mention the seemingly recent rise of the Italian clubs in the transfer market and Spain and Germany, we're gonna find it very tough to build a team anywhere near the one we had under Poch.

We've basically over the course of the last 2 years, gone from a club who played an exciting brand of fast paced fluid football with a great bunch of players and a hugely exciting young manager, who pundits, journos, opposition managers used to praise, to a team that's very hard to be excited about, I'll always love us, that'll never change but i think we're back to pre Poch days but we don't have Poch coming in. Fear the next few years will be a grind, fucking hope i'm wrong!

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Came back,did 2 games,forget flights and that, tickets and trains cost £120+£40,add on beers,snacks (outside the stadium) an easy 200 quid.Its not the losing,or the cost that has me really thinking is this modern football for me.The whole place is flat,the high road,the pubs,the stadium,the team,the club as a whole,there is minimal buzz its just meh.The atmosphere has gone,it has been like going to a festival finding out susan boyle is headlining and everybody is just standing and watching,no craic,no bouncing about its just meh!!
Couple that with a property investment mad owner,a manager who most (fair to say?) cant really get behind,a team meandering along,we have almost lost our identity as a club,fans,team,we have been gentrified and it fucking sucks.Flights and tickets for arsenal, that can fuck off,i really dont know if i can be arsed to spend money because this isnt entertainment/sport.Feels like its time to just watch from afar deny Levy any of my money because it clearly isnt going into the club unless giving a cunt 15m a year is what you call team investment.

Nearly 50 years going,I feel like im out,im not even angry i just feel meh about it all.We`ve sold our soul,and when the fun stops,stop.I supported a club,not a business investment strategy,and thats what the sport of the people has become at this level.Rumours are we are about to announce record over £400m revenue,whoopedy fucking doop,that soothes me as we hoof countless long balls to two midget wingers playing upfront.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Came back,did 2 games,forget flights and that, tickets and trains cost £120+£40,add on beers,snacks (outside the stadium) an easy 200 quid.Its not the losing,or the cost that has me really thinking is this modern football for me.The whole place is flat,the high road,the pubs,the stadium,the team,the club as a whole,there is minimal buzz its just meh.The atmosphere has gone,it has been like going to a festival finding out susan boyle is headlining and everybody is just standing and watching,no craic,no bouncing about its just meh!!
Couple that with a property investment mad owner,a manager who most (fair to say?) cant really get behind,a team meandering along,we have almost lost our identity as a club,fans,team,we have been gentrified and it fucking sucks.Flights and tickets for arsenal, that can fuck off,i really dont know if i can be arsed to spend money because this isnt entertainment/sport.Feels like its time to just watch from afar deny Levy any of my money because it clearly isnt going into the club unless giving a cunt 15m a year is what you call team investment.

Nearly 50 years going,I feel like im out,im not even angry i just feel meh about it all.We`ve sold our soul,and when the fun stops,stop.I supported a club,not a business investment strategy,and thats what the sport of the people has become at this level.Rumours are we are about to announce record over £400m revenue,whoopedy fucking doop,that soothes me as we hoof countless long balls to two midget wingers playing upfront.
Things change so quickly don't they? Up until Christmas I used to really look forward to going to games, win, lose or draw. Have had a great time in Munich, Milan, Madrid, Monaco and other places not beginning with 'M' with some good mates, Now turning up feels a bit like a forlorn hope, I was so disappointed on Sunday afternoon. Maybe we're all overreacting a bit because we had the City result not long ago and we are missing players, but right now I'm wondering why I'm even going to see Norwich on Wednesday night and why I'm forking out about £500 on going to Leipzig. The buzz of excitement and expectation just isn't there, it's as though someone has sucked the air out of what should have been a big balloon. I'm hoping Levy's eyes and ears are working, because he can surely see that a proportion of 40,000+ season ticket holders are not going to renew to watch a depressing shambles and can hear the disgruntlement from a white wall of silence, it's becoming deafening. If he wants 'his legacy' that he so often bangs on about, then it needs to be more than a multi purpose stadium and an NFL franchise. He's now only missing a big religious convention to try and get God on his side.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So here's an interesting legal argument if the league was terminated early..... Termination of the competition prior to all and every fixture being played would render the competition null and void. No league positions or standings would be valid as in order for the premier League to be completed within the rules of the competition, all and every club must play each other twice (home and away). If this is not possible then the competition is deemed to be incomplete. The league would start again at an appropriate time (beginning of next season) With the same teams it started with this season.

Entry into european competitions would be based on the final league positions at the time of the last fully completed competition

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So here's an interesting legal argument if the league was terminated early..... Termination of the competition prior to all and every fixture being played would render the competition null and void. No league positions or standings would be valid as in order for the premier League to be completed within the rules of the competition, all and every club must play each other twice (home and away). If this is not possible then the competition is deemed to be incomplete. The league would start again at an appropriate time (beginning of next season) With the same teams it started with this season.

Entry into european competitions would be based on the final league positions at the time of the last fully completed competition
Man, what a get out of jail card that could be...

When was the last time Levy went to Woohan Province...........?

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Man, what a get out of jail card that could be...

When was the last time Levy went to Woohan Province...........?

He probably ate the bats fuck sake.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid