By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Inter Milan H (CL) 20:00 Tue 28th November 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
inter.png
Must win.... blah, blah, blah. I have no idea how the win probabilities shown above are worked out, my sausage machine don't not never ever do nuffink about games wot are not Premier League games, but I like the look of them.

If we play like we did against the chavvies then we will thump the doodahs off of these chaps then go on to mullah the living daylights out of the goons. Maybe this 'week from the pits of hell' that everyone was so worried about will deliver us 9 luvverly jubberly points? Nice!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Stuff these lot tonight, please. 3-0 will be fine by me!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
It will be 'interesting' to see what team Sir Poch puts out, we're in the middle of a run of 28 games in 9 days so everyone will be tired and I expect him to keep a few fresh for the Scum on Sunday, so we can run around the whole game like we did against Chelsea and batter them as well. But who knows, these are young fit men and we need to win. Let's hope Winksy, Vertonghen, Lamela and Moura come in and do the job, don't think we need to go as far as Llorente do we? 2-1 Spurs. Dele and Moura and someone who's surname ends in i for them.

ps. .....'Wake me up before you go-go, who needs Bale when you've got Sissoko......' How wrong we all were for 2 years, well apart from that Man City game at home at WHL.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It will be 'interesting' to see what team Sir Poch puts out, we're in the middle of a run of 28 games in 9 days so everyone will be tired and I expect him to keep a few fresh for the Scum on Sunday, so we can run around the whole game like we did against Chelsea and batter them as well. But who knows, these are young fit men and we need to win. Let's hope Winksy, Vertonghen, Lamela and Moura come in and do the job, don't think we need to go as far as Llorente do we? 2-1 Spurs. Dele and Moura and someone who's surname ends in i for them.

ps. .....'Wake me up before you go-go, who needs Bale when you've got Sissoko......' How wrong we all were for 2 years, well apart from that Man City game at home at WHL.
Jan has to come in cos sanchez is crooked and foyth isnt registered for CL,or its Dier and Toby time!!
Poch has sounded off about too many foreign players and the need to move some on neither janssen or nkoudou were registered either because we had maxed out.So if with hindsight we wanted foyth who would we have knocked off the list??llorente?sissoko?? I guess that makes a homegrown backup for kane all the more important?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Jan has to come in cos sanchez is crooked and foyth isnt registered for CL,or its Dier and Toby time!!
Poch has sounded off about too many foreign players and the need to move some on neither janssen or nkoudou were registered either because we had maxed out.So if with hindsight we wanted foyth who would we have knocked off the list??llorente?sissoko?? I guess that makes a homegrown backup for kane all the more important?
Agree, but I can't think of anyone, then again I don't know much about who's out there in the U21's or U19's

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says it is "painful" that Juan Foyth is ineligible to play in their must-win Champions League game with Inter Milan.

The 20-year-old was not named in Spurs' squad for the competition but has impressed during an injury crisis.

"It's a mistake we made, that at this level of football we cannot repeat," Pochettino said.

The Argentina defender has started Spurs' last three games in the absence of Davinson Sanchez and Jan Vertonghen.

However, he was omitted from the 25-man Champions League squad because the club has 20 'non-locally trained' players in their squad and are only allowed to name 17.

"For different reasons we need to find solutions before the start of the season," he added.

"I told you we need English players, but it was impossible. Of course now that is the problem and it's so painful to have players out of the list.

"Now we're going to finish [the group stage] and then we hope in March we can do a new list and include him in the list for the Champions League."

Tottenham are third in Group B, three points behind Inter Milan, and must beat the Italians to keep their qualification hopes alive before heading to Barcelona in their final game.

Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris returns for Tottenham after serving a suspension following his red card at PSV Eindhoven last month.

With Foyth unavailable, Vertonghen, who returned as a substitute against Chelsea on Saturday, is in contention to start.

Danny Rose also comes into the Tottenham squad after recovering from a groin injury that has kept him out since the start of October.

But Kieran Trippier (groin),Sanchez (hamstring),Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Victor Wanyama (knee) all remain out.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Agree, but I can't think of anyone, then again I don't know much about who's out there in the U21's or U19's
troy parrott,just too young ATM,but he`s a big unit and banging them in for U19s and Ireland youth.Real real prospect,Skipp to start getting time in some matches will happen next season IMO,maybe cup and sub but I will hang my hat on those 2 being good enough for us to have a role definately if not next season but year after.
Thats not to say they are the only couple,just there is something about them especially in regards what the club need (kane cover&dembele postition).

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Their lads beat our lads 4-2 in the Uefa champions Youth league or something like that. Our first defeat.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
troy parrott,just too young ATM,but he`s a big unit and banging them in for U19s and Ireland youth.Real real prospect,Skipp to start getting time in some matches will happen next season IMO,maybe cup and sub but I will hang my hat on those 2 being good enough for us to have a role definately if not next season but year after.
Thats not to say they are the only couple,just there is something about them especially in regards what the club need (kane cover&dembele postition).

Hear he scored a bit of a pearler against Inter’s U19’s earlier. A huge prospect.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I`m guessing eriksen,son its just a case of freshest legs as it was versus chelsea.Both have played a lot the last 8 months,i dont see it as a problem swapping them for moura and lamela.
Pretty sure they will go full bus in proper italian style and merely counter,unless we get a couple of goals,then the game is afoot !!!
COYS

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
COYS.... I want these pasta chomping shit cunts to know what we are all about...!!!

Keep that momentum going from the weekend and the Goons will be absolutely fucking shitting it...

Just a performance, all I want.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Strong team and a couple of game changers on the bench too. I got a good feeling about this game COYS!!!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Sissok-oh-yes! What a run from the big man, what has happened, he's turned into a beast! Great result and thoroughly deserved, now on to the big one. Goons out in the middle of nowhere and a days less rest!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Well done boys, Sissoko was brilliant yet again. Played with a lot of urgency but never panicked, and totally deserved the result. On to the NLD then.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Yes!

Get in there boys. Another wonderful performance and Moussa Sissoko has yet again been utterly brilliant. Really professional and mature performance. Thoroughly deserved!

Also, maybe it's just me but Alli has come back from the international break with all guns blazing, there seems to be a real upshift in his performances, thought he was brilliant against the Chavs and again tonight, thought he was really impressive, he looks so calm and composed.

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.
We're getting quite good at this winning lark aren't we!

That was really hard to watch, but so worth it.

Sissoko is rapidly heading for cult status. He must have 'most improved player of 18/19' wrapped up already.

I've no doubt we're getting out of this group. Who's with me?

COYS!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
seabiscuit sissoko,the greatest fairytale!!On to the scum,lets make it 3 in a week of epic games.

Dont understand why a team of inter`s stature comes and sets up like west brom,wasting time,no intent,got what they deserved.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That's two wins from the 'week of death', the goons must be quivering in their boots. It was a nervy watch, especially the last five minutes - because we've all been there innit?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
On the train back......fucking loving this, anyone got a spare ticket for Sunday???

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I said a couple of months ago that I had finally given up with Sissoko, and we should get rid of him. I was wr...., wr...., wr... Nope, I still can't say that word. I was less correct than usual.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I said a couple of months ago that I had finally given up with Sissoko, and we should get rid of him. I was wr...., wr...., wr... Nope, I still can't say that word. I was less correct than usual.
world is now full of spurs fans saying i never doubted him,i never slagged him off......sorry but I did but only on a fairly private spurs forum.I dont dig players out on twitter,go on their instagram or whatever and tell em get out of my club.Same thing happened to Rose,Walker,Bale,we shouldnt be suprised when players turn it around dramatically.
I wouldnt exactly say sissoko is mentally fragile,but he does do social media and clearly spoke out about what he saw and how the other players stayed with him.Thats the difference between him and say kaboul,adebayor who I imagine the larger group of players cared less if they got fucked out of the club.

Fair play to moussa for sticking with the hard choice and making it work,deserves some adulation and hopefully we deserve his forgiveness.(If he carries on which no reason he wont now he`s got his mojo back).

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh yeah,you cant take anything larger than a butt plug into the stadium,but smuggling in large drums appeared to be no problem,how does that work??Lots of inter in the home ends in colours,after all the shit we have gone through away in europe with ticketing etc about time we dished some back,wembley got a lot of stick even pre game from fans sitting close to away support.Its either a rule or it aint.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mauricio Pochettino on Moussa Sissoko:
“His team-mates are so happy that the fans are now starting to show the love.” “There was a tough period for Moussa but I remember one day I hugged him when he was coming off and I told him you are going to be a success here.”

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Oh yeah,you cant take anything larger than a butt plug into the stadium,but smuggling in large drums appeared to be no problem,how does that work??Lots of inter in the home ends in colours,after all the shit we have gone through away in europe with ticketing etc about time we dished some back,wembley got a lot of stick even pre game from fans sitting close to away support.Its either a rule or it aint.
I don't mind the drums, as long as we are allowed ours back at WHL, it all adds to the atmosphere and Inters support generated a lot of noise last night. I don't even mind away fans in the more neutral areas of a home ground, I mean much of it is full of the rest of Europe, US and Asia anyway and I'm sitting amongst the Barca faithful on 11th December. The thing that is wrong is the anti Spurs/British thing when it's the other way around....as pointed out, we've had all sorts of shit to contend with across Europe and if the 'authorities' suggest it's a hooligan issue only associated with the English, then that's a lie. Hooliganism has been taken to new level across Europe by the Russians, Greeks, Turks and Italians in the form of Roma and Lazio fans, especially. One rule for everyone

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I don't mind the drums, as long as we are allowed ours back at WHL, it all adds to the atmosphere and Inters support generated a lot of noise last night. I don't even mind away fans in the more neutral areas of a home ground, I mean much of it is full of the rest of Europe, US and Asia anyway and I'm sitting amongst the Barca faithful on 11th December. The thing that is wrong is the anti Spurs/British thing when it's the other way around....as pointed out, we've had all sorts of shit to contend with across Europe and if the 'authorities' suggest it's a hooligan issue only associated with the English, then that's a lie. Hooliganism has been taken to new level across Europe by the Russians, Greeks, Turks and Italians in the form of Roma and Lazio fans, especially. One rule for everyone
its not the drum its you couldnt take a box of milk tray in but they got drums??And yes its more lets have some equivalance in the way we have been treated away in italy and holland this season.Pretty sure in the new ground what part will be considered neutral-ish?none I hope.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
its not the drum its you couldnt take a box of milk tray in but they got drums??And yes its more lets have some equivalance in the way we have been treated away in italy and holland this season.Pretty sure in the new ground what part will be considered neutral-ish?none I hope.
You can bet your bottom dollar that Levy will have a few hundred seats for Thomas Cook paying folk, and the 'global fan base'. we ain't going to sell 62,000 seats for Apoel Nicosia or Huddersfield and the club will be counting every shekel they can get their hands on. Tickets will go to General sale, up to 6 per person I would imagine.