By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
If we are going to build up a kid then I'd prefer Parrot to be honest. Also what happens when Kane sods off and we are left with him as first choice? Nah

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: cabinessence
When: 8th March

For those thinking Jose might be toast by the summer if results don't improve, my Rock Solid info tells me he has had a free hit this season.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules
Where: SC
When: 11th March

Harry Kane has spoken to DL, after the THST release. He is itching to be allowed to leave. Not sure DL will allow that. Hugo wants MLS.

Reactions: Yid
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

PUTTING THIS HERE!!!

Poch’s heart wasn’t in it anymore!
he fell out with players and not talking to them. His moods was very toxic. He was refused the right to speak yanited or RM!

So please stop bleating in about ‘we should of kept Poch’ Jose came into a very toxic club!!!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

I am very reliably informed Jose didn’t realise the state of the squad etc when he took the job on. He also was fully convinced we would of bought in a striker on loan in January. Forget his public support of positivity. He feels DL has thrown him under a bus with a wild bunch of cards. There are 4 players who has been playing 40% not fit. Told he feels fans and pundits being unfair. Because when he came he was very adventurous. He is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn’t.

THIS ONE IS ON DANIEL LEVY!!!
NOT NECESSARILY ENIC!!!

I call it as it is. Details are known behind the scenes here.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon1
When: 12th March
A few points

1- We are no longer for sale and have not been since the palace home game last March so that is not a current option

2- Joe controls what happens with the club not DL , DL loves running the club he would never sell but its not his call

3- Levy is now under intense pressure from all quarters, Even before the Norwich game Joe thought both the results and performances Jose was delivering in relation to the obscene contract he was given were hugely disapointing, levy defense that Jose is a winner do not look to clever now after the last week , I do not know to many directors who would survive the debacle of having to pay 60 million managerial compensation to two high profile managers whilst overseeing a playing squad with little balance or quality , levy is far from untouchable, Spurs are big business now a 2 billion asset with 500 million turnover, levy future very much rest in the hands of Jose being able to turn around

4- Levy not for the first time was badly hoodwinked by Jose with what a wonderful squad you have etc , Jose predictably now changed his tune, pre Norwich Jose wanted 8 new players in the summer and the guy from Lyon as new DOF , I presume after Norwich and last night Jose will want even more player

and

if I gave you a list of players that wanted to join and levy messed up the deals you would sob, he did amazing with the stadium to get the nfl , banks and authorities on board but one swallow does not make a summer he has been a dreadful chairman, Poch the messiah covered his shortcomings for 5 years but that ship has sailed.

and

Lewis now watches every games and finds Jose's tactics and football eye bleeding

and

I never wanted him but after poch threw in the towel after yet another summer of levy shambles ( this years deal f55k ups were coutino and Dybala ) and with scum closing in on Jose levy felt they had to act and Jose duly pulled levy pants down

They need to decide whether to stick or twist after the wham game , unless they are going too back him and bring the Lyon guy in there is no point , Jose did not want a striker in jan as he had a player in mind for the summer , Jose did this at united where they got him everything he wanted and he was still useless

There is no point crying over spilt milk we need to boot Jose and pay him off , we are miles from a cl team right now, we need to bring sess, parrot, cirkin and tanganga through and try and attract some bright talent in the summer and rebuild with a modern young coach, Jose is way way past it

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon1
When: 13th March

we are about to embark on one of the largest residential housing developments London has seen in decades only 8 miles from the West End in my opinion they will dress it up that they need levy to run this and give him a fancy title to help him save face but I have every confidence he will not be involved in footballing decisions within 12-18 months

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Rob
When: 14th March
Subject: Is Dragon1's track record any good

No. He's got a massive issue with Levy and it's all rubbish. He recently had a big melt-down on FTL and "quit" because of the mocking he was getting. It looks liken he's gone back to COYS.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

From what I hear, and we all hear slightly different. Joe Lewis is more hands on. Jose wants Campos in. Daniel Levy doesn’t. The consensus within is they fear fans are running restless because of lack of active ‘interest’ (spend) on the team overall. How we got to having players running down their contracts. Contrary to what is being said; Joe Lewis pushed for Jose, as he did before he went to chavs first time, and When he was sacked then.

They are not happy with the way we struggle on transfers, and this is on Daniel Levy. It is felt DoF needed, who has a budget. And with that he does transfers; handing over to the club to pay

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Covid-19
I know there is a thread for that in essence. The strong talk is, they cannot see any league fulfilling their obligation of matches. And the contract of players, which covers holidays, training etc, insurance companies stipulations. And many more factors. It is looking like season cancelled. I heard this through more than three club directors connections.

every single club will take a financial hit, which will have its own consequences. I fear that is very likely. And I would have sincere full sympathy for Liverpool, Leeds, WBA. And the leagues further down.

Agents are not in favour of their players playing 3 games in ten days, with injuries very likely. Remembering that training shouldn’t really be taking place. I do not know if that has been enforced as of yet.

The above is educated opinion concluded from what I heard. So don’t go f’ng shooting me.

PLEASE STOP TAKING MY POSTS AND QUOTING THEM ELSEWHERE IN THIS FORUM!!!

Many thanks

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 19th March

With all the best will in the world, agents will not want their clients playing out the season into July, for a whole list of reasons. Players not keen neither.
So I don’t see where this is going. End of April just season is null and void. John Barnes’ proposal is so idiotic, unfounded, and biased. It really not worth a comment.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
When: 19th March
Most contracts for players run until june 30th,same with most kit deals,shirt sponsors,its the year end in deal terms for major european leagues.for example;I cant see how Uefa,the FA,PL can enforce Jan Vertongen`s legally binding contract which runs until 30th june 2020,if he wishes to stop then no change in regulations without changing a continent and the worlds legal systems could force him to play beyond that date.
Thats not ITK thats just true.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Most contracts for players run until june 30th,same with most kit deals,shirt sponsors,its the year end in deal terms for major european leagues.for example;I cant see how Uefa,the FA,PL can enforce Jan Vertongen`s legally binding contract which runs until 30th june 2020,if he wishes to stop then no change in regulations without changing a continent and the worlds legal systems could force him to play beyond that date.
Thats not ITK thats just true.
No-one knows what’s ‘true’ at the moment? Jury’s out across the whole sporting world.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 30th March
Subject: Coutinho

Let’s get this right please!
Poch decided against as we wanted GLC. When it seemed Betis were being difficult we went in for Coutinho, after direct contact from his agents. Betis then relaxed their stance, and we dropped our interest in both him (loan) and Fernandes. And I still GLC will prove the best decision.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 3rd May

Just putting this here with some information i have received about transfer fees in general. Agents, mandates, clubs, already exploring. Actually trying to come to some form of understanding in the eco-system of transfers. Each and every club rely on player-trades. It is expected 2 year loans, elongated structured payments will more than likely be the way ahead. Major over 100m transfers in the short-term (nobody knows how short) will be ‘wishful thinking’ (said by 3 top agents and clubs).

The unprecedented situation we are facing, has woken many within the industry up. Clubs like ours, goons, scousers (both),Yanited, chavs, Leicester always feared the bubble would soon have to burst. There are at least 8 clubs in PL
well over-stretched, and does not bode well for them financially.

So my own conclusion; very difficult to finalise big transfers over a certain figure. And that figure is anyone’s guest. Banks also will review credit terms they have with the majority of clubs. Interesting times.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The facts within that ☝ are more or less correct however this is all driven by the TV and advertising money. If people still want to buy the product for the vastly inflated prices they used to pay.... then nothing changes.

Also begs the question as to what benefit a 65k stadium is if people dont want to pay to come...? Surely this simply means huge overheads with nothing to pay the bill's?

I would have though due to us having the most up to date modern stadium we in theory are ahead of the curve.

If the above is true then we are top of the tree to be taken over and turned into the next super club. We have everything in place and just need investment on the pitch.... come on Bezos, get ya wallet out.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
“We’re in a position now with the Newcastle Utd takeover where it either will happen or it won’t”
GRAHAM BEECROFT
TalkSport

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 19th May

Campos was sub-contracted to Lille. As I stated few months ago, always was going to end up here. Daniel Levy all for it. Let’s hope it is ratified sooner rather than later. Until it is announced we cannot say ‘done deal’ but looking that way

I am not putting my nads on the line! As likely as it looks; as Jose wanted him months ago, and was told at the time we were trying to work it somehow. Let’s hope this transpires. My own opinion is it will eventually happen. But! My opinion!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Tottenhamboys
When: 5th June

I’m stating the obvious here and to an extent what’s been reported, but don’t expect much to happen this summer RE transfers as things currently stand. This window will be limited to spending money we make from selling players, Swap deals, free transfers and some loans if they aren’t too expensive. We will use a few promising young players from our academy. Players that the club are happy to sell if the price is right (as things stand): Lamela, Foyth, Sissoko, Rose, KWP (in a swap). On a personal level I’m convinced that Foyth can change Jose’s mind with a couple of decent performances over coming games.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: rossdapep
When: 20th June

I've cleared this with A&C and Rob. I was told by someone that Jose has made enquiries about Thiago Silva and if he'd like to join us. That's as far as it could go, as we all know Levy may be reluctant to sign a 35 year old. But just thought I'd put it out there that Silva is under consideration.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The squirrel is still in lockdown