By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: WLB
When: 9th June
Where: SC
Subject: Maddison
we are already in talks with the reps ange has approved the move. the player seems himself here but has offers from other clubs our relationship with the base favors us ATM in this move.
to add we have 2 other players in mind if this deal for James doesn't materialize.
priority this window is .
CB 2 if we can offload
GK
AM
WF/ST

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon 1
When: 10th June
Where: COYS
The main things I am hearing is he wants fast ,high energy mobile players and they have bought him in to find value / unearthed potential in the market place rather than buy established 40-50 million players

I still think Raya will happen but I think a lot of our other signings will be off the radar and south of 15 million

I found Daniels comments re our academy interesting yesterday as with the exception of Devine none of our other top kids are likely to be ready for a couple of years

the cream of our academy are in the under 17 and 16 teams

Regarding some of the speculation on wages on here

Lori’s is on 100k a week , Tanguy 200k , Peresic is on 60 a week

the only player who is on mega bucks is harry

regarding maddison , last summer when Daniel was trying to convince conte to take eriksen who wanted to return we then looked at maddison who was available for 50 and passed , for it to happen leicster would have to come off on price

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hotspur88
When: 11th June
Subject: Responding to Dragon1

Some of this aligns with what I'm hearing, but players only south of 15m isn't true. We are 100% trying to bring Raya, Laporte & Maddison in and all of them would cost north of 15m.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 12th June

If Madison is a 3/10 chance of happening I’d give Sancho a 1/10

he was in the building when leaving city prior to Dortmund with his dad

we offered 30k a week player wanted I think 50/60

daniel told him to take it or leave it

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 14th June

Raya just makes so much sense. He's got fantastic stats, is achievable and most importantly is Prem proven. From what I heard late last night, the fee shouldn't be a problem and we are actually a lot closer than media reports suggest to agreeing a fee.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 16th June
Subject: Raya

I believe we have basically agreed a fee now. Much closer to 30m. This should be wrapped up this week 🤞🏼

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 16th June
Subject: Maddison

It is a lot, but he's HG. I feel even with the fact he's HG, a fair price should be around the 40m mark. And I think inevitably, he will probably go for around 40m +add ons. If this was an overseas player with a similar goal contribution with 12 months left on their contract, you would probably be looking at around 30m. Leicester will be trying their luck, they know we both want him and they will want a bidding war. I don't know if we have interest in Barnes, but if we do, then there are things we could do such as pay more for Barnes and less for Maddison to slightly offset the amount Norwich would be due etc....
I'm actually confident this will get done. Raya is almost there, this is progressing slightly and we will bring in a LCB. Then we need to start clearing the decks. From what I hear, we are going to be pretty ruthless.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Prof
When: 23rd June

Not only working on gk and mid. Initial list of cb targets cut down to those approved by Ange. Two approaches made so far - one young and promising, the other a little older and more experienced. If they seem doable we’ll negotiate. If not we’ll move on. Would like 3 new defenders for the squad - number depends on outgoings. Ange bullish he can coach up some of our youngsters and a few of our under performers which is music to the boss’s ears.

and talks ongoing with celtic for two players. right now one possible to probable. the other one unlikely to possible. could change if player nags. a wants both means were pushing. early doors s has impressed. is clear what he wants and how doers can make it happen

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Any notion of us having an interest in a proper midfielder ? We need 2 imo, especially if Hojberg is on his way out ?
Very weak in that area...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Any notion of us having an interest in a proper midfielder ? We need 2 imo, especially if Hojberg is on his way out ?
Very weak in that area...
Did see that Bentancour is saying his return is going much quicker than anticipated.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 25th June

We all hear different things and others on here are far more connected than I am. However, I'm still told we are interested in Maddison and we are looking to push our interest forward this week. Maddison is very keen on coming but we are too far apart of our valuations as it stands. Maddison won't play a year in the championship so it might be one that happens later in the window if we can't agree a fee sooner.

Re a CB, the media reports seems pretty on the money with who is on the list. It's a very encouraging list and although I personally want Tapsoba, I would be happy with any of them.

In terms of who we are trying to sell and the players we are trying to buy, it's certainly very encouraging, we just need to make it happen.

🤞🏼

To add some clarity to my post, I don't know how many defenders we will bring in. It will completely depend on how many of Rodon, Tanganga, Dier, Sanchez, Reguilon, Sessegnon & Perisic we can shift. The latter three obviously don't directly affect CB but I would think we would entertain bids for all of them. If we can shift a large proportion of those stated, then obviously we would bring in more than one defender.

I mentioned the other week I was told we would be ruthless. To me, that means we will be far more sensible when it comes to our valuations and will release if necessary. Time will tell and I'm more than aware we've been in this position many times before and heard exactly the same thing, but I'm actually quite excited about this window.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Ali Z
When: 25th June

I would say that we would have a net spend of 80m plus this summer and when you consider the number of players we aim to shift that would bring in as minimum an additional 50m at rock bottom prices, though could be considerably more and I still think we might sell players that would shock a few like PEH and Richarlison.

H

Hurrikane Harold

Player in Training.
In my head it was 100m net spend, so not too different to an ITK. I certainly cant see more than 120.
So those Spurs fans saying 40m Raya 50m Maddison, where's the money coming for the minimum two defenders we need?
Yes we might get a little money in from the unwanted, but if we sell first teamers then we need extra to replace them

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 28th June
Subject: Kane

As things stand today neither player or club are interested in this deal

Kane’s preference is to stay in England

There would need to be a significant improvement at the club for Kane to consider a new deal

Regarding maddison I am incredibly surprised as we passed last summer for 50 million , it was the same time Daniel failed to persuade conte to take eriksen back who wanted to come so maybe a manager change led to this

as I said earlier in window there are going to be multiple signings in the 15-20 million range , one of main reasons we went for Angie is he can spot talent , young players with high ceilings and who are mobile , you will see us covering high amounts of ground again this season just like under peak Poch 17 and 18 seasons with multiple subs on 60-65 mins as players run into ground so despite no Europe we will need big squad , players who can’t move like holberg , dier etc will be off

as is well documented we are in advanced talks with leverkusen he fits model perfectly , young , mobile with high ceiling

they want another 5 after the keeper and maddison ,

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Tapsoba

We are 100% talking to them and very keen to bring him in. Tapsoba is also very keen to join. This is one I can actually see happening. He reminds me of Saliba in a lot of ways with his calmness and style of play. I think he would compliment Romero perfectly.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Prof
Subject: Micky VdV

we were quoted around £60m when we enquired. Given that they reportedly don't want to lose him, I can't see them budging much from that price, so I wouldn't be surprised if we've moved on to other targets

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules

I keep all the juice behind the scenes (Bts). Daniel is really just signing off, Munn and the football people here working
extremely hard and amicable. Everyone loves Ange. He knows what he wants. Accepting our recommendations. I expect very minimum three more deals to be done. Obviously CB, Maddison good as done, and one other before Aussie trip

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix
Subject: Kane

If I was his rep I'd be wanting to keep him in the headlines especially when it's as positive as having a global icon club being interested, however there is a way to do it and a way not to. Clubs use agents to test the water and gauge interest and potential cost and this is where Charlie gets it all wrong. It was Charlie who was telling City that they would be able to get Kane for less than £100mil which was just never the case, and he'd basically made that up. That's just not how you do things and leaves you in no mans land when it all goes inevitably wrong.

Subject: Squad Improvements and outgoings
There were obvious areas we needed to fill and we've clearly moved early for those, but I can't see we've already decided on the fringe players or full backs in or out without Ange even looking at them.

Subject: Signing five more in addition to Maddison and Vic
As much as I'd like this to happen, that would require a record breaking numbers of outs. Even if Levy has changed his outlook on how we need to operate I just can't see us shifting 15 plus players

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon1

On Postecoglou’s hiring:

Two of the reasons he was bought in were neither Jose or conte promoted youth , he will , as well as Devine and Spence we have four or five exceptional kids in under 17s and club want them integrated

another reason is he is decisive , the squad needed a large overhaul , past coaches were not strong and himmed and hared the club needed someone strong at the helm to guide the board and as you are seeing he is doing that and we are getting things done.

On who we will be bringing in:

Will not be a left back , we have udogie coming in , two center half’s , two midfielders , winger/ forward

Most of the people in the decision-making process very highly rate Taps. The data team, some of our scouts (unfortunately we still have some scouts - for now - who haven’t bought into this new way of thinking and working),and especially the two people who aren’t yet employees of the club believe he’d be a great fit for our plans. Having said that, we feel we’ve offered a very fair price and if Leverkusen are good to go at that price, we do it. If not, we’ll spend the money on other targets. For the first time that many of us can remember we’re not messing other clubs around by nickel and dimeing them, and we’re not allowing ourselves to be messed around by other clubs. Feels both weird and wonderful to be working this way. We’re moving with speed and purpose. Surreal. Hoping DL has the spheres to stay the course.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Dragon1’s previous post

Time will tell but he's on the money here. Very refreshing and hopefully we can maintain it. I said we would be ruthless with outgoings and I still believe that will be the case where we take a few hits instead of trying to fuck clubs around for a few extra £££. Heard the same my end re incomings. We do of course need to get rid of quite a few but we're certainly moving with purpose 🔥

H

Hurrikane Harold

Player in Training.
Still think we need a LB, lets see where we are after the Shaktar game.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon1
When: 29th June
Subject: is Levy enjoying the change in business practices or is his head spinning

this is all business , the club and brand need cl football plus there has to be a huge turn around if we are to stand a chance of keeping Kane so the club needed to act quickly and efficiently

Enic have never put their hands in there pocket but they have pretty much always spent the revenue earned just as we did after the cl final that is what is happening now the stadium has been doing very well also Daniel cares as much if not more about our wage bill then transfer fees , Loris is on 100k a week is leaving, Moura on 80k has gone , winks on 50k is going this allows us to do other things and spend

when I say they want 5 more it will not be excessive , holberg is very likely to go as are 3 or 4 others , the returning loanees will All get a chance pre season but many will be off loaded , there are going to be some swap deals plus some contracts torn up this will be our busiest summer since bale left and we bought Chadli, soldado etc etc

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: what lies beneath

Another one ☝️ haha 😂 next player coming in could be done soon in advanced talks selling club don’t want to lose them but the deals great for them . Started talks with Lavias camp too kids got a lot of interest but spurs may be the right fit .

Big ange fully involved . What is strange is his attack on the window he’s ruthless and won’t wait. Option 4 could turn out better then option 1 in the way his thinking is makes are approach so much more flexible . Doesn’t mean they will succeed as we haven’t seen them play yet but it’s a different way to what we have had for a while.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: what lies beneath

Exclusive 🚨pulisic is a surprise target for one of the lw positions ange wants along with Barnes and jota !!! Jota might be slipping away though