By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules
When: 30th June
Where: SC

I don’t think our targets for Left wing/forward is names I see mentioned here

Subject: Scott
Who says we have not made moves as of yet? We have for a long while. Valuation for any club is unrealistic. We are interested

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon1
Where: COYS

Alec Scott has been on clubs radar for 2 years now and its possible we sign him but its not the highest priority , we shipped 63 league goals last season so there are going to be 2 if not 3 center half coming in now

As I have said its highly likely Holberg goes we have concrete interest from Bayern and athletico he does not fit Ange system , Ange wants to have a look at gill, glc and tangy pre season but bearing in mind bissouma is injury prone and Rodrigo will not even make the bench until mid/end of sept then there is a good chance 2 new midfielders will come In as well, Ange will want 6 high energy midfielders , 2 who can sit and 4 in the bentacur /maddison role there must be 2 players for each role

kulu was seen as a bit of a punt fantastic first season not so good second we are paying 30 million over 6 years and he is young with a high ceiling so we took a punt but depending how things pan out do not be surprised if we splash heavily on a top forward /winger to make up the 3 with H and son

winger / forward does not necessarily need to play both flanks , you will see Porro further forward next season on either right midfield or in the front 3 on the right

we are looking at Harvey Barnes and olise at palace

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix
Subject: Alex Scott

Bristol City are getting good offers for him, and as things stand I think he'll end up in gold. Nothing set yet but Wolves pushing hardest as of this morning. We are 100% still holding an interest and monitoring the situation, but I don't see us moving for him until others are moved on, if at all.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hotspur88

Solomon is 100% someone we are interested in and it doesn't take a genius to realise that this is extremely likely following our announcement a few days back. Looks extremely likely that he will join us. Just makes so much sense, especially on a free. He's 100% worth the risk.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Pulisic

Wasn't a name that has been mentioned to me this summer. We had an interest in January, but I don't believe we've been back in touch since then.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 2nd July
Subject: Manor Solomon

👍🏼

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 3rd July

CB won't drag on.

Club completely understand the importance of defensive reinforcement/s being on the plane.

I imagine we will see significant progress on a CB this coming week.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Prof

Much movement took place over the weekend. We'd like both. Whether we can get both is another question. No point in delaying option 2 while we're waiting to see if the price for option 1 can be brought down to our ceiling. If it can, we'll be thrilled. If not, we move on to option 3. As I've posted before, for many positions identified as needs Ange believes (rightly or wrongly) that he can coach up options 2-4 or 2-5 to be as good as option 1. Whether the results match that level of confidence remains to be seen.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Regarding prof's bit

As I'm hearing it tbh. Tapsoba is the primary but they aren't really shifting on the fee as yet.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 4th July

Another center back will be added after this. We are working in agreement with AP on his priority signings. So refresh to have a manager who is working with you, and not throwing dummies out the pram.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Prof
When: 4th July
Subject: Ange's early thoughts on players

He has already identified a few as not able to be coached up, but in most cases he wants to see (and talk to) them for himself. Once he's seen and heard what he needs to make decisions, we'll try to shift those who are deemed surplus to requirements.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Tapsoba not completely out of the picture. But we won't be bringing them both in until we shift some of the deadwood. Interest in Tanganga, Sessegnon, Reguilon and Sanchez. Haven't heard of any interest in Rodon or Dier but that's not to say there isn't any.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

We are talking to both clubs and haven't agreed anything yet. Yes we've made more progress with VdV and it's an easier deal to do, but we haven't 100% committed to either deal yet. We need both of them and it's not out of the question, but we need a significant amount of outs. More likely we end up with one of them and then someone like Tosin. But you can't rule anything out at the moment as it's so early in the window and we don't know how many we will shift. The positive is we do have interest in several of our players so we will generate funds on top of what we had to spend. It's exciting times and rightfully so. My feeling is we get one CB over the line before we fly out and then the second will be later on in the window if we can shift a few.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

I said in the ITK thread this morning that we would see developments very soon and low and behold.

It's not done and we are still in talks for Tapsoba but it's a big step in the right direction.

We know we need a CB in before we fly out

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 6th July

It's still all up in the air the last I heard. As I mentioned, VdV is much simpler to do, we know what it will take to get him and the club feel that's good value. We haven't given up on Tapsoba and continue to try and find a solution. Currently they're asking for too much money but there has been progress. The club are trying to line up both deals. Tapsoba is highly rated by many at the club, they feel he could be huge.

But speculating on the combinations of defensive reinforcements right now would be just that. There is a chance we could bring both in if we could clear the decks. There is a chance it's just one of them with the likes of Tosin and Lenglet also coming in. The club will try and line up both deals and then make a call on who they want and how that affects the rest of the budget and plans. It's clear that Tapsoba would cost more than VdV.

I like the look of both defenders, but if I had to choose I would go all in on Tapsoba and then try for Tosin. That doesn't mean I don't want VdV, I think he has huge potential. But if we are looking for an immediate impact, a back 2 of Romero and Tapsoba with Tosin as back up and then maybe Dier as 4th choice before he leaves next Summer would be absolutely fine with me.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

We do have an agreement in place with VdV and we know what it will take to get him. If we want to do it, we can make it happen very quickly!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

I'd be very surprised if we brought in both regardless of how many went out personally. It's looking like two CB's in, but IMO it's Topsoba or VDV.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 9th July

I'm assured we will see the arrival of a CB before we fly out. Let's hope we finally address this VERY CLEAR issue!

So Solomon and a CB before we fly out

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Grey Fox

Can we just remember it's not as simple as signing someone and a couple of days later go on tour half way around the world. Before the proper season starts that player has to sort out accommodation for him and family (if he has one) get tuned into the training/fitness levels expected etc.
Yes he will get support from the club, but he needs to be settled and happy before the season proper begins. That's one of the reasons it's so important to get transfers done as early as possible and not wait until Levy can extract a Bob or two off any deal.
Apart from Solomon I doubt any CB or other foreign incoming will go on tour.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Micky van de Ven

No movement for now

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 10th July

FWIW we are talking to a number of CB's right now not just the 2 heavily linked in the media.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Ben
When: 11th June

Solomon be announced today
Dutch guy told done

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 11th July
Subject: Solomon unveiling

Midday I believe

Subject: Hugo Lloris
America, Saudi Arabia or France; take your pick Hugo.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Micky van de Ven

This one is the same as the Raya/Vicario situation. Some at the top end preferring VDV, others Tapsoba But pretty much everyone unanimous that either would be a solid signing and a good fit for how we are looking to play moving forward. I've not heard anything in the last 24 hours or so, so I don't know how close it is, but we were 100% talking to Tapsoba's people over the weekend as well. I was told quite matter of factly that we wouldn't be getting both, and we were looking at either/or plus a homegrown option with one eye on the future, so lets see how it pans out. If we've found a different HG option for elsewhere perhaps Tapsoba also now is possible. My guy was convinced it wouldn't be both though.

Subject: Kane's Contract

As I said "kitchen sink" and we are prepared to be creative with it in order to get him to commit.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Responding to "not a lot of ITK lately"

Ange needs to assess exactly what we have and what we need after the squad comes back to training. Things were always going to slow down during this process.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Tottenham Takeover Talks

👀

Might be worth keeping an eye on this thread, all a bit confusing right now but the murmurings are starting to resurface.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: dragon1
When: 12th July
Subject: Gallagher

VDV is done

they want Gallagher and has nothing to do with whether hojberg stays or goes , Angie see gallachers energy as perfect for his system / formation