By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: The Goat
Where: SC
When: 6th August

The Goat hears there's a medical for Fernandes tomorrow and another set for a 'big one' on Thursday.

NOTE: The Goat wasn't told the identity of the 'big one' so guessing seems a bit pointless, we're all aware of the names it could be, it'll add nothing and just clog the place up, so take it at face along with your salt, just accept it as positive news.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules
Serge could be going back to PSG. We will then sign a RB that is already out there. Hopefully. Don’t believe it until it happens is my stance now.

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Onomah
I can tell you he [JO] prefers London. [Steve] Bruce spoke to him couple weeks ago, it is not everything I go public on, but internally it is known.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
If we do Coutinho, will be with some form of agreed ‘option’, and not at the prices put out
That is a big ‘if!’
Only then would I shout, and not before.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: JJetset

I will not confirm or Pooh Pooh our interest either player of PD or C
That is all from me on the subject 🤞

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Dybala wants to come. It is about our team getting round the financial hurdles. He would be on par with H for salary, with same lucrative bonuses. Other stuff can’t print. Only believe it if we close it!

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
The transfer window is a perfect storm of clickbaitery in these times. Clubs and agents are routinely leaking things to the media and there are definitely non-professional media people who pick up things as well from similar sources or from knowing players or family members (more so with youth players). Then you have the reality that transfers are incredibly hard to predict and plan when you hear people who actually have worked in the game talk about it All this allows the bullshit artists and narcissist attention seekers to ride on the back of a whole industry which loves the emotion driven and information poor population that follows the game, particularly the Premier League. When you follow teams in other leagues other than maybe the top clubs in the big leagues, there is so much less money involved on all sides that there is nowhere near the same circus around it all.

P

peterballb

Player in Training.
I must confess, I have never understood slamming ITK's. They are either providing information which they have received in good faith or otherwise from those closer to the backroom machinations that they are, or they are spreading crap. Usually the latter is obvious, the former much harder to prove or disprove. Either way, it is to be taken with a grain of salt and, I, for one, find them interesting, entertaining, provocative, depressing etc.

Based on years of posts, certain ITK'shave earned their reputations. Are they ever going to get them all right? Nope, not any more possible than Daniel Levy or any other Chairman getting every deal they want. Last I checked there were Chairmen, Boards, Shareholders, Scouts, Agents, Players, Wives, Girlfriends (sometimes wives and girlfriends together),family, friends, fans all throwing weight on the scale. Deals are not easy and the majority (that is the reality) never get completed. That is all just the way it is.

To the credit of the ITK's and the reputable media, the Spurs targets since June have been Lo Celso, Ndombele, Clarke, Sessegnon. Two are done, a third seemingly almost there. Can anyone say we were not genuinely in for them all?

Another reality is that real ITK's get information they are allowed to share and info that they are not. This is how someone who is actually an ITK keeps getting info. Info that gets out at the wrong time can mess up a deal. Information that is "off the record" is just that. Just as with reporters, they need to protect their sources, and the info. They all, no doubt, try to confirm the information through a third and fourth source, but until they do, there's no way in Hades it may be released unless they want the tap shut off.

So, I for one, am appreciative of the ITK's and have no problem increasing my sodium input during Transfer Window Time. I only get excited when something comes out of the Blue that I like or I see it on BBC or the Spurs Website. Today, there were two out of the blue moments. Coutinho loan possibility, then Juventus accepting Spurs Dybala offer. Since all along there was a belief that Lo Celso was actually number 2 on the list, it was always a wonder who number 1 was. Now we know. Coutinho was number 1 for the Eriksen position. Cool. If we get it done, incredible. Dybala was more fantasy, but seems like we have a willing partner (FFP can be a real problem). So, all in all, day filled with entertainment that may well lead to possibilities not many of us will have seen coming. What's next, a Thursday medical for Bale?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I must confess, I have never understood slamming ITK's. They are either providing information which they have received in good faith or otherwise from those closer to the backroom machinations that they are, or they are spreading crap. Usually the latter is obvious, the former much harder to prove or disprove. Either way, it is to be taken with a grain of salt and, I, for one, find them interesting, entertaining, provocative, depressing etc.

Based on years of posts, certain ITK'shave earned their reputations. Are they ever going to get them all right? Nope, not any more possible than Daniel Levy or any other Chairman getting every deal they want. Last I checked there were Chairmen, Boards, Shareholders, Scouts, Agents, Players, Wives, Girlfriends (sometimes wives and girlfriends together),family, friends, fans all throwing weight on the scale. Deals are not easy and the majority (that is the reality) never get completed. That is all just the way it is.

To the credit of the ITK's and the reputable media, the Spurs targets since June have been Lo Celso, Ndombele, Clarke, Sessegnon. Two are done, a third seemingly almost there. Can anyone say we were not genuinely in for them all?

Another reality is that real ITK's get information they are allowed to share and info that they are not. This is how someone who is actually an ITK keeps getting info. Info that gets out at the wrong time can mess up a deal. Information that is "off the record" is just that. Just as with reporters, they need to protect their sources, and the info. They all, no doubt, try to confirm the information through a third and fourth source, but until they do, there's no way in Hades it may be released unless they want the tap shut off.

So, I for one, am appreciative of the ITK's and have no problem increasing my sodium input during Transfer Window Time. I only get excited when something comes out of the Blue that I like or I see it on BBC or the Spurs Website. Today, there were two out of the blue moments. Coutinho loan possibility, then Juventus accepting Spurs Dybala offer. Since all along there was a belief that Lo Celso was actually number 2 on the list, it was always a wonder who number 1 was. Now we know. Coutinho was number 1 for the Eriksen position. Cool. If we get it done, incredible. Dybala was more fantasy, but seems like we have a willing partner (FFP can be a real problem). So, all in all, day filled with entertainment that may well lead to possibilities not many of us will have seen coming. What's next, a Thursday medical for Bale?

Ok. Thanks for the lecture.

I’m all about ITK posts. I enjoy reading them and take them for pure entertainment value. That’s the reason I go to different sites and post them here.

I also think it is humorous when they claim to have known something after news breaks on it. Same as when they state “they will report back at the end of the window” or some shit like that.

P

peterballb

Player in Training.
Ok. Thanks for the lecture.

I’m all about ITK posts. I enjoy reading them and take them for pure entertainment value. That’s the reason I go to different sites and post them here.

I also think it is humorous when they claim to have known something after news breaks on it. Same as when they state “they will report back at the end of the window” or some shit like that.
And what, about any of that, suggests it was not true? I have no way of proving or disproving. Do you? Thus I take it with the requisite NaCl..

I just don't see the point in castigating people for what they do where there is an obvious value (whether fact or fiction it creates conversation and entertains) and no real harm.

No lecture.

Chacun a son gout. I invented the piano necktie. Mugatu. Entertaining and harmless regardless of truth

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix
When: 7th August

So as of a brief conversation this morning with two days to go we are pushing for 3 in with even more to go. Sess looks set and it's a 2 from 4 scenario with the others with BF looking least likely as things stand. As I keep saying though within an hour everything can change.

If Levy pulls this off he's a genius, because we are talking about real marquee signings, not just tenuous links to drive their prices up eksewhere.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Yanited were never going to pay what we wanted, and got told they offered below 50m, but we allowed them to speak. Coutinho loan is/was insurance of CE left after the window.

Told Dybala/GLC/BF does not depend on selling CE. Dybala especially is structurally a 5 year payment plan, in line with his contract. See this as 50/50. Player keen, but obvs financials only possible issue. Told Betis accepted our payment proposal now. But if we get Dybala & Coutinho. for example, we wouldn’t pursue any other in that area.

Aurier will only be allowed to go if we can bring in a RB.

*Until it happens, apply caution*

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Breezer
Where: SpursCommunity
When: 7th August 2019

Ok no over reactions.... BF should be pushed over the line tonight or early tomorrow. 👍🏽

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
And what, about any of that, suggests it was not true? I have no way of proving or disproving. Do you? Thus I take it with the requisite NaCl..

I just don't see the point in castigating people for what they do where there is an obvious value (whether fact or fiction it creates conversation and entertains) and no real harm.

No lecture.

Chacun a son gout. I invented the piano necktie. Mugatu. Entertaining and harmless regardless of truth

Unsure what’s wrong with taking something at entertainment value, whilst taking the piss out of them for claims they make that seem made up (claiming to have known things but didn’t post until news broke, saying they can’t reveal anything unless it happens and after the window closes, etc)

Enjoy reading the posts, regardless.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

No lecture.

I wonder what they seek by wanting to be so called "ITK".

Without going into detail,I am privvy to information on a spurs player,they (my source lol) visited me here last week and for a couple of hours we chatted,I know far more than I should from the player and his family,my friend is very close to his parents,one was best man at his wedding,the bloke was at the players christening years back.Now I have heard what Levy and Poch have said to the player before signing,i was told 2 weeks before announcement he had signed,i know details of talks between the 2 clubs involved and T&Cs on the transfer.So what do I do,what any sane level headed loyal person would do,keep it to myself,not embarrass my friend or leave him explaining why he has told someone details to people he has known for decades and decades.

Yes its all a bit of fun,reading it,but i dont believe a word of it,90% of the time they are proven wrong or misinformed again and again.Its the claiming to be something that bugs me,not so much what they spout.Why hide behind false names,is it because if you where ITK you shouldnt be telling the whole world a secret you are trusted with?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I wonder what they seek by wanting to be so called "ITK".

Without going into detail,I am privvy to information on a spurs player,they (my source lol) visited me here last week and for a couple of hours we chatted,I know far more than I should from the player and his family,my friend is very close to his parents,one was best man at his wedding,the bloke was at the players christening years back.Now I have heard what Levy and Poch have said to the player before signing,i was told 2 weeks before announcement he had signed,i know details of talks between the 2 clubs involved and T&Cs on the transfer.So what do I do,what any sane level headed loyal person would do,keep it to myself,not embarrass my friend or leave him explaining why he has told someone details to people he has known for decades and decades.

Yes its all a bit of fun,reading it,but i dont believe a word of it,90% of the time they are proven wrong or misinformed again and again.Its the claiming to be something that bugs me,not so much what they spout.Why hide behind false names,is it because if you where ITK you shouldnt be telling the whole world a secret you are trusted with?

what a cock tease. standard ITK WUM'ing, that! 😜

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Educated opinion!
If BF signs in, it is not because we failed on GLC. If that happens, which seems likely, will reveal after the window.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Discussion with Valencia
Friendly discussion VY. Would love us to get both (GLC, BF) but with CE holding out for RM, and still on our books, can’t see both. Hence, the beauty had we been able to pull off Coutinho loan.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: coutinho

I haven’t heard Coutinho is off! Though it looks to be the case. Reason; Barca has told him in no uncertain terms ‘WE DO NOT LOVE OR WANT YOU ANYMORE, YOU MOODY GIT. FIND ANOTHER CLUB’. Will he accept that?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: The Goat

The Goat's source says he is confident we'll sign Lo Celso and Sessegnon tomorrow but that's all.

Less confident in Dybala and Atal saying they were 'possible'. Also that Fernandes is the backup in the unlikely case that Lo Celso hits a snag.